[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

I goofed and double posted. ^_^
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Mar 12, 2020, 6:37:03 PM
@BrittleKnee

Awesome guide - well laid out and easy to follow! Definitely running this as my league start. I haven't played a bow based character in ages and having just come from Vortex/Cold Snap this seems right up my alley.

A couple of suggestions for the build guide:
It'd be nice to have the stats you should be prioritizing at a really high level in the leveling section for newbies to the build. It's nice to see what kind of mods you should be looking for on early magical / rare items. Just a line or two - for example:

Defensive: Life, Resistances, Energy Shield, etc.
Damage: Damage Over Time Multiplier, etc.

Sorry if that's included in there somewhere! I took a poke around and didn't see it. It's easy to see what you're looking for end game based on your crafts but I don't really know ideal stats for the early life based / MOM setup.

Also, a rough guide on determining when to make the swap to CI would be helpful. A roundabout level, ascendancy, or amount of ES would be great for people not used to making the switch.

Thanks for all of your effort!
Last edited by chairfight on Mar 12, 2020, 9:47:10 PM
Hello this will probably be my league starter but without the +1 arrow on quiver and the +2 arrow from dying sun how good the clearspeed feels since we are not taking lmp/gmp ?

I feel like start of map with just one arrow is kinda bad and will be boring , and in delirium its big packs of mob everywhere
"
chairfight wrote:
@BrittleKnee

Awesome guide - well laid out and easy to follow! Definitely running this as my league start. I haven't played a bow based character in ages and having just come from Vortex/Cold Snap this seems right up my alley.

One suggestion for the build guide:
It'd be nice to have the stats you're aiming to scale at a really high level in the leveling section for newbies to the build. It's nice to see what kind of mods you should be looking for on early magical / rare items. Just a line or two - for example:

Defensive: Life, Resistances, Energy Shield, etc.
Damage: Damage Over Time Multiplier, etc.

Sorry if that's included in there somewhere! I took a poke around and didn't see it. It's easy to see what you're looking for end game based on your crafts but I don't really know ideal stats for the early life based / MOM setup.

Alrighty! I'll reply here as well as add it to the guide.

While you're in your MoM TR/CA Setup, you'll want to focus on Life, Mana and Resists. Only certain items can have flat mana values or mana% values (recent changes to temple mods have affected our gear pool) and its important to try and find both when you can. Part of the damage you're going to be taking will be put into your mana pool and you want to make sure its big enough to soak it up.

As far as how your damage scales, Chaos Damage, Damage over Time, Cdot Multi, etc, scale both TR and CA. You won't need accuracy for either but TR will need some investment into Attack Speed on a bow, quiver, rings or otherwise.

I have a lightly geared TR Trickster I've played in HC, I'll import him and leave his PoB here. I was just progressing into T11's and T12s and my gear is not very super: https://pastebin.com/tcGtTUMC

"
alexlenne wrote:
Hello this will probably be my league starter but without the +1 arrow on quiver and the +2 arrow from dying sun how good the clearspeed feels since we are not taking lmp/gmp ?

I feel like start of map with just one arrow is kinda bad and will be boring , and in delirium its big packs of mob everywhere

Arrow Nova support with no additional projectiles feels just fine. I never had a addional projectile of any sort. There's mapping gameplay in the video at the top of the guide if you wish to see how clear is. It may not be to your fancy, so maybe you'll want to prioritize trying to get a bow with the new +proj suffix.
"
alexlenne wrote:

should not be needed just get the 6 link bow from imperial legacy and alt it until you get a +1, but y, the +1 arrow is now common, I was thinking to get a +2 arrow +3 gem on the mods just to bring it to standard even if I won't end up playing a bow build this season, just use corroded-prismatic-metallic-(serrated if ya got the $) and sell the +3 bows to refound the craft until you get a +3 gem +2 arrow. with all the people playing cdot this season, it should be a profitable craft
Hello, sorry for may be stupid question, but I have to ask, because I newer play DOT build before. How do you feel CA is goood on single target with bossses? Isn't worth to swap on it CA with TR?
Last edited by Sellan on Mar 13, 2020, 6:03:14 AM
What do you think about the jewel node that lets enemies explode?
Could that potentially replace asenath gloves?
me make it league you build ty work!!!!
"
Sellan wrote:
Hello, sorry for may be stupid question, but I have to ask, because I newer play DOT build before. How do you feel CA is goood on single target with bossses? Isn't worth to swap on it CA with TR?

I have no overwhelming need to kill a boss at any given speed. TR still requires you to actively aim and attack a boss in addition to maintaining your curse and wither. I prefer CA because I don't have to do anything but maintain and shoot once in a while, leaving me free to dodge and pat attention to the arena. To me, that safety is nicer than damage. Others may feel different, and just want the fight to end as quickly as possible. There's nothing in the guide telling you you can't engage in any sort of gem swaps to your personal preference, or stay CA, I argue that the build is modular enough to be customized to personal preference. So, if TR feels better on bosses, then go for it. Just don't use Conc on TR because reducing its AoE/Overlap is less DPS and PoB is a lie.

"
nextfelipe wrote:
What do you think about the jewel node that lets enemies explode?
Could that potentially replace asenath gloves?

It could act as a stand in for sure as long as it doesn't have any on hit conditional wording about it.
Im specifically talking about 'Unspeakable Gifts'.
"Enemies you Kill have a 10% to explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum life as chaos damage".

Could be really good or am i wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info