[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

Hi Brittleknee love your guide. In section 3.1 crafting bow you said to use Crusader bow (or elder) for Culling or increased AOE but i dont see that the Crusader bow can roll this mods. Did you mean to use the Warlord bow which do have Culling mod on it?
alright then, thanks :). i dont know what i want to start with, either this or just generic ed contagion. ive had bad experiences in the past with es gear in terms of resists and attributes so im unsure.
"
yoavbob wrote:
Hi Brittleknee love your guide. In section 3.1 crafting bow you said to use Crusader bow (or elder) for Culling or increased AOE but i dont see that the Crusader bow can roll this mods. Did you mean to use the Warlord bow which do have Culling mod on it?

I did. I'm so sorry, I'll update this right away and thank you for letting me know!

You are rolling on those bases for the possibility of hitting Culling Strike. A +1 +2 bow with an open prefix for crafting Cdot multi is more than enough, the cull is just nice. You can work cull into a utility setup or even Awaken-craft Cull into gloves if you're have a nice bow and either can't slam or don't want to re-craft.

"
Karathis wrote:
alright then, thanks :). i dont know what i want to start with, either this or just generic ed contagion. ive had bad experiences in the past with es gear in terms of resists and attributes so im unsure.

You stay MoM Hybrid Life/Mana until you're ready to transition into ES/CI so there's less pressure for early gearing.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Mar 6, 2020, 2:10:20 PM
The build is looking really smooth, most like will use it for my starter and I was wondering which gem would you swap out for Arrow Nova before getting a bow with one white socket?

Talking about the Caustic Arrow - Vicious Projectiles, Void Manipulation, Swift Affliction, Empower, Damage on Full Life setup in the Life/MoM version.
"
Syperek wrote:
The build is looking really smooth, most like will use it for my starter and I was wondering which gem would you swap out for Arrow Nova before getting a bow with one white socket?

Talking about the Caustic Arrow - Vicious Projectiles, Void Manipulation, Swift Affliction, Empower, Damage on Full Life setup in the Life/MoM version.

I think Void Manip is the lower DPS of the other greens, iirc. So you would swap that one until you had a white for Conc/Arrow Nova.
"
Syperek wrote:

Tbh I'd be wary with damage on full life until you go CI. Check uptime, if you manage to stay at full life most of the time it's worth keeping it, otherwise that's the one I'd swap until you can transition to CI and ensure 100% uptime.

I would probably not even get a bow with 2 red sockets early because of that.

I feel like ES gear is cheaper to get than an empower3 early in the league as well, so you can go CI before you start getting big damage upgrades.

Not sure why CI setup has conc effect but mom setup doesn't, I hope Brittleknee can clarify that, it seems a good option for both.

P.S. Big BOO for GGG saying asenath gloves won't work on delirium mobs, it's practically that and ignite prolif / detonate dead that are affected, everything else is "on kill" effect and works.
Last edited by Viktranka on Mar 9, 2020, 7:15:06 AM
How good is this build at killing walls in delve? !Flagella

"
Viktranka wrote:

Not sure why CI setup has conc effect but mom setup doesn't, I hope Brittleknee can clarify that, it seems a good option for both.

P.S. Big BOO for GGG saying asenath gloves won't work on delirium mobs, it's practically that and ignite prolif / detonate dead that are affected, everything else is "on kill" effect and works.

It was an oversight when duplicating the entries and then changing them for Pre and Post CI. Apologies and good catch, I've changed it.

The way I understand it, the Delirium will be mixed with normal mobs, so here's to hoping there's enough of a mix of normal and added for the gloves to still be useful. They are still quite valuable in places like delve, too.

"
Ktz385 wrote:
How good is this build at killing walls in delve? !Flagella

How good are you at being a goober?

Last edited by brittleknee on Mar 9, 2020, 10:53:50 AM
Goober without equal.

BUT. To at least maintain the illusion that I can be helpful and productive, I’ll add something on crafting bows.

Traditionally when crafting a chaos dot bow, as BK stated, if you don’t hit a second suffix on the regal, you need to scour and go again, as you need to have 2 other suffixes and cannot roll attack mods to guarantee +1 socketed gems.

Howeeeever. Influenced exalts change that. And make targeting generic DoT Multi suffix with alt regal spam a 100% guaranteed craft at a max cost of 9 Exalts and a Warlord’s exalt. The reason for this, is that the cannot roll attack mods craft blocks every warlord’s prefix, and leaves only the fire an additional arrow, culling strike, and phasing on kill mods as possibilities.

What you would do is basically alt spam on an UNINFLUENCED bow until you hit generic dot multiplier suffix, and then regal.

Note, the steps/order you do this in are VERY IMPORTANT.

If you hit another suffix on the regal, you can choose whether or not to keep going, you’re not getting rid of this other suffix. Personally, I’d annul any other uninfluenced suffix and just go again but up to you, if you decide to keep it process is easy.

You have a bow with generic dot multi, as well as another suffix

-If you have a prefix as well, suffixes cant be changed and scour. (Note we’ll get to the double/single prefix and dot multi as solitary suffix in a moment, dear god do not suffixes cant be changed and scour down to a single suffix bow will become magic again)
-Cannot Roll attack mods
-exalt slam for +1 socketed gems
-Replace cannot roll attack mods with 3 crafted mods, +2 support gems (basically +2 bow gems with empower only better as it boosts your other supports too), and chaos dot multi.

Now to the spice, the above is the traditional method, but what if we have generic dot multi and 1/2 prefixes? That’s why we have a warlords exalt.

Bow with dot multi suffix and 1/2 prefixes.

-cannot roll attack mods
-slam warlords exalt, all prefixes are attack mods, so only results are cull, additional arrow, or phasing on kill. Pray for one of first two
-suffixes cant be changed, scour to remove prefixes. Now that we have another suffix we can safely scour our now influenced bow without it turning magic. We now have a rare bow with generic dot multi suffix, and warlords suffix
-we now follow the steps for the traditional method, we basically replaced the ‘random’ sufix with one of three warlods mods
-cannot roll attack mods again, exalt slam for +1 socketed gems
-multimod +2 aupports and chaos dot multi.

I’ll link an example of resulting now from my ssf toon in meta which used the above method tomorrow when I’m home, but the resulting bow looks like:

Prefixes:
+1 socketed gems
+2 socketed support gems(crafted)
Chaos dot multi (crafted)

Suffixes:
Dot multi
Warlords suffix: culling strike, additional arrow, or phasing on kill
Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers(crafted)

As you can see the above method is 100% reliable with no rng involved beyond which warlord mod you hit, up to you to decide if its worth. Cost is 9 exalts and a warlords exalt, plus however many alts.

Now that GGG released all the new notables do any of them stand out for this build?

The No Witnesses (Elusive), Tempered Arrowheads (DoT Multi and Duration) and Brush with Death (DoT Multi and ES on kill) look decent on paper but I'm not sure if they'd be worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info