[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

Hello, I'm gonna use your build this league as it looks interesting. Thanks for the work you put in the guide, everything is clear and detailed! Have a good time this league :D
O snap, I just had a quick look at the pob, ya might have just changed my league starter that I have been practicing for 2 days xD
I'm using this as league start, I'm suffering from F.U.D. about the changes
double snap, ya just got featured by tarke and a bunch of people are gonna play it, now i'm back 50-50 on my previus league starter
"
Grekey wrote:
double snap, ya just got featured by tarke and a bunch of people are gonna play it, now i'm back 50-50 on my previus league starter
Doesn't matter, worse part is that a lot and I mean A LOT of streamers / youtubers announced they'll league start with ED / contagion and that build shares like 80% of the gear with CA.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Grekey wrote:
Doesn't matter, worse part is that a lot and I mean A LOT of streamers / youtubers announced they'll league start with ED / contagion and that build shares like 80% of the gear with CA.

True, the competition is gonna be hard, but most of the items could/should be self crafted/corrupted, most bases can be found while farming and we should be using the bow from imperial legacy to start farming maps... so it's not so bad at the same time...
the only items I'm not familiar with is Asenath's Gentle Touch
Humble. A female that doesn't have a cam on her during streaming is a rarity. I like it.

What are your thoughts on CA v TR?

I don't have end end game experience yet. I haven't beaten elder or done T14+ yet. I've played CA up to maps and enjoyed it but it seems everyone says it's terrible for bosses. I'm really between the two right now for my league starter. I'll likely play as CA and just build my tree that overlaps both.

I've seen people say to gem swap for TR when bossing but I think attack speed is hugely important to TR and it really doesn't matter for CA.

The TR build that I'm looking at is by tdemon.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2467666?ez_cid=CLIENT_ID(AMP_ECID_EZOIC)
So for the Sadist Garb, is the crafting process to fossil quality and then try to craft as much es/ev as possible + whatever resists/attributes and then craft quality? Or is there some better way to do it/desirable influence?
Another question. Wouldn't a bow with +1 gems, damage over time and crafted chaos damage over time and +2 support be stronger as an endgame option or am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind, run the numbers, faceted is more damage than DoT, but DoT does have some neat slams from conqueror orbs.
Last edited by peotraxanas on Mar 12, 2020, 4:52:06 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:

Maybe I don't get a say in this but it does matter. It matters to me someone thought enough of my build to shout it out. If someone wants to play the build because they are excited about how it will handle the content, then more power to them IMO! People return to Cdot builds because they have a great toolkit to handle content, and it is comfortable and familiar when facing new mechanics and leagues.

"
Humble. A female that doesn't have a cam on her during streaming is a rarity. I like it.

What are your thoughts on CA v TR?

I don't have end end game experience yet. I haven't beaten elder or done T14+ yet. I've played CA up to maps and enjoyed it but it seems everyone says it's terrible for bosses. I'm really between the two right now for my league starter. I'll likely play as CA and just build my tree that overlaps both.

I've seen people say to gem swap for TR when bossing but I think attack speed is hugely important to TR and it really doesn't matter for CA.

The TR build that I'm looking at is by tdemon.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2467666?ez_cid=CLIENT_ID(AMP_ECID_EZOIC)

CA vs. TR comes down to scaling and playstyle. TR has a slightly higher ceiling due to the fact it can overlap/stack. The sacrifice is you have to constantly be pointing at your target and engaging it, much like Rain of Arrows. Caustic has a lower ceiling, cannot overlap, but it does not require much active attention, allowing you to pay attention to other things, much like Vortex.

They both scale similarly, though there are minor differences, so as you're leveling you can go back and forth, or use one then transition into the other. Weave the Arcane has a lot of synergy with TR MoM Trickster because of how often you attack, allowing you to rapidly refill your mana after big hits. I'll likely be TR until I'm ready to go CA but I do prefer CA at endgame. There's going to be enough shit to pay attention to with all the new mob affixes, abilities, etc, you know? Bossing on CA is slower but it doesn't bother me much as long as I can get it done and its safe, which once you're CI/ES this build is definitely safe.

"
peotraxanas wrote:
So for the Sadist Garb, is the crafting process to fossil quality and then try to craft as much es/ev as possible + whatever resists/attributes and then craft quality? Or is there some better way to do it/desirable influence?

Perfect to 30%, then you'll use Dense. Up to you if you'd like to spend the $ on Sanctified fossils, too. I found it to be worth it, but I also was actively delving and sourced them for myself. I think its important to use dense rather than trying to alt spam simply because its nice to 100% remove life from the pool of mods. It comes down to your preference and your budget. I had an open suffix and slammed with a Crusader for ES Recovery.

"
peotraxanas wrote:
Another question. Wouldn't a bow with +1 gems, damage over time and crafted chaos damage over time and +2 support be stronger as an endgame option or am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind, run the numbers, faceted is more damage than DoT, but DoT does have some neat slams from conqueror orbs.

Yeah for sure, if I could have gotten the non-specific DoT Suffix, I definitely would have. I got distracted by other projects towards the end of the league and never made it back to trying to craft a better bow. In my experience getting that DoT Suffix to show up is exceedingly rare. Maybe I was just unlucky.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Mar 12, 2020, 7:00:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info