[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

After some nice upgrades tonight, here's my gear currently.

What direction should i go next (I'm thinking of explode chest with -15 mana)

I just need to fix my cold resist with a different belt but other then that what do you think?

I'll chance my boots to 20% move and cannot be chilled to free up a flask slot for burning.

sitting on 4.4k life, probably looking for 5k on lvl 90~91 (hopefully?).

Thank you :)
"
indirect wrote:
"
indirect wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I bricked these boots with Annuls last night lol (I shouldn't even try)

Friend hooked me up with these though :O

Now I just need to get gud tho

Bro ... what is it making you trolling us hard here? ...
Last edited by bex_HB on Apr 5, 2020, 6:28:55 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for the amazing guide! I am a bit over 15M DPS now with 6k health, and crushing everything. Everything from Sirus 8 to shaper was a breeze with this build past about 3M DPS, and now everything pretty much just falls over when I get near.

Here is my POB if anyone is interested. I have a bit to go still, but getting close to being done.

https://pastebin.com/zW0hmsJk

I have to say though it is painful going through dozens upon dozens of posts here that are basically, "Hey I didn't read the guide past the first paragraph but can you go through my whole gear/tree/character and tell me what to do to get better!"
Last edited by Bainand on Apr 5, 2020, 10:54:20 PM
"
Bainand wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you for the amazing guide! I am a bit over 15M DPS now with 6k health, and crushing everything. Everything from Sirus 8 to shaper was a breeze with this build past about 3M DPS, and now everything pretty much just falls over when I get near.

Here is my POB if anyone is interested. I have a bit to go still, but getting close to being done.

https://pastebin.com/zW0hmsJk

I have to say though it is painful going through dozens upon dozens of posts here that are basically, "Hey I didn't read the guide past the first paragraph but can you go through my whole gear/tree/character and tell me what to do to get better!"

Do you find the melee strike range helps much with map clearing? I'm torn if I want to dump all the currency I've earned (about 11ex) into this build or either shift over to a slayer and try out some silly aoe cluster stacking or just re-roll something with better mapping. This build is so cheap to progress through the endgame with but I definitely have been noticing its shortcomings with map clear among other things.
"

Do you find the melee strike range helps much with map clearing? I'm torn if I want to dump all the currency I've earned (about 11ex) into this build or either shift over to a slayer and try out some silly aoe cluster stacking or just re-roll something with better mapping. This build is so cheap to progress through the endgame with but I definitely have been noticing its shortcomings with map clear among other things.

I find melee strike range helps quite a bit (It is equivalent to 8% increased AOE) if I am just clearing regular unbuffed maps, which I sometimes do when I just want to zone out. For this I put on a pair of +2 strike range gloves, and I swap two of my "precise focus" medium jewels to some 5c jewels I bought with magnifier and assert dominance. I also swap infused channeling for pulverize. This gives me an extra 120% of area of effect with roughly 6M DPS loss to bring me to around 9M which isn't too bad. I believe Slayer gives an extra 66% area bonus (50% area + 2 strike range), so I get almost double what the slayer bonus would give me just with swapping gloves, 2 clusters, and one gem.

However, most of my time recently has been doing fully juiced 100% delirious maps, which need every bit of DPS. For these I drop the extra area and go pure damage. Same with shaper/elder/sirus.

Note: Just +1 melee strike on amulet, level 21 cyclone gem makes a big difference and I run those all the time.
Last edited by Bainand on Apr 6, 2020, 1:27:27 AM
"
Bainand wrote:
"

I find melee strike range helps quite a bit (It is equivalent to 8% increased AOE) if I am just clearing regular unbuffed maps, which I sometimes do when I just want to zone out. For this I put on a pair of +2 strike range gloves, and I swap two of my "precise focus" medium jewels to some 5c jewels I bought with magnifier and assert dominance. I also swap infused channeling for pulverize. This gives me an extra 120% of area of effect with roughly 6M DPS loss to bring me to around 9M which isn't too bad. I believe Slayer gives an extra 66% area bonus (50% area + 2 strike range), so I get almost double what the slayer bonus would give me just with swapping gloves, 2 clusters, and one gem.

However, most of my time recently has been doing fully juiced 100% delirious maps, which need every bit of DPS. For these I drop the extra area and go pure damage. Same with shaper/elder/sirus.

Note: Just +1 melee strike on amulet, level 21 cyclone gem makes a big difference and I run those all the time.

Here is my POB for my "Area" build.
https://pastebin.com/fKExZUPB

Still does 10.5M DPS, but much larger area. I use it about 30-40% of the time when not bossing or pushing 100% delirius maps. It shows a radius of 16, but it is actually much larger since POB doesn't calculate the radius from the "assert dominance" medium jewels. I have two which give 25% area each, so I have 50% area over that the POB is showing. My circle with this build is bigger than the slayer vids I have watched.

Overall I prefer the 15.5M build with the smaller radius for what I do.
"
maciek2g wrote:
"
maciek2g wrote:
I need help with next upgrades, my dmg is kinda low (750k shaper dps in POB).
I'v recently shwitched my amulet to Impresence and running Vulnerability + Blasphemy.

Watcher's Eye with %Increased dmg while affected by Precision

On top of that, I'm running cluster jewels
2x Large with Claw dmg
-2x Deep cuts, Wind-up, Smite the Weak
3x Medium with Channeling dmg and 1x Medium with Critical strike chance
-2x Precise Focus, Hex Breaker, Rapid Infusion, Precise Commander, Savage Response
3x Small with % life
-3x Fettle

Bump, anyone could help me? How do I improve DPS now?
Switched weapon back to
, tooltip dps seems a bit higher. But what to upgrade next? I feel like there is not much to improve now...

Bump again.
I dont understand where this dps comes from... I'v did some testing in POB like
-Assassins mark ring instead of Vulnerability (using Impresence right now)
-430pdps claw instead of Wasp
-Tailwind boots
-Precise Commander + Pressure Points jewel

And I'm around 2M dps then.. other upgrade might be only crit chest, but I dont think it will boost my dmg by 10M.

I'm sitting at 25 ex right now, I should be able to obtain those items, could you suggest any other upgrades I could make to boost my dps?
"
maciek2g wrote:

-Precise Commander + Pressure Points jewel

And I'm around 2M dps then.. other upgrade might be only crit chest, but I dont think it will boost my dmg by 10M.

I'm sitting at 25 ex right now, I should be able to obtain those items, could you suggest any other upgrades I could make to boost my dps?

So and i guess you can do almost all content well, right?

Why worrying all the day about number and stuff instead of playing the game ...
anyway - maybe some checkbox missing in PoB, do you use the modified PoB mentioned on page #1 btw?
Because else you will not come close to correct numbers because of several interaction mechanics difficult to calculate ( i really assume your PoB setting is the problem, not the gear ... ).

Wow i am glad not to be such numbercrunching-fan, all that leaves in the end is a sad mood lol
"
bex_HB wrote:

So and i guess you can do almost all content well, right?

Why worrying all the day about number and stuff instead of playing the game ...
anyway - maybe some checkbox missing in PoB, do you use the modified PoB mentioned on page #1 btw?
Because else you will not come close to correct numbers because of several interaction mechanics difficult to calculate ( i really assume your PoB setting is the problem, not the gear ... ).

Wow i am glad not to be such numbercrunching-fan, all that leaves in the end is a sad mood lol

Well, not exactly, those are numbers after I make those upgrades, right now dps is a bit lower and I'm still looking for a way to make the best out of currency I have, thats why I ask for help here, maybe I could swap some other gear parts to get better result.

What's more - I can't really do all the content. Shaper for example, maybe its a bit about mechanics, but still dps is so low and it takes so much time I have to play it perfectly. Otherwise 3rd phase is almost impossible.

Also, I consider it fun and rewarding if I can melt boss in few seconds. Then I feel that invest I made to this character were worth it, whats wrong about that?

About POB, I'm having it set exactly like the one from this guide, I can paste it later. Only thing that Im not sure are cluster jewels, don't know how to work with them in PoB so I basicly created one jewel that has all modifiers from my cluster jewels.
Last edited by maciek2g on Apr 6, 2020, 5:24:04 AM
for more aoe you can always switch to sand stance while mapping if ur dps is high enough

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info