Solution to EXP loss/Death Penalty that wont make everyone angry

"
Fruz wrote:
Basic logic won't reach everyone it seems, oh well.

Willful ignorance is one of the more annoying things on the internet, but you can't escape it. You can lead a horse to water...

Better to remember that patiently worded logical rebuttals might be beyond the ability (or will, more likely) of the target to understand, but others who are reading them can reach their own insights. Hopefully that helps them to argue more rationally (and convincingly) themselves going forward.

Speaking personally, I've learned a number of insightful things from other posters who are responding to ignorant posts.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Willful ignorance is one of the more annoying things on the internet, but you can't escape it. You can lead a horse to water...

Better to remember that patiently worded logical rebuttals might be beyond the ability (or will, more likely) of the target to understand, but others who are reading them can reach their own insights. Hopefully that helps them to argue more rationally (and convincingly) themselves going forward.

Speaking personally, I've learned a number of insightful things from other posters who are responding to ignorant posts.

Is that why you failed to respond to a single point in my explanation? The reality is this while i can be wrong in theory ( i am not, but in theory). I am sure as hell not ignorant and have extremely successful software developer career to prove that.

You on the other hand show complete lack of understanding above basic logic. And your reduction of attempts to logically justify your point of view to pure trolling is a clear indicator of this.

"
If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell

This pretty much sums it up better than i ever could.
Last edited by Deathfairy on Feb 26, 2020, 6:11:49 PM
all they need to do is to balance combate system, players with 6k or over life are dieng with a single hit. dont need to do so much or even talk too much, and am starting to get very bored of this game. u waste like 3 or 4 hours in maps or delve for exp, and a single hit get fucked up every thing.

all they need to do is to make work corecetly, this is not an arcade game. they realy need to fix combat system, it is starting seriously to make poe anoying.
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Hint : if you are alone against the world regarding something, you might want to think twice about the whole thing lol, seriously.

Humour has nothing to do with the fact that you are just trying to make the same logical fallacy here, as you were still trying to make a point based on a fallacious premise.

Now, I will simply add you to my ignore list and never see your message on this forum again as it is clearly not a good use of my time.

Cheers

Damn you and your buddy are world now, you sure are full of yourself. And i enjoyed reading your clear rebuttal of my quite clear even for your level explanation. Oh wait i didn't coz there was none...

I am sorry humor is too hard for you to grasp, i really feel sorry for your state of life, it must suck.

Sorry that I don't feel the humor in you building a level 100 1-button character designed to do that kind of content and telling your son to play that instead of Minecraft. When you're accusing others of making poor argument, at least take one second to think about yours.

I am happy to hear you're at least trying to be a good parent, if not to be good at debates.

Edit: Just looked at the character. If your son is able to farm that gear himself I'll be impressed. The people OP is pretending to stand up for will not acquire or craft such in 1,000 years. It's so bad an argument I feel silly responding to you.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Feb 26, 2020, 6:17:07 PM
"
Sorry that I don't feel the humor in you building a level 100 1-button character designed to do that kind of content and telling your son to play that instead of Minecraft. When you're accusing others of making poor argument, at least take one second to think about yours.

I am happy to hear you're at least trying to be a good parent, if not to be good at debates.

Edit: Just looked at the character. If your son is able to farm that gear himself I'll be impressed. The people OP is pretending to stand up for will not acquire or craft such in 1,000 years. It's so bad an argument I feel silly responding to you.

You really should feel silly. This was never meant to be a legit argument. It is a 5 year old.... He can click and hold a mouse... Ocasionally he can press a flask.

But in any case if you are so anal about it. Yes you are correct this is not a valid argument.

P.s. i was not trying to impress anyone with my god gamer 5 year old for the love of something holy.
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"

You really should feel silly. This was never meant to be a legit argument. It is a 5 year old.... He can click and hold a mouse... Ocasionally he can press a flask.

But in any case if you are so anal about it. Yes you are correct this is not a valid argument.

P.s. i was not trying to impress anyone with my god gamer 5 year old for the love of something holy.

Hey Mr "I have a very successful career in programming" I'd appreciate you not deleting the username from quotes so I get a notification when you do have the leisure to reply or learn that Q stands for Quote so you don't to Ctrl+C/V my post.

If you don't want to argue facts, then don't argue. I haven't seen a single suggestion to improve the situation (if we should even call it one). And that's after the fact there's no apparent need to change anything
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I will quote however i want thank you.

That said i have no idea what are even arguing for or against. And why you arguing with me.. and what...
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
If you don't want to argue facts, then don't argue. I haven't seen a single suggestion to improve the situation (if we should even call it one). And that's after the fact there's no apparent need to change anything
I wonder if it's deliberate or accidental that this paragraph discusses facts, plans and values, three separate topics which have at most a tenuous connection with each other. I'm guessing not, because of the use of the word "fact" to describe opinion in the third sentence.

But to discuss values (and, indirectly, plans), I consider it dangerous at best, and foolhardy at worst, to think no action should be taken when you've got customers complaining. I'm definitely NOT saying to let the patients play at being doctor and design their own treatments — that's crazy — but when you've got a lot of people coming in with symptoms, a good hospital doesn't refuse to see them.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 26, 2020, 10:47:34 PM
"
Deathfairy wrote:
Is that why you failed to respond to a single point in my explanation? The reality is this while i can be wrong in theory ( i am not, but in theory). I am sure as hell not ignorant and have extremely successful software developer career to prove that.

You on the other hand show complete lack of understanding above basic logic. And your reduction of attempts to logically justify your point of view to pure trolling is a clear indicator of this.

I responded to every point you made, Deathfairy, and without dramatic hyperbole I might add.

I also never accused you of being "ignorant" or "a retard who can't read" (all your own words).

Rather, the posts were meant as a kindness, with a touch of humor to soften the message, to help you (and others) understand that categories and indicators are distinct, and when you confuse the two you come to conclusions which do not make sense. This may seem ridiculous to you, or indicate a "complete lack of understanding above basic logic," to use your words, but it is nonetheless an objective fact.

That you were offended by the posts (and lashed out with insults of your own), despite the fact that they included no insults, is not something I will take responsibility for. Though I am sorry your feelings were hurt, your outrage is your own creation.

Please go ahead and make whatever follow-up statement you feel you need to do to save face, and then let's drop this, shall we? I'd say the proverbial horse which refused to drink is quite dead by now. It requires no further kicking.
Wash your hands, Exile!
The moment you feel the need to resort to real life credentials to try to justify anything on an internet forum related to something as important as ... a video game that you play in your free time .....

you know.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info