Solution to EXP loss/Death Penalty that wont make everyone angry

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
This game has been and always will be a hardcore experience. The first concept of the game was such and while GGG made the game a good tad easier since ye olde days, there's certain aspects of the game that cannot be discussed - one of which being the death penalty.

This game's own Hardcore mode struggles to even come close to the definition of hardcore in any other game with a hardcore mode.

Anyway its pretty obvious that pretty much only people who this would not affect are the ones against it, so what if most of the casual players got their own league? How does it hurt anyone here if that player was gonna quit anyway and instead of quitting is still playing and better yet spending money on the game.

Standard and Hardcore are considered to be dead by many so i don't see GGG piggybacking a casual league on the standard servers to be a big risk for them rather the opposite.

Better yet if it were done right things would work like this imo:

Softcore: has no exp loss on death and RNG is nerfed

Standard: has exp loss + deleveling and RNG is default

Hardcore: character is deleted on death and RNG is buffed

Innocence forgives you
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
This game has been and always will be a hardcore experience. The first concept of the game was such and while GGG made the game a good tad easier since ye olde days, there's certain aspects of the game that cannot be discussed - one of which being the death penalty.

This game's own Hardcore mode struggles to even come close to the definition of hardcore in any other game with a hardcore mode.

Anyway its pretty obvious that pretty much only people who this would not affect are the ones against it, so what if most of the casual players got their own league? How does it hurt anyone here if that player was gonna quit anyway and instead of quitting is still playing and better yet spending money on the game.

Standard and Hardcore are considered to be dead by many so i don't see GGG piggybacking a casual league on the standard servers to be a big risk for them rather the opposite.

I am not a fan of questioning basic concepts for the sake of questioning basic concepts. Now you want to buff RNG for harder leagues, too? And nerf it even for your proposition of softcore? You'd make the game feel like shit and make the player feel punished for playing softcore and that's an even bigger source of frustration than some measly 10% XP could ever be.

What people don't understand is that you don't die because of your gear most of the time but because you are making mistakes as a player. There's a reason why some people have no problem reaching 95+ without any problems and some struggle to get past 80. There's a difficult learning curve to the game and some checks in place to prevent the unprepared from accessing the hardest content. If every one of those noobs you want to "protect" would have a fully awakened atlas they'd die to bosses on T1 maps.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Feb 25, 2020, 10:53:44 AM
"
What people don't understand is that you don't die because of your gear most of the time but because you are making mistakes as a player

That is why my 5 year old can clear t16s and 600 depth during his 30 min a week allowed gaming on my lvl 100 cycloner. Guess i raised a god gamer.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I am not a fan of questioning basic concepts for the sake of questioning basic concepts. Now you want to buff RNG for harder leagues, too? And nerf it even for your proposition of softcore? You'd make the game feel like shit and make the player feel punished for playing softcore and that's an even bigger source of frustration than some measly 10% XP could ever be.

What people don't understand is that you don't die because of your gear most of the time but because you are making mistakes as a player. There's a reason why some people have no problem reaching 95+ without any problems and some struggle to get past 80. There's a difficult learning curve to the game and some checks in place to prevent the unprepared from accessing the hardest content. If every one of those noobs you want to "protect" would have a fully awakened atlas they'd die to bosses on T1 maps.

They're already dying to those bosses, And a lot of games have it where when the difficulty is raised so is the loot and i think its a pretty good motivator usually to get people to challenge themselves.

Some things in poe need to change, there should be NO dead game-modes and if at any point they basically are its kind of on GGG to do something to fix that, the same goes for when a large portion of their playerbase is unhappy and the only thing i can see GGG ever doing in terms of removing exp loss is by creating that softcore league because i'll fight all of the casuals to the death over having exp loss removed from standard and its leagues.
Innocence forgives you
"
They're already dying to those bosses, And a lot of games have it where when the difficulty is raised so is the loot and i think its a pretty good motivator usually to get people to challenge themselves.

Some things in poe need to change, there should be NO dead game-modes and if at any point they basically are its kind of on GGG to do something to fix that, the same goes for when a large portion of their playerbase is unhappy and the only thing i can see GGG ever doing in terms of removing exp loss is by creating that softcore league because i'll fight all of the casuals to the death over having exp loss removed from standard and its leagues.

Yup, they already are dying to those bosses. Allowing them to throw corpses at bosses till they die isn't a fix to the problem. If a player isn't willing to learn the ropes, then they won't get better. Your proposition doesn't change that fact.

If RNG is "improved" for harder leagues you'll also have a negative effect on the players that are good at the game. You'd basically be speeding up the process of reaching the finishing line. Player degression would reach a new height just so you can piggy-back the people who don't understand the game.

Again: you are creating more problems instead of fixing one that isn't really a problem but a feature.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
What people don't understand is that you don't die because of your gear most of the time but because you are making mistakes as a player

That is why my 5 year old can clear t16s and 600 depth during his 30 min a week allowed gaming on my lvl 100 cycloner. Guess i raised a god gamer.

"people die most of the die because of player mistakes" != "a player not dying on a character is necessarily good at the game"

feels like deja vu here ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"

"people die most of the die because of player mistakes" != "a player not dying on a character is necessarily good at the game"

feels like deja vu here ...

Delusions are strong with you.
1) i was 100 percent correct in the previous case and you and your buddy failed to put up a coherent argument.
2) the concept you referring to about flipping is actually applicable in this case theoretically. If not for one tiny details which i thought was obvious, but let me explain.

Any post that talk about 5 year olds and raising god gamers is humoristic in nature. If that was not clear, my bad. But i think you need to lighten up.
Basic logic won't reach everyone it seems, oh well.

Hint : if you are alone against the world regarding something, you might want to think twice about the whole thing lol, seriously.

Humour has nothing to do with the fact that you are just trying to make the same logical fallacy here, as you were still trying to make a point based on a fallacious premise.

Now, I will simply add you to my ignore list and never see your message on this forum again as it is clearly not a good use of my time.

Cheers
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Basic logic won't reach everyone it seems, oh well.

Hint : if you are alone against the world regarding something, you might want to think twice about the whole thing lol, seriously.

Humour has nothing to do with the fact that you are just trying to make the same logical fallacy here, as you were still trying to make a point based on a fallacious premise.

Now, I will simply add you to my ignore list and never see your message on this forum again as it is clearly not a good use of my time.

Cheers

Damn you and your buddy are world now, you sure are full of yourself. And i enjoyed reading your clear rebuttal of my quite clear even for your level explanation. Oh wait i didn't coz there was none...

I am sorry humor is too hard for you to grasp, i really feel sorry for your state of life, it must suck.
Last edited by Deathfairy on Feb 25, 2020, 11:45:35 PM
"
Deathfairy wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Unironically, yes.

My 6yo has a Hierophant, by which I mean for about a solid month I'd get home from work and Vincent would be on the PS4 in the process of dying to normal Izaro horribly while his mother watches, and I'd say he's too young to be playing a game while trying to describe Lunaris 3, and she wouldn't care, and after who knows how many days of this I notice one day home from work he's finally ascended and on his way to face Piety and I finally just yank the controller out of his hands and tell him no more.

I don't know how to do /deaths on PS4 but it must have been hundreds. Based on time I spent watching Vincent play, the one word that comes to mind is "zerging." He was zerging the fuck out of everything, as relentless as he was unskilled.

Congratulations on raising a power gamer, I guess.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 26, 2020, 4:05:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info