Wolcen Hype Release!

"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:

I didn't even know who you guys were talking about until I clicked the link and I was like, "ohhhh its this guy" then I clicked the X and moved on lol.

To be fair when I occasionally dip back into D3 I always watch a few of his build guide videos which are decent. I just get the impression that if Blizzard were to kill his family & friends and broke into his fridge and poured all his beer down the sink he'd still make a video the next day praising them for it.
Wolcen launch crashed and burned no matter what madness Rhyker was spewing
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
This kind of stuff is just unacceptable to me in this day and age. They know how many people bought their game. This isn't 2004 where we are picking up hard copies of WoW at Walmart.

I find it hard to believe over the last 2 weeks they didnt have a better grasp of the amount of players that were going to log into the game on launch day. There is no way they didnt have a better estimation based on the copies they have been selling, because I seriously doubt more people bought the game after release with the price-hike than before; or at least to this extent.

It just comes off as greed. I mean we havent even gotten into the game bugs yet. My buddy got on early, so he has been able to play online. He texted me and told me all the items in his stash disappeared.

Just these kinds of server issues annoy me when they were on Early Access for like 6 years. They could have easily did a stress test at some point instead of hiding the apparently buggy mess behind a release day launch. They also should have a pretty good number of titles sold, because again, this is the digital age and its not like they are shooting in the dark at the potential number of players like an old WoW launch might be.

I havent used my entire 2 hours up yet. I played a bit of offline to see how it runs, it doesnt run great, and honestly, I dont even think it looks better than D3/PoE either. I'm still on the fence about a refund. I have other games to play, but I was looking forward to something new for once, but scuffed launches like this just annoy me to no end. The only reason I probably wont refund is my friend is playing. But if he quits for stuff like his stash disappearing, I'll damn sure refund before I use up my 2 hours.
"
Destructodave wrote:
This kind of stuff is just unacceptable to me in this day and age. They know how many people bought their game. This isn't 2004 where we are picking up hard copies of WoW at Walmart.

I find it hard to believe over the last 2 weeks they didnt have a better grasp of the amount of players that were going to log into the game on launch day. There is no way they didnt have a better estimation based on the copies they have been selling, because I seriously doubt more people bought the game after release with the price-hike than before; or at least to this extent.

It just comes off as greed. I mean we havent even gotten into the game bugs yet. My buddy got on early, so he has been able to play online. He texted me and told me all the items in his stash disappeared.

Just these kinds of server issues annoy me when they were on Early Access for like 6 years. They could have easily did a stress test at some point instead of hiding the apparently buggy mess behind a release day launch. They also should have a pretty good number of titles sold, because again, this is the digital age and its not like they are shooting in the dark at the potential number of players like an old WoW launch might be.

I havent used my entire 2 hours up yet. I played a bit of offline to see how it runs, it doesnt run great, and honestly, I dont even think it looks better than D3/PoE either. I'm still on the fence about a refund. I have other games to play, but I was looking forward to something new for once, but scuffed launches like this just annoy me to no end. The only reason I probably wont refund is my friend is playing. But if he quits for stuff like his stash disappearing, I'll damn sure refund before I use up my 2 hours.

Ya, I watched some of Ziz and it looked a bit painful with the online mode. I checked out the discord and could see the banter with the developers and the players. I'm puzzled they didn't get more space for there servers, maybe they had low expectations who knows. First impressions are everything and they didn't do as well as they could have.

In regards to the items disappearing, they didn't vanish if you look at the notes they do complete wipes. They wiped everything before release to make it fair for online play. So that isn't a bug or anything, that's literally in the patch notes.
I got a character started in offline mode. Online was working at the time, but I preferred offline mode anyways.

The game looks very, very good. I'll need more time with it to see how well it plays. But, my first impression is that combat is a bit more fluid than in beta (perhaps primarily because the default staff attack has a chaining effect now and is easier to use).

So far I like what I'm seeing.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

Ya, I watched some of Ziz and it looked a bit painful with the online mode. I checked out the discord and could see the banter with the developers and the players. I'm puzzled they didn't get more space for there servers, maybe they had low expectations who knows. First impressions are everything and they didn't do as well as they could have.

In regards to the items disappearing, they didn't vanish if you look at the notes they do complete wipes. They wiped everything before release to make it fair for online play. So that isn't a bug or anything, that's literally in the patch notes.

No, he was online. He has been playing all day. He was one of the lucky few who got on at the very beginning and didn't have the server issues. Hes talking about his online stuff currently. I mean its all low level junk, but thats a pretty serious bug. So, his current stash in release poofed.

Also, he just crashed on the last boss, and he cant get into a game to check, but its saying hes still in act 1. Doesn't seem to have saved his story progress. I'll erase this portion if he gets into a game and hes still in act 3. Edit: Yep, hes back at the end of act 1. RIP. I'm regretting not refunding this game now, tbh.

It took me too long to get in the game to be able to play with him, if you can even party. I mean we cant even add each other to friend's list atm, but I dont even know if hes gonna continue playing at this point, since he was wiped all the way back to the end of act 1. He was gonna just WW through it and get back to wehre he was, but apparently hes stuck on an act 2 quest that you cant redo. So hes just in limbo now until they fix whatever is going on since he cant get past an act 2 quest.
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 13, 2020, 7:17:37 PM

No need to delete anything lol, I also saw what you're talking about. Looks like its not just a server issue because people have been rolled back on both online/offline. Wonder if they will be able to revert that or at least get it fixed so it won't happen anymore. So your friend got his stuff rolled back to whatever time before, sucks to hear.

Edit* It just happened to Quin now too.
Last edited by ZACHWILDCAT on Feb 13, 2020, 6:44:15 PM
Picked it up last week. The beta, despite being low on features and content, was very encouraging. Never mind the cryengine graphics, the game just feels right. The Act1 mid-boss was a fun fight, the end-act boss fight felt epic.

Honestly, parts of the game feel like an homage to PoE, which I consider a good thing, and let's be honest, PoE is a big homage to Diablo 2, so that's a pretty good lineage going on. What really impressed me was the way the story and gameplay ebb and flow with each other. There is a story to be told, but it doesn't get in the way of said gameplay. ARPGs are about skills, stats, and items, and Wolcen does all three in a good way.

Currently downloading 1.0.0.

[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
Does Raikker practice his self-righteous tone or what?
does anyone know what the end-game is? What do you do after the acts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info