Wolcen Hype Release!

"
Mentoya wrote:
does anyone know what the end-game is? What do you do after the acts?

"
Wolcen randomly generates every level of the labyrinth,
including the rooms, hallways, lights, shrines, fountains,
cauldrons, pools, special themed areas, treasures and monsters.
The list just goes on, but what it boils down to is each time you
enter a new level within the labyrinth, you will have new things
to do and discover.

After you beat Wolcen, try
another game with a different character class.

You won't be disappointed.

Spoiler
I ripped bits from the Diablo readme for that.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
You can just sit here and blabber about how but hurt you are because you spent 30 euros or blabber about POE vs Wolcen. Meanwhile I am going to enjoy my 35 spent euros and not care about comparing :)))...

The game looks very good, and if the end game will be as good as they say it is, for sure I am not giving GGG another dime in the future.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Lul...! This GAEM has no endgame...!
"
IMSilver wrote:
Lul...! This GAEM has no endgame...!

How would you know?

Apparently you haven't even hit end game in POE even with 17 achievements ;/. So I guess for you even POE has no end game.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
This has to be one of the worst releases I've seen in awhile. I know there are other games that released that had server issues.

But Wolcen's extends beyond that. IF you manage to make it past the server issues, you start getting progress reset issues. Legit game crashing in act 3, resetting your character all the way back to the act 1 tutorial. Entire stashes disappearing.

These are game-breaking bugs. Actually, I cant really think of worse bugs you can have, lol. You have an Arpg you cant even finish because it will reset your entire story progress. You then also have your hard earned loot just vanishing before your eyes.

And the sad part is, this should have been avoidable with proper Early Access testing. Drop these new acts on EA, test the game for 2 more weeks, and iron some of the worst things out. I can live with little things like bats not being target-able, but I cant live with my entire game progress being reset.

And even after their supposed hotfix, the steam forums are still riddled with people having story progess reset issues, and even connectivity issues; and they havent updated their twitter in 8 hours now. So they just called it a day on release day....are you kidding me?

They should have left this game in Early Access. You can justify these issues for a game in beta/early access. The minute you do a "release," you 100% open yourself up to criticism.

I think I posted about my red flags early on in this thread, and even now its seeming more and more like a cash grab to me. I dont want it to be, but its really reeking of it at this point.
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 14, 2020, 3:35:04 AM
"Overwhelming success". At least it is already cracked. 35 euro will go to PoE next league :)
cant this game be played offline?

I plan to pass it once and wait another 6-12 months for some patches or dlcs simmilar to how seasonal grim dawn is (after i passed the game with 15+ chars)
Spreading salt since 2006
The servers are still not working. This is shameful at this point, fuck that game. Gave a negative review and deleted.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The servers are still not working. This is shameful at this point, fuck that game. Gave a negative review and deleted.

I can play, probably because its 5am on the East Coast. But at this point online is virtually pointless. Chat isn't enabled or anything. Im basically playing offline, but I'm online....lol. I honestly think this game's done boys. Dead in the water week 1. Maybe thats why they held 2 acts and dumped it all at once, and raised the price at the same time. And still, its been 10 hours now and no updates on wolcen twitter about any of the issues still going on.
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 14, 2020, 5:09:40 AM
Just playing offline at the moment, seems like a rushed out beta version that's a month or two away from where it should be right now. It will be a reasonable game once the problems are sorted but not sure how much long term appeal it will have, more like a play through the acts a couple of times on different archetypes and then put it back in the cupboard to gather dust kind of game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info