Wolcen Hype Release!

As of now the game is a bug filled mess,it feels like a beta at best.

It looks nice, but other than some visuals,everything seems rushed and unpolished.

It might turn out to be a good alternative when you are bored of POE, but that is many months away in the future, when they manage to sort out the quality of life stuff that is missing,the bugs,stutters and a many more.

I didn't think they can outbug POE, but they unfortunately did.
Last edited by Nosferat on Feb 14, 2020, 7:19:33 AM
"
For the interested ones a part 1 review by Rhykker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bA3RJGHtAk

This is not a review, this is literally a 19 and half minute long ad.
Launch was tough. Really tough.

If you played early, it's likely you got reset many hours into the game. Stash cleared, back to A1. I mean that's worse than HC deaths.

It's got quite a few bugs, hogs resources, and suffers from a few traditional arpg balance issues. Frost / Freeeze spells are pretty OP, AI minions are fucking brain-dead, stacking health is the play, etc...

I haven't made it to endgame, and for now, I suppose its passable for 30-40 bucks. But dont get it twisted, it's not PoE or D3.

Spoiler
side note, the voice acting, sound effects, art-style, are great. It only gets you so far, but it definitely elevates the game rather than hinder it

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
^Appart from some minor clipping the visuals are well done.

I'm playing offline and mid-way act2 taking my time with it, so far i haven't encountered any bugs or problems so not sure what all the fuss is about.

Never played it before so i got nothing to compare it to either, maybe thats why?

If i had any complaint its that it feels easy, but im sort of casually blaming that on me exploring the area's and story line since its a first play-through and i hope this will be fixed once i get to the endgame and can push up the difficulty.

I still miss my "move only" button and "attack in place" for regular attack, its that awkward stuff were you play a ranged strategic character and he starts running into a pack because the clickbox is tiny on one enemy and your mind goes "no, nope, nope....nope"

Did people seriously expect a flawless release with untested online play and the addition of what i think is roughly two times the content?
I mean fair game, they took long enough to get to this point so i can sort of understand that argument.
But a release by a company that has no experience is always going to have unintented consequences right.
I would expect a company like blizzard to release without hick-ups due to the backlog of experience they can draw from, but maybe im just not new-age enough to expect a similar result from these smaller game providers.

One spoon of expectations shaken and stired with some realism thank you very much?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Judging by Steamcharts, Wolcen sold pretty well. I'm glad.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I've finished all chapters online/solo in normal difficulty a few hours after the release, and i think the droprates for legendaries and uniques need a bit of a buff since i had only one unique during my run.

Monster life needs also to be tuned down a bit on levels starting from 30+ because the exponentially increasing HP of monsters are a bit over the top later.

So what should i say... i like it a lot so far.

Other than that i'm totally into graphics especially if it comes to ARPGs so some say it's not a priority for them if the play ARPG's but for people like me it totally is.
- Best Signature Ever -
"
I've finished all chapters online/solo in normal difficulty a few hours after the release, and i think the droprates for legendaries and uniques need a bit of a buff since i had only one unique during my run.

Monster life needs also to be tuned down a bit on levels starting from 30+ because the exponentially increasing HP of monsters are a bit over the top later.

So what should i say... i like it a lot so far.

Other than that i'm totally into graphics especially if it comes to ARPGs so some say it's not a priority for them if the play ARPG's but for people like me it totally is.

So how long in total to finish a run? 10 hours?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Best game 2020
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Judging by Steamcharts, Wolcen sold pretty well. I'm glad.

Not sure how they are displaying it, but wolcen has been on sale fore years as a kick starter, literally anyone that is interested in ARPG's would have bought it one kick starter (i did) and i would expect those are being counted even though a lot of them may have even forgotten that the game exists.

"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Best game 2020

definitely NOT.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 14, 2020, 2:12:59 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Did people seriously expect a flawless release

Given that the game was supposedly developed by "fans" of PoE you would think they would know the pitfalls and what causes payers to moan to come up with something slightly more polished, their method to combat sync issues is to have you able to click things half a screen away really REALLY feels clunky as fuck and they should be at least familiar with sync issues of they played PoE like was claimed.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info