Wolcen Hype Release!

"
YourFather wrote:

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 13, 2020, 3:13:10 AM
"
"
YourFather wrote:

Am I lying, tho? Put your fanboy aside and tell me honestly, is this the development you like to see? Is this de wae to make a gaem, lying? At least the previous delusional dude came up with something.

I guess I am not worth the time of the all mighty.

Welcome back by the way. Took you like 3 months.
"
YourFather wrote:

Sorry that I am not such an idiot to pre-order a game that has been totally scrapped once (with all the promises to the kickstarters).

Tonight will probably be a buggy mess. Why would I spend my money on something that is probably going to flop, hard? Pirated the beta - it is terrible. You can see I am all up for spending money on a quality game, but this one doesn't even seem like it is going to be good. Hence the pirating on a later stage.

Pre-order culture is giving these devs the option to do whatever they want, including the price raise tonight. To me that says - buy our game while its cheap, get a char or two to 20, have fun for 2+ hours and not be able to refund. On release the online mode will probably not work as intended - 2 hours on loading screens, crashes, bugs, freezes etc.
Obvious cash-grab, sorry.

So I'm an idiot because I supported a game for a few dollars? Yesh, makes me not even want to bother replying because you can't even try to reply to what I even said, all you did was ignore what I said and replied for the sake of replying.

I Backed the game when it was Umbra, and wouldn't take it back today. People said the game was never going to be released yet here it's getting released. Now it's the game won't make it past xyz amount of time, after that whats next? It's about seeing what something can become, not just seeing what it is currently and I can see Wolcen being a great game. No need to compare POE and Wolcen, they can both exist just fine with one another.

It's weird how you again trash talk the game, and make it known its shit but again you already "pirated" the game and will do it again apparently. Again, why are you bothering to play this "shit" game. I guess you're someone that goes to a restaurant and tells the chief your food was complete shit but finished cleaned your plate? It's pretty crap you won't even buy it to support the dev's but instead pirate it, makes you not much better than the "cash grabbing" devs if you ask me.

POE started the same way with being paid beta, paying money to back the game etc, I don't really see whats different other than one game has been out for much longer than the other. Lets not forget one of Poe's worst enemy's "dysnc" Unless you have a crystal ball and can tell me my fortune you have no clue what will happen in a years time with Wolcen so stop pretending like you do.
I am wrong to call people names and I am sorry if I personally offended you.

Another selective response that barely touches on the actual issues with the game. Whatever.

I am against pre-order and lies, that's it. The other things I pointed out are just flaws. Big enough to not buy the game in its current state.
I think that playing ledge for hours upon hours with 8-20 monsters in a pack is boring.
I think that the passive skill tree is extremely dull and boring.
I think that the skills look extremely generic and the system behind them is nothing new or exciting. Same goes for the monsters. Bosses seem like a damage sponge that dashes out way too low damage (ofc that is only based on beta experience). Some of their skills are also repetitive - the incinerate looking one for example.
Itemization is a BIG one. Items don't seem to have useless stats like the ones we have here, in PoE. Everything is useful to a degree.

I really love the visuals and sounds. A+ on both.
I really like that the player can "interact" with the world - destroy pillars, rocks and everything else possible.
I like the idea behind the goldsink in endgame - paying for 3 mods and choosing one. But that will probably get old and tedious in matter of days. Also the endgame activities seem to be a bit too short (dungeons or whatever they are called).
I am not sure if I understood this correctly, but it seems like force shield can only go as high as your life is - that is pretty innovative and fresh. Might even be considered expected or normal from people that haven't wasted their lives in PoE.

No need to keep going on with the morals and integrity of the devs. It is obviously a mute point.

Have a good one with it and I can't wait til next week to see the objective reviews and opinions on the game by non-paid people.
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
As for why the game took so long to develop was because the game was originally called Umbra and they completely scrapped the game and started over.

I was under the impression that they scrapped the name Umbra due to an intellectual property dispute.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
As far as i heard they already scrapped some stuff that was promised to people who kickstarted umbra, so all the people that "bought in" on the umbra kickstarter already got screwed over.

So YourFather's point stands.

And Charan should be familiar with "being promised a game and getting something entirely different five years down the road".

I bought it cause it's likely to provide a good amount of play-time vs money-spent, but that doesn't mean we should suspend logic and reason given their history.
I hope they pull it off and get going but it would be a lie to say they haven't already scammed people.

Critical optimist perhaps? Both sides make fair points, but i think since we are all gamers this is mostly moot and we hope it succeeds in general so more competition appears on the field even if its not your type of game.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
personally I wont get stuck into another ARPG also I'm not into their p2p method for now I want to see how they will monetize their game going forward that will speak huge for me.

poe = 2-3 weeks unless the league is REALLY good.
d3 = 2 days to 1 week depending how I feel.

as I said before, wolcen will be good for people that's hungry for more arpg but don't want to deal with TGGG alpha testing..

poe try hards fans stop being obnoxious for once and accept that poe isnt the all mighty for arpgs.. no king rules forever.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
YourFather wrote:
I am wrong to call people names and I am sorry if I personally offended you.

Another selective response that barely touches on the actual issues with the game. Whatever.

I am against pre-order and lies, that's it. The other things I pointed out are just flaws. Big enough to not buy the game in its current state.
I think that playing ledge for hours upon hours with 8-20 monsters in a pack is boring.
I think that the passive skill tree is extremely dull and boring.
I think that the skills look extremely generic and the system behind them is nothing new or exciting. Same goes for the monsters. Bosses seem like a damage sponge that dashes out way too low damage (ofc that is only based on beta experience). Some of their skills are also repetitive - the incinerate looking one for example.
Itemization is a BIG one. Items don't seem to have useless stats like the ones we have here, in PoE. Everything is useful to a degree.

I really love the visuals and sounds. A+ on both.
I really like that the player can "interact" with the world - destroy pillars, rocks and everything else possible.
I like the idea behind the goldsink in endgame - paying for 3 mods and choosing one. But that will probably get old and tedious in matter of days. Also the endgame activities seem to be a bit too short (dungeons or whatever they are called).
I am not sure if I understood this correctly, but it seems like force shield can only go as high as your life is - that is pretty innovative and fresh. Might even be considered expected or normal from people that haven't wasted their lives in PoE.

No need to keep going on with the morals and integrity of the devs. It is obviously a mute point.

Have a good one with it and I can't wait til next week to see the objective reviews and opinions on the game by non-paid people.

So let's get this straight, you like the one shot mechanics in POE for bosses better than damage sponge and avoiding stuff ?

Also Wolcen had like 1 act and level 20 in beta, you cannot even make a honest opinion about the game...
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
So let's get this straight, you like the one shot mechanics in POE for bosses better than damage sponge and avoiding stuff ?

Also Wolcen had like 1 act and level 20 in beta, you cannot even make a honest opinion about the game...

Yes, I do. Every single boss attack is well telegraphed and the mods are always there for you to see. Give me an example of said attack that is out of nowhere, no telegraph, no nothing. I'll wait.

And if the bosses don't follow the same "logic" later on in Wolcen, well that's another slap in the consumer's faces (which isn't the case because Rhyker has already shown a few different ones and they are all the same - a sponge with no damage and probably the staple incinerate-like ability with different colors).

Last edited by YourFather on Feb 13, 2020, 9:59:23 AM
Well I'm also interested in "non-sponsored reviews", a concept that on its face, is kinda absurd (for the content creator).

I mean this is quite the ethical dilemma imo. Do you owe it your subscribers to be honest and give them truthful opinions, or are you cashing a paycheck from the Devs?

I know a few streamers that often turn down sponsorships because of this very reason. It sucks to only be able to say "good" things because money is being tossed at you.

Anyways at least I will be able to watch people streaming the full game. I hope it goes well (I have my doubts), but competition and choice is a good thing. I wish Wolcen luck, and if it's worth it, they will probably get my money.

Edit: also the price jump is...well idk, it's not a good look.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 13, 2020, 12:41:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info