Wolcen Hype Release!

"
https://steamcommunity.com/app/424370/eventcomments/1740015418084616403

Full Brief release patch notes.

K, done breaking my word re posting. Find me on steam if you're looking. It's not hard. ^_^
Yep! And still managing to turn minor topics into novellas... ;)
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
I cant wait for Wolcen to release thursday.

I have grown very tired of the same POE and this last couple leagues were not good imho, I played each about a week and moved on.

Save my loot hungry self Wolcen :)

Have a fun weekend. See you back here on Monday! ;)

This guy actually convinced me to buy Wolcen...The smell of fear in every post he makes, that Wolcen might actually be great is....exhilarating.

To be honest, I would love to see some competition , between Garbage Blizzard , the totally lack of GGG ideas and respect for the game makes me wanna think that out there there might be a company willing to actually care for a game and not just money and micro tranzactions...

We will see , we will see...30E is not a life.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Feb 12, 2020, 12:45:12 AM
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
I cant wait for Wolcen to release thursday.

I have grown very tired of the same POE and this last couple leagues were not good imho, I played each about a week and moved on.

Save my loot hungry self Wolcen :)

Have a fun weekend. See you back here on Monday! ;)

This guy actually convinced me to buy Wolcen...The smell of fear in every post he makes, that Wolcen might actually be great is....exhilarating.

To be honest, I would love to see some competition , between Garbage Blizzard , the totally lack of GGG ideas and respect for the game makes me wanna think that out there there might be a company willing to actually care for a game and not just money and micro tranzactions...

Lol, you're reading a cheeky jibe as fear? I'm skeptical of Wolcen, not scared of it. As for wanting competition, I myself have made posts questioning that attitude among PoE players i.e. pointing out other ARPG's to show that this game already has competition. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2589019

And on other threads I've readily encouraged people to check out its competitors if they're feeling like a change of pace. Right now I merely find the many threads hyping up Wolcen, and previously Diablo 4, rather amusing. Because both of those games are being hailed like the second coming by these champions despite both having plenty of reasons for people to be skeptical - in Wolcen's case the long years of going nowhere, in D4's case ... well, everything in regards to Blizzard in recent years.

Contrast the proliferation of threads for these games to how people here have previously taken to new releases for Grim Dawn, or the new Torchlight announcement, or last years Warhammer 40k Inquisitor. PoE has ARPG competitors, good ones too, yet only two of them actually turn people on - and it's the two that they have the most history for which to be of them skeptical for. If there wasn't such fanboyism and bandwagoning on display here i.e. if the response to these games was as measured as it was for those other ones, it'd be pretty unremarkable. That it isn't is quite telling, imo.
Well, the first review from Gamestar has it as a buggy mess. But, I mean who woulda guessed, right? Have a title on Early Access for like 6 years, but never release more than 1 act and then dump everything last day. I dont even see the point in Early Access at that point. Seems like a massive waste of resources.

They gave it a 69 out of 100, with -15 for all the game breaking bugs. So, if they can iron those out, it fits in with most other Arpgs at 84. But still, I dont have much faith in them ironing them all out, or if Gamestar even encountered them all to begin with.

I bought it anyways, and I expected as much with them dumping everything last minute, but I just feel like this was a waste of an opportunity. EA provides testers that pay you to test their game; dont see why you would just take advantage of the money, and not of the testing.

I really dont even see the point in hiding the content anyways; it sounds like its supposed to have 5 acts, and the story just abruptly ends ala Act 2 PoE back in the day. So what exactly are you hiding by not having it on EA and getting some feedback and testing in?

I hope they fix the bugs and get the game on track, but I'm thinking tommorrow isnt gonna be the sunshine and rainbow fun-fest I was hoping for.

And I see people flaming and blaming Gamestar for their review; Wolcen is the one who sent them the buggy game to test in the first place. They are also the company that didnt put the entire thing on EA to get tested and ironed out, too. They could have easily avoided some issues they are going to have tommorow by testing the acts on EA before they dumped it all at once. Bad reviews or bad publicity is no ones fault but their own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbvixqq9OwQ

Sorry but this looks way too boring. Honestly Charan what do you see in this? All this hype ....

RPG of the Year will be between Cyberpunk 2077 and Vampire The Masquerade 2.

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Feb 12, 2020, 7:22:40 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbvixqq9OwQ

Sorry but this looks way too boring. Honestly Charan what do you see in this? All this hype ....

RPG of the Year will be between Cyberpunk 2077 and Vampire The Masquerade 2.

It looks like dungeon siege with a passive tree and some add ons to me.

Which mind you isn't a bad thing, DS when it came out originally was quite solid for its time.

And it being boring, your looking at the lower levels, from some of the reviews i have seen it does end up being challenging.
But not in a PoE flood your screen with mobs and effects kind of way which i also dont find bad as a change of pace.

If anything i am skeptical about bugs and glitches, not so much about the design style/philosophy i think they got that part down for the most part.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Read the Gamestar review, will wait a couple more months before I dive in. I bought the game like 2 years ago and had quite a bit of fun with it, but I want to wait for a complete experience now.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Just watched the Wolcen release trailer and PoE has nothing to worry about. Wolcen looks laughably cliched and corny, aesthetically crap.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
Wolcen will probably be entertainment for a couple hundred hours at most.

I dont really dont see the sustainability here, but who knows, maybe it will sell well and allow for some decent post-development.

There is nothing wrong with people being optimistic, but that doesnt really translate into anything besides giving the Devs some latitude.

Spoiler
also I'm back! That was a helluva forum vacation GGG sent me on lol

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Wolcen only looks and sounds good.

The itemization is terrible - there are no "filler" or "trash" stats, however you want to call them.

Zones are literally all ledge, with a few sprinkled the ridge.

Passive tree is extremely dull and "boring". I guess PoE spoiled me on that front.

It is still full of bugs, a memory leak here and there, random crashes. All that jazz.

End-game doesn't look promising. At all.

Their development has been a bit shady and most of their decisions seem to be irrational.

Will probably just pirate it in a month or two. Not even worth a $15 price tag in my opinion.

New D3 season is more enticing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info