[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

"
Considering this for league start as well, however, my concerns are similiar to the previous poster. The boss dps looks great but clear just seems so slow even at the endgame level that you showcase in the videos.

Is there any way to balance this out? I don't particularly mind losing a little boss dps if it means clear is much easier (and it will likely save time overall since we map faster)

Hey!

It may look worst than it is. In reality, you don't think about dying or aiming. You just use brand recalls and pick loot, so it feels nice.

Of course, you can always trade some survivability for more area damage and can use some chain + herald of ice combo to speed up things, but goes a bit against the build overall theme. You can also replace boots and go elusive + tailwind mods, stuff like that if you really just want to clear faster.

Anyway, keep in mind that most videos are made in t16 75+ to really show how relaxed you can clear in high hp and with mods, also everything is Awakener 8.

You will instantly kill things in t14 or less for example.

I know a lot of people are looking for guides so here is a warning:

It's important you take good luck on chimera map full clear, it takes 2:30 minutes to clear the map, some super-fast, HH or endgame fast build can do it in less than 2:00. You will always have trade-offs without a mirror gear, so, this build has a shit ton of survivability but its not the fastest. So maybe this build might not be for you.

Good luck to all

Last edited by MetalCrawler on Mar 12, 2020, 7:57:07 AM
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
sikazo wrote:
Hi, im trying your build on standard looking for use it as league starter, but im lacking clear speed on league events like legion or blight.

Im thinking about using OoS or Storm Burst.. but I dont know which is better and why im lacking that dmg since I dont struggle with the maps or the bosses, just the league events

Hey!

I saw your character. You should be using dual wands till you get your life build items.

Try getting a better wand base, like opal or prophecy, since crystal kinda sucks for us.

If you struggle to buy or find better wands you can use this:

if you really wanna keep the shield you should use this:

Yeah, I do know that my setup is not tbe best but that was not I mean, sorry because my english is not the best, I will try again.

Im not complaining about the clear speed in maps, I mean, I get my 5 brands, flame dash, brand recall and the entire pack of mobs dies very fast (tier 4 map, with that shitty gear I think is ok) BUT when it comes to legion or blight for example, even the blue mobs are so rought that im not able to complete the event, and when it comes to the map boss, it dies within 2-5 seconds so easy..

So what Im asking is why? Like blight, legion packs are that strong? Like 2-3 tiers above of the map?

Thanks for the answer tho, nice guide buddy, also you could add http://poelevellingplanner.com/guide.php?id=5772144710164326457859732&v=1.1.1# on the leveling section instead of the guide it is, at least for me its easier to follow.
Few thoughts on stuff that may be worth testing out:

- Using the new second wind support with brand recall for the cooldown speed?

- Also maybe the new archmage support with storm brand for the increased flat lightning damage?
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
Considering this for league start as well, however, my concerns are similiar to the previous poster. The boss dps looks great but clear just seems so slow even at the endgame level that you showcase in the videos.

Is there any way to balance this out? I don't particularly mind losing a little boss dps if it means clear is much easier (and it will likely save time overall since we map faster)

Hey!

It may look worst than it is. In reality, you don't think about dying or aiming. You just use brand recalls and pick loot, so it feels nice.

Of course, you can always trade some survivability for more area damage and can use some chain + herald of ice combo to speed up things, but goes a bit against the build overall theme. You can also replace boots and go elusive + tailwind mods, stuff like that if you really just want to clear faster.

Anyway, keep in mind that most videos are made in t16 75+ to really show how relaxed you can clear in high hp and with mods, also everything is Awakener 8.

It's important you take good luck on chimera map full clear, it takes 2:30 minutes to clear the map, some super-fast, HH or endgame fast build can do it in less than 2:00. You will always have trade-offs without a mirror gear, so, this build has a shit ton of survivability but its not the fastest. So maybe this build might not be for you.

Good luck to all

I don't see it happening.. My current gear is far from bad.. and I'm definitely not insta killing bosses in t13+. I've spent a fair amount of currency on gathering my gear. Unless you mean, investing 70 ex more. Of course this is on standard (I already had some of the gear from metamorph). I never even came close to my current dps in metamorph.

I'm glad I can scrape together 12-15 ex in a league. Definitely not possible to get endgame damage that way. the weapon alone is that amount.

Also I do think about dying.. 6500 ES, res capped... chaos at zero.. and even though I can take a hit. Still have to be very, very careful :)
Last edited by Zweetsok on Mar 12, 2020, 12:15:47 PM
How is this different from thi3n storm brand guide?
I kinda don't know which one to pick :D

It's quite interesting that most people play assassin on poe.ninja
Did someone level this as hybrid -> CI -> LL before? if so how was your experience?
"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"

Hey!

Good luck to all

I don't see it happening.. My current gear is far from bad.. and I'm definitely not insta killing bosses in t13+. I've spent a fair amount of currency on gathering my gear. Unless you mean, investing 70 ex more. Of course this is on standard (I already had some of the gear from metamorph). I never even came close to my current dps in metamorph.

I'm glad I can scrape together 12-15 ex in a league. Definitely not possible to get endgame damage that way. the weapon alone is that amount.

Also I do think about dying.. 6500 ES, res capped... chaos at zero.. and even though I can take a hit. Still have to be very, very careful :)

Hey sup.

6,5k es is barely minimum to play ES

Also you are not playing with fortify + shield charge which is big improvement for the defense.

For dps you definetly need frenzy charge generation, also I wouldn't translate to ES without a better wand.

If you want something budget you should definitely keep it as a life build.

Unfortunately you always need fine adjustments when getting close to high tier red maps. Your dps is a bit low for endgame red maps, but you are almost there, since you have 350k.

I found that 500k is where it feels fine for t13+

here is me playing t14 (iqq 75%+) at level 72 with Life Build (cerberus + lioneye's remorse):

This build already has 488k dps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdqmoubvaQ8&t=45s

There's a reason why ES is an endgame build. Maybe I should make it more clear for people trying this out.

Anyway, good luck on the league start!
"
How is this different from thi3n storm brand guide?
I kinda don't know which one to pick :D

It's quite interesting that most people play assassin on poe.ninja

Hey!

So, I'm not really sure about thi3n cause there's some time since I read it. The biggest difference is probably that I have some endgame gears while he focuses more on beginner-friendly stuff.

About assassin, that's normal cause assassin has the "speed" nodes so after half league, people get HH and play assassins just to melt content.

Since pob ninja only shows a limited number of characters based on level, assassin tends to prevail.
Last edited by MetalCrawler on Mar 12, 2020, 2:28:52 PM
"

Hey sup.

Also you are not playing with fortify + shield charge which is big improvement for the defense.

For dps you definetly need frenzy charge generation, also I wouldn't translate to ES without a better wand.

Unfortunately you always need fine adjustments when getting close to high tier red maps. Your dps is a bit low for endgame red maps, but you are almost there, since you have 350k.

here is me playing t14 (iqq 75%+) at level 72 with Life Build (cerberus + lioneye's remorse):

There's a reason why ES is an endgame build. Maybe I should make it more clear for people trying this out.

budget?? seriously... the wand, chest, and some of the other gear alone is 15+ ex.

currently pob states I'm around 500K dps.

Any better wand is a 3 crafted mod wand for 30 ex+ on standard (which will never happen).. Last league they were around 12+ ex I recon (like my endgame maul crafted for my necro).

Yeah I didn't put back shield charge since I switched from dual wands.

6500 is already with 2 EX worth of ES on every part of my gear.. Again, not seeing how I will get a lot more.

Upped chaos res to 28% which seems to help.. clearing is fast and fine... It's the virtually one-shotting bosses which isn't happening.

I was doing realatively well at t13 even at 250K dps tbh.

So I guess my point is.. It is very easy to say. Oh it will easily do 7 mil dps, it will easily get you 9K ES which just isn't true without endgame EX investment. Even in leagues I'm probably talking 30+ ex investments.

Still love the guide and still plan to do probably do something with stormbrand next league, not sure it will be a starter though.

Anyway, I appreciate the advice..

Btw, I'm getting power/frenzy from the tree (briefly specced out of Overcharged to try something else.. Endurance I have the red nightmare for. Which I know ofc is not good for most bosses as you first need to kill stuff to get charges.

Last edited by Zweetsok on Mar 12, 2020, 2:52:59 PM
"
Zweetsok wrote:
"

Hey sup.

budget?? seriously... the wand, chest, and some of the other gear alone is 15+ ex.

currently pob states I'm around 500K dps.

Any better wand is a 3 crafted mod wand for 30 ex+ on standard (which will never happen).. Last league they were around 12+ ex I recon (like my endgame maul crafted for my necro).

Yeah I didn't put back shield charge since I switched from dual wands.

6500 is already with 2 EX worth of ES on every part of my gear.. Again, not seeing how I will get a lot more.

Upped chaos res to 28% which seems to help.. clearing is fast and fine... It's the virtually one-shotting bosses which isn't happening.

I was doing realatively well at t13 even at 250K dps tbh.

So I guess my point is.. It is very easy to say. Oh it will easily do 7 mil dps, it will easily get you 9K ES which just isn't true without endgame EX investment. Even in leagues I'm probably talking 30+ ex investments.

Still love the guide and still plan to do probably do something with stormbrand next league, not sure it will be a starter though.

Anyway, I appreciate the advice..

Btw, I'm getting power/frenzy from the tree (briefly specced out of Overcharged to try something else.. Endurance I have the red nightmare for. Which I know ofc is not good for most bosses as you first need to kill stuff to get charges.

Yea Life Build is pretty much budget.

Wand + Shield combo is the only core and both were around 5c?!

Chest super cheap. I bought one for 20c-30c? and six-linked it.

Boots are the only annoying gear 100c avg. at the beginning of the league. But you can always run a bleeding immunity flask.
https://poe-antiquary.xyz/Metamorph/Armour/Death%27s%20Door/392

Amulet is powerful but you can always get one as powerful as mine at the beginning of the league for a cheap price.

I'm not using jewels, watcher's eye, besides red nightmare. So there's a lot of room for improvement.

I recommend you using https://poe-antiquary.xyz/ to really feel the prices.

Anyway, my point was if you are leveling organically, which is important for everyone reading this conversation, you should always check if you have a wand worth making the transition. I got some strong wands at the beginning of the league almost for free. I am pretty sure you can get something way better than yours for 1-2ex, if you keep looking as you farm with Cerberus + lioneyes.

So, is hard to compare to standard cause when the league starts the market heats up and a lot of good stuff appears for trade and ppl have to lower their prices.
I bought some multimoded wands like mine for 3-4ex at some point, cause ppl usually just want to sell it.
In Standard people have mirrors and mirrors so they usually don't bother selling cheap stuff.

Anyway, good luck with whatever build you choose!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info