[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

"
Shargiw wrote:
New Cluster Jewels brands notables
Spoiler

Chip Away
25% increased Brand Activation Frequency if you haven't used a Brand Skill Recently
20% increased Brand Attachment range

Seeker Runes
25% increased Damage with Brand Skills
Unattached Brands gain 20% increased Brand Attachment Range per second

Remarkable
You can Cast an additional Brand
12% increased Cast Speed with Brand Skills

Brand Loyalty
Enemies take 5% increased Damage for each of your Brands Attached to them

Holy Conquest
5% increased Movement Speed
20% increased Damage with Brand Skills
10% increased Brand Activation frequency

Grand Design
Brand Skills have 20% increased Duration

Sounds Cool!

I definitely wanna test:

Nature's Patience

Gain 2 Grasping Vines each second while stationary
2% chance to deal Double Damage per Grasping Vine
1% less Damage taken per Grasping Vine

(Up to 10 Vines can grasp you, inflicting 8% less Movement Speed per Vine. Broken by moving)

To win, all you must do is outlast.
and
Veteran's Awareness

+10% to all Elemental Resistances and maximum Elemental Resistances while affected by a Non-Vaal Guard Skill
20% more Damage taken if a Non-Vaal Guard Buff was lost Recently
20% additional Physical Damage Reduction while affected by a Non-Vaal Guard Skill

(Maximum Resistances cannot be raised above 90%)
(Recently refers to the past 4 seconds)

Know when you'll be hit, and you'll barely feel it.

The first one should be super strong to burst down endgame bosses and second should be nice for mapping since we play with immortal call and endurance charges.
Last edited by MetalCrawler on Mar 10, 2020, 7:23:41 AM
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
Shargiw wrote:
Spoiler

Chip Away
25% increased Brand Activation Frequency if you haven't used a Brand Skill Recently

Seeker Runes

Remarkable

Brand Loyalty

Holy Conquest

Grand Design

Sounds Cool!

I definitely wanna test:

Nature's Patience

(Up to 10 Vines can grasp you, inflicting 8% less Movement Speed per Vine. Broken by moving)

and
Veteran's Awareness

+10% to all Elemental Resistances and maximum Elemental Resistances while affected by a Non-Vaal Guard Skill
20% additional Physical Damage Reduction while affected by a Non-Vaal Guard Skill

The first one should be super strong to burst down endgame bosses and second should be nice for mapping since we play with immortal call and endurance charges.

I'm pretty sure Veteran's awarness is very dangerous if not used with vaal molten shell. With Vaal MS, you can controll when to pop the extra boost, such as when finishing dangerous ennemies, allowing for a combat-free cooldown recovery of the 20% more damage taken. Or one needs high cooldown reduction to not get one shotted on IC cooldown.

I have noted like 20 notables that may be really good for the build. One that is quite interesting mechanicaly is:

Cold Conduction
Enemies Chilled by your Hits are Shocked
Enemies Shocked by your Hits are Chilled

Let me explain. I've been playing a lot with your PoBs (both life and LL) the last days, trying to save points on the tree for the new cluster jewels and trying to sort out the best cold/lightning damage mechanic combination. I did not mean to come here and say what can be improved, because as you say it well, your PoB are good basis and one is free to tune stuff around. But I'll just expand a bit on why I like this "Cold conduction" notable.

I like that you want to avoid elemental focus to shock with stormbrand, and I like that you want both chill/freeze for defenses and hypothermia as a good dps support (the replacement for elemntal focus).
Splitting the dps in half cold/half lightning will result in lower shocks and lower chill/freeze. One need about 70K cold/lightning hit to get a 5% chill/shock on Sirus (Just reaching the ailment treshold), which isn't so easy to achieve early to mid game with a 55%/45% lightning/Cold split. Not chilling would result in fighting with a 5-link as hypothermia isn't triggered. Also spreading between the two elements on aura and herald force a small compromise on dps, even with double dipping on extra as chaos damage mods. But that's an ok price for the benefit.

Now with this notable, one can go full lightning on auras and herald, forget the cold conversion, and still benefit from chill/Hypothermia and therefore freeze. I have yet to play PoB to confirm that I've not made mistakes in my previous test, before the notable announcment, but going full lightning gave your PoB 15-20% more dps ( didn't mean to play full ightning, I just wanted to value the compromise). These numbers are a bit overtuned since I did replace blood and sand by Aspect of spider since I have blind on hit on a utility spell (which will reach distant targets unlike blood and sand) and the movement speed slow still provide significant defense.

Then you add SnowStorm for an additional 10% more dps.

I'm quite of a talker, sorry :/ I hope you don't mind. I just always get excited when I get invested in a cool build.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Mar 10, 2020, 5:21:44 PM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
Shargiw wrote:
Spoiler

Chip Away

Seeker Runes

Remarkable

Brand Loyalty

Holy Conquest

Grand Design

Sounds Cool!

I definitely wanna test:

Nature's Patience

and
Veteran's Awareness

I'm pretty sure Veteran's awarness is very dangerous if not used with vaal molten shell. With Vaal MS, you can controll when to pop the extra boost, such as when finishing dangerous ennemies, allowing for a combat-free cooldown recovery of the 20% more damage taken. Or one needs high cooldown reduction to not get one shotted on IC cooldown.

I have noted like 20 notables that may be really good for the build. One that is quite interesting mechanicaly is:

Cold Conduction
Enemies Chilled by your Hits are Shocked
Enemies Shocked by your Hits are Chilled

Let me explain. I've been playing a lot with your PoBs (both life and LL) the last days, trying to save points on the tree for the new cluster jewels and trying to sort out the best cold/lightning damage mechanic combination. I did not mean to come here and say what can be improved, because as you say it well, your PoB are good basis and one is free to tune stuff around. But I'll just expand a bit on why I like this "Cold conduction" notable.

I like that you want to avoid elemental focus to shock with stormbrand, and I like that you want both chill/freeze for defenses and hypothermia as a good dps support (the replacement for elemntal focus).
Splitting the dps in half cold/half lightning will result in lower shocks and lower chill/freeze. One need about 70K cold/shock hit to get a 5% chill/shock on Sirus (Just reaching the ailment treshold), which isn't so easy to achieve early to mid game with a 55%/45% lightning/Cold split. Not chilling would result in fighting with a 5-link as hypothermia isn't triggered. Also spreading between the two elements on aura and herald force a small compromise on dps, even with double dipping on extra as chaos damage mods. But that's an ok price for the benefit.

Now with this notable, one can go full lightning on auras and herald, forget the cold conversion, and still benefit from chill/Hypothermia and therefore freeze. I have yet to play PoB to confirm that I've not made mistakes in my previous test, before the notable announcment, but going full lightning gave your PoB 15-20% more dps ( didn't mean to play full ightning, I just wanted to value the compromise). These numbers are a bit overtuned since I did replace blood and sand by Aspect of spider since I have blind on hit on a utility spell (which will reach distant targets unlike blood and sand) and the movement speed slow still provide significant defense.

Then you add SnowStorm for an additional 10% more dps.

I'm quite of a talker, sorry :/ I hope you don't mind. I just always get excited when I get invested in a cool build.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I can see a lot of variations with the new jewel system, I will definitely test some variations. Right now is kinda hard to say tho.

Good luck with league start!!
Last edited by MetalCrawler on Mar 10, 2020, 4:25:16 PM
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Kudos! Nicely written guide... Even though in metamorph I more or less gave up on a stormbrand build (since it was build around trickster/assisin, was something else before), I'll still intend to give it a go in next league.

I'll definitely bookmark this thread !!!

Thanks bro and Good luck next league.

I've played Assassin variation. I actually use Storm Brand for single target in the Bomber build that I was using to clear t16 in seconds.

Assassin is a better mapper and Trickster a better Bosser.

Inquisitor is in the middle os he is perfect for people who don't wanna have many chars to do different stuff and also doesn't require too much currency like Eternity Shroud Storm Brand Trickster.

Thanks for your this guide! I'm leaning pretty heavily towards starting with stormbrand for Delirium but contemplating Inquisitor/Templar start or Assassin/Shadow start.

Do you have any input on how much harder/more investment needed to get Assassin storm brand going vs Inquisitor as a league starter?

I want to play/start as Shadow since I feel like the ceiling/endgame is higher/more variations as Assassin/trickster vs Inquisitor with more investment and avoid the trouble of leveling another character. However, Inquisitor's floor seems higher with how the Ascendancy gives better innate damage and toughness, making it seem like the better choice for a starter build...

"
CoffeeMilkTea wrote:
"
MetalCrawler wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Kudos! Nicely written guide... Even though in metamorph I more or less gave up on a stormbrand build (since it was build around trickster/assisin, was something else before), I'll still intend to give it a go in next league.

I'll definitely bookmark this thread !!!

Thanks bro and Good luck next league.

I've played Assassin variation. I actually use Storm Brand for single target in the Bomber build that I was using to clear t16 in seconds.

Assassin is a better mapper and Trickster a better Bosser.

Inquisitor is in the middle os he is perfect for people who don't wanna have many chars to do different stuff and also doesn't require too much currency like Eternity Shroud Storm Brand Trickster.

Thanks for your this guide! I'm leaning pretty heavily towards starting with stormbrand for Delirium but contemplating Inquisitor/Templar start or Assassin/Shadow start.

Do you have any input on how much harder/more investment needed to get Assassin storm brand going vs Inquisitor as a league starter?

I want to play/start as Shadow since I feel like the ceiling/endgame is higher/more variations as Assassin/trickster vs Inquisitor with more investment and avoid the trouble of leveling another character. However, Inquisitor's floor seems higher with how the Ascendancy gives better innate damage and toughness, making it seem like the better choice for a starter build...

Yea I also think Templar is a better start. The transition to endgame is just too easy compared to others.

Like I said in other reply,

Trickster is a better bosskiller but requires a lot of investment (eternity shroud)

Assassin is faster for mapping but also requires a lot of investment to enough damage and not die while doing endgame content t16 and bosses.

Thoughts on lightning spire trap? Would you run it?
Hi, im trying your build on standard looking for use it as league starter, but im lacking clear speed on league events like legion or blight.

Im thinking about using OoS or Storm Burst.. but I dont know which is better and why im lacking that dmg since I dont struggle with the maps or the bosses, just the league events
Considering this for league start as well, however, my concerns are similiar to the previous poster. The boss dps looks great but clear just seems so slow even at the endgame level that you showcase in the videos.

Is there any way to balance this out? I don't particularly mind losing a little boss dps if it means clear is much easier (and it will likely save time overall since we map faster)
"
SgArxen wrote:
Thoughts on lightning spire trap? Would you run it?

You can test it, I know some ppl use it to make bossing easier at leveling. I never used it tho, if I feel I'm lacking damage for bosses I always make some changes to my weapons.

Good luck on league start!
"
sikazo wrote:
Hi, im trying your build on standard looking for use it as league starter, but im lacking clear speed on league events like legion or blight.

Im thinking about using OoS or Storm Burst.. but I dont know which is better and why im lacking that dmg since I dont struggle with the maps or the bosses, just the league events

Hey!

I saw your character. You should be using dual wands till you get your life build items.

Try getting a better wand base, like opal or prophecy, since crystal kinda sucks for us.

If you struggle to buy or find better wands you can use this:

if you really wanna keep the shield you should use this:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info