Being killed by something you cannot see is not challenging.

"
Nomancs wrote:
At some point it is no longer a matter of "believe or not believe", I base of knowledge - and I know that all things can be identified and there are no invisible things that kill you. There are only people who miss things. "WTF just killed me?" is from lack of knowledge.

Got it. Fuck us for thinking that deadly effects should be more visible.

And the sheer prominence of "WTF just killed me?" is due to the game's unfortunate tendency to attract players (including veterans) who don't share your (ordinary!) knowledge base.

Please forgive us for not having as much knowledge as you. Surely if we did, we would not have difficulty seeing black-on-black effects, or off-screen effects, or any other effects people complain about. We would be able to see them all due to having the same superior knowledge you possess.

We will all try harder to be as good as you at seeing these things, and it will fix our (illusory, of course) problems.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Next time stop whining when someone is trying to help you. You have weak char, you can blame it on GGG or you can be a man and fix it.

I have not asked for help. I provided subjective experience relevant to the topic of visual clutter or troublesome mechanics that are being discussed in this topic. You have provided unsolicited "help" by providing generic statements and acting like you know all about the game...

Noone ask for help, it is a lot easier to blame the system/fate/karma/you name it. I'm trying to help you, because clearly you don't have much experience (hard to accept, I know, but it is visible in your characters builds/equipment/challenges). A little bit of humility.

"
Baron01 wrote:
I'm very well aware of the general information you are so kindly sharing with me. Again, they are not exactly relevant for me as I play a given build, with set of skills and gear dictated by available currency. I also want to remind you I'm a ranged character so trying to build all those layers of defense for me would go overboard.

What you clearly say is that you DON'T want to improve, change gear for anything better. So you want to be bad? Are you this stubborn? So why do you bother if you die due to something that you don't understand and don't want to get any better?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I am sure all effects are visible

Then you are wrong.

There are many kind of Mtx masking other things, there are many kind of skills masking other things, there are many kind of minions and their effects masking other things, there are many kind of computer and different hardware setup making effects look different, many different settings in PoE ( and on top of everything else many bugs every single league, that includes invisible effects too ).

There are many streamers (I am referring to the good ones, the good players, usually playing in HC) who have lost characters to invisible or barely visible shit happening, this is no secret, this is well-known, and trying to contest the fact that it does fucking happen is [removed by me], really.

PS : in the link, the modifiers were not double, he got offscreened by a mob which effect was clearly NOT visible, and it killed him at #2 of the ladder.
Spoiler
Yes, it is a cavestalker that offscreened him, with this screaming ability, which was literally not visible, which isn't a bug, it's simply the way they made the ability, in this particular situation, that makes it literally invisible.

There is absolutely NOTHING that can justify that crap game-design wise.

PPS :
"
Nomancs wrote:
t some point it is no longer a matter of "believe or not believe", I base of knowledge - and I know that all things can be identified and there are no invisible things that kill you. There are only people who miss things. "WTF just killed me?" is from lack of knowledge.

I thought I would quote that here so that it stays ...

Nobody needs to "believe" anything here, there is one example in the link I provided.
And there are many others.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Got it. Fuck us for thinking that deadly effects should be more visible.

They are visible. GGG could make them less rainbow-ish sparkling barbie style, but that is not invisible thing that kill you (because they don't exist).

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Please forgive us for not having as much knowledge as you. Surely if we did, we would not have difficulty seeing black-on-black effects, or off-screen effects, or any other effects people complain about. We would be able to see them all due to having the same superior knowledge you possess.

We will all try harder to be as good as you at seeing these things, and it will fix our (illusory, of course) problems.

Yes, actually that would help you a lot. You never touched endgame in PoE, I checked your profile, so despise your mockery, I have far superior game knowledge than you. Stop being arrogant and try to improve yourself.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
I have far superior game knowledge than you.

suddenly

"
Nomancs wrote:
Stop being arrogant.

lmfao what a hypocrite.

seriously though, the only argument you are making in here is "you are bad, you havent been to end game, its just not true" which honestly, is a shit argument. it doesnt hold up at all especially when you look at replies from Fruz and others which you seem to magically ignore.
Just because GGG doesn't do anything about scammers, doesn't mean they support scammers.

Complacency is not the same as endorsement.
Last edited by jacemm7283 on Feb 5, 2020, 10:48:57 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
You never touched endgame in PoE, I checked your profile, so despise your mockery, I have far superior game knowledge than you. Stop being arrogant and try to improve yourself.

Thanks for the advice, Nomancs. I will do my best to meet the non-arrogance standard you so clearly demonstrate yourself.

Also, forgive me for not having the superior game knowledge you have. It clearly disqualifies me from having any sort of opinion on the visibility of in-game effects in PoE.

In fact, no one should ever post any opinion on in-game effect visibility until they have demonstrated a degree of game mastery that you personally have vetted.

Otherwise their opinion is shit. Right? Yes, of course it is right. You have "superior game knowledge," after all.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I am sure all effects are visible

Then you are wrong.

There are many kind of Mtx masking other things, there are many kind of skills masking other things, there are many kind of minions and their effects masking other things, there are many kind of computer and different hardware setup making effects look different, many different settings in PoE ( and on top of everything else many bugs every single league, that includes invisible effects too ).

There are many streamers (I am referring to the good ones, the good players, usually playing in HC) who have lost characters to invisible or barely visible shit happening, this is no secret, this is well-known, and trying to contest the fact that it does fucking happen is [removed by me], really.

PS : in the link, the modifiers were not double, he got offscreened by a mob which effect was clearly NOT visible, and it killed him at #2 of the ladder.
Spoiler
Yes, it is a cavestalker that offscreened him, with this screaming ability, which was literally not visible, which isn't a bug, it's simply the way they made the ability, in this particular situation, that makes it literally invisible.

There is absolutely NOTHING that can justify that crap game-design wise.

PPS :
"
Nomancs wrote:
t some point it is no longer a matter of "believe or not believe", I base of knowledge - and I know that all things can be identified and there are no invisible things that kill you. There are only people who miss things. "WTF just killed me?" is from lack of knowledge.

I thought I would quote that here so that it stays ...

Nobody needs to "believe" anything here, there is one example in the link I provided.
And there are many others.

I'm not talking about MTX because it is in some cases ruining visibility (by yourself for yourself on your own wish).

I delved a lot, never had any invisible thing there. RaizQT reacted with spell casted in that direction, so he knew what was going on (maybe you missed it). Probably a graphic bug or graphic settings, and I covered it before already.

"
Nomancs wrote:

But if you're sure that you died due to some invisible thing, you should check your graphic settings and report it as a bug.

"
jacemm7283 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

suddenly

"
Nomancs wrote:
Stop being arrogant.

lmfao what a hypocrite.

seriously though, the only argument you are making in here is "you are bad, you havent been to end game, its just not true" which honestly, is a shit argument. it doesnt hold up at all especially when you look at replies from Fruz and others which you seem to magically ignore.

The difference is that I have the experience/game knowledge ;)

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Also, forgive me for not having the superior game knowledge you have. It clearly disqualifies me from having any sort of opinion on the visibility of in-game effects in PoE.

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
See thread title.

very constructive opinion

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
See thread title.

very constructive opinion

don't waste your time here lol
death penalty and most of one shot mechanics(very few were bugged and got fixed etc) are working fine. punishing those who lack the knowledge.
"
Nomancs wrote:
I'm not talking about MTX because it is in some cases ruining visibility (by yourself for yourself on your own wish).

Nonsense.

GGG releases Mtx for their game, those are tailored made for PoE obviously, there is absolutely no excuse for those effects to overlap and hide other effects, reducing visibility and significantly parcitipating to screen clutter.

This is a design failure, nothing else, and is definitely part of the OP's complaint.

"
Nomancs wrote:

I delved a lot, never had any invisible thing there. RaizQT reacted with spell casted in that direction, so he knew what was going on (maybe you missed it). Probably a graphic bug or graphic settings, and I covered it before already.

Holy cow man, so much bad faith is so toxic ....

You literally have absolutely no clue about this case, NONE :
- He thought that it was coming from the spiders, which is why he did not log out (he had time to do so, even if barely any error margin). This is something that he explained on stream.
- the effect was literally invisible

Do you know what "invisible" means ?
Do you know what "literally" means ?

"
jacemm7283 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

suddenly

"
Nomancs wrote:
Stop being arrogant.

lmfao what a hypocrite.

pretty much this.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 5, 2020, 11:23:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info