Being killed by something you cannot see is not challenging.

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Chadwick93 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

You called me a pathetic liar for using a scare quotes to signal irony, because you was thinking I am quoting someone - that is a direct attack (a false one). You didn't even bother to read the wiki, did you?

no i called u a pathetic liar for misquoting someone.

ur quotes were not ironic. they were a dishonest representation. there is a differnce.

go read that wiki yourself.

"
Wikipedia:
Scare quotes (also called shudder quotes,[1][2] sneer quotes,[3] and quibble marks) are quotation marks that a writer places around a word or phrase to signal that they are using it in a non-standard, ironic, or otherwise special sense.

Nice troll.

Am I a troll?

"
oh man i got killed by this "stupid game!"

thats EXACTLY how u represented others.

its obvious. and dishonorable, because that's NOT how they said things. you said it that way to make them look bad.

that makes you dishonest.
"
Chadwick93 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

"
Wikipedia:
Scare quotes (also called shudder quotes,[1][2] sneer quotes,[3] and quibble marks) are quotation marks that a writer places around a word or phrase to signal that they are using it in a non-standard, ironic, or otherwise special sense.

Nice troll.

Am I a troll?

"

its obvious. and dishonorable, because that's NOT how they said things. you said it that way to make them look bad.

BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT A QUOTES - they are quotation marks writer places around a word or phrase to signal that they are using it in a non-standard, ironic sense.

Go ahead and lie more, maybe it will help you feel better.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Feb 14, 2020, 1:14:08 PM
"
Chadwick93 wrote:

Am I a troll?

"

Simplistic perhaps, but 100% accurate.

Do let him bluster. Some people need that outlet.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Chadwick93 wrote:

Am I a troll?

"

Blame it on me, go ahead, if you need a scapegoat for your "invisible things" that kill you.
And learn more about quotation marks, it may help you in your next discussion ;)

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Blame it on me, go ahead, if you need a scapegoat for your "invisible things" that kill you.
And learn more about quotation marks, it may help you in your next discussion ;)

There are plenty of examples of invisible metamorph things killing people. People just overkill to avoid those invisible bugs. Take that from someone with more 40/40s than you.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

There are plenty of examples of invisible metamorph things killing people. People just overkill to avoid those invisible bugs. Take that from someone with more 40/40s than you.

did few t19 metamorph and it starts to show , things tinier than fireball or thin dirt will hit to a point of death. hte longer it takes to kill, the harder. so you are defitely right about overkill to avoid death.

metamorph , letting players to choose to upgrade the monster was a bad idea i guess. it creates something uttery ridiculous. but hey!, maybe that was the whole point of the league, make something ridiculous.

if metamorph was like, replacing exsiting boss so players had to kill to complete the map. this kind of balancing is problematic but i think (by seeing t19 and how uttery ridiculous it is) it really meant to be something out of conrol for lols

Last edited by Dudebag on Feb 15, 2020, 1:38:29 PM
"
Jerle wrote:

Nice, congratulations on so many 40/40.
Can you give some examples? I've heard that metamorphs can deal faster damage than do animations if you build them this way (insane stacking attack speed - but thats not invisible and is done by player choice). I never had this situation, even on t19.

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

Nice, congratulations on so many 40/40.
Can you give some examples? I've heard that metamorphs can deal faster damage than do animations if you build them this way (insane stacking attack speed - but thats not invisible and is done by player choice). I never had this situation, even on t19.

Please explain to me how the Goratha RIP that I replied to you with is anything but ridiculous.

If Path of Exile is going to be killing players as fast as it currently does(especially weaker builds and on juicier maps) it should in no uncertain terms be absolutely 100% clear about as many things as it possibly can be. Attacks/spells that do cold should be blue, fire red, etc. corpse explosion(one of if not the most dangerous things in PoE) telegraphs should be incredibly clear, and should definitely not be hidden under loot. GGG has been getting the same complaints about leagues with a lack of contrast for literally years now, and metamorph is black/dark green on black so you can't see shit like the leagues before it.

Path of Exile is not a fighting game. The game should not be putting up a bunch of hidden shit and expecting me to predict what it's doing. I'm not facing off against a player who I already know all the moves of in a closed box where it's impossible for anything to be happening off screen. PoE is a game with tons of RNG where a ton of stuff can happen just off-screen that a reasonable player has literally no idea it's happening.

GGG has allowed the game to become as fast as it is. GGG should be taking steps to either slow it down, or make everything that is happening more clear. Ideally they'd be doing both, but them doing neither makes me, and I'm sure tons of other people not want to play the game. They clearly already understand the value of having clear and understood mechanics and effects in the game. Otherwise they'd be a lot less careful about how they word skill effects and the like. So, why is this same attention not paid to clarity and just generally interacting with the game world itself?
Check out my Twitch where I stream Path of Exile and other games. https://www.twitch.tv/gabe__lincoln
"

Please explain to me how the Goratha RIP that I replied to you with is anything but ridiculous.

I think Dudebag answered that already.
"
Dudebag wrote:
can you take a look at the mods of the map.
it says area contains many totems.

how many deaths by DD totem.

why run that mod

DD is ridiculous tho indeed

Best thing you can do in any game is clear the area before starting event/boss fight - secure the perimeter. That is what you do in Counter Strike before planting/defusing a bomb, kill bad guys in RDR2 before going for the leader. Even in super easy Grim Down it is smart to clear the trash before some harder monster fight. There are some enemies in PoE you want to take down first (totems, because they can complicate your fight like on that vid, or they can buff the boss, or necromancers because they're annoying, or just any other mobs you don't need for charges generation, or you have beyond mod and you don't want to get extra boss during fight).
If you have low screen resolution, or big item plates, there is a magic button, I think default is "Z" to hide all loot names (you can still see icons on the map) - and press it back to just check what you got.
If you don't want to play with hiding loot, best thing will be setting strict loot filter with small fonts - so you will se a lot more. Remember - choosing loot filter is your decision.

"

If Path of Exile is going to be killing players as fast as it currently does(especially weaker builds and on juicier maps) it should in no uncertain terms be absolutely 100% clear about as many things as it possibly can be. Attacks/spells that do cold should be blue, fire red, etc. corpse explosion(one of if not the most dangerous things in PoE) telegraphs should be incredibly clear, and should definitely not be hidden under loot. GGG has been getting the same complaints about leagues with a lack of contrast for literally years now, and metamorph is black/dark green on black so you can't see shit like the leagues before it.

weaker builds shouldn't do juicy maps. You do juicy maps when you're sure you can do them without issue - but then if you consider them juicy, it probably means there is something that can kill you there, so don't be surprised when you die there.
About the loot if it is "hiding" some effects for you - I already suggested solution above. Hide where there is nothing to check, or/and set it to strict, or/and reduce font size. it is your choice how you want to deal with it, because it is your personal preference. I think most downloadable filters don't have transparent background, so pay attention what you download.
There is a limited amount of things that can do corpse explosion, most of them are clearly telegraphed, like multiple totems map mod already tells you what you can expect.

"

Path of Exile is not a fighting game. The game should not be putting up a bunch of hidden shit and expecting me to predict what it's doing. I'm not facing off against a player who I already know all the moves of in a closed box where it's impossible for anything to be happening off screen. PoE is a game with tons of RNG where a ton of stuff can happen just off-screen that a reasonable player has literally no idea it's happening.

Why it shouldn't? I think that it is rather obvious what you can expect and you need to predict that you can face chayula when there is breach on map, or abaxoth when there is beyond mod. If there is shocking ground you also predict that you can take a lot more dmg. Reasonable player should have predict what can happen and have an idea how to counter it from happening. Otherwise he is not a reasonable player. Also, for most it is routine, that killed vigilance. One map without crits, two maps without crits, routine comes in, fifth map you die in spectacular way.

"

GGG has allowed the game to become as fast as it is. GGG should be taking steps to either slow it down, or make everything that is happening more clear. Ideally they'd be doing both, but them doing neither makes me, and I'm sure tons of other people not want to play the game. They clearly already understand the value of having clear and understood mechanics and effects in the game. Otherwise they'd be a lot less careful about how they word skill effects and the like. So, why is this same attention not paid to clarity and just generally interacting with the game world itself?

This is the part I will totally agree with you. For me, the game totally lost its dark atmosphere. Too many flashy, rainbow-ish effects. We don't need weak trash mobs attacks (some of them, that stack really low, so they would be never/nearly never dangerous) to be spectacular throwing glitter left and right. I still claim that there are no invisible attacks, but too many sparkling fireworks monster spells/attacks are not only needles, but strip the game of its atmosphere and makes it look rather silly.

Last edited by Nomancs on Feb 15, 2020, 9:51:07 PM
"
Dudebag wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
Fixed it for you:
"
Chadwick93 wrote:
"you dont know enough to have an opinion on xxx, because you suck at it."

This is how real life works, millennials.

don't argue with those guys anymore. you will not go anywhere.

i am fully convinced now that we should be askin GGG to make a new league.

completely new, "perma league" that is much easier than HC/SC league, seperated from new leagues.

no death penalty

enemy damage reduction 50-75%

higher drop rate for casual players with family

faster end game access etc

Stop right now, criminal scum! This sounds fun, and no fun is allowed here!
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info