Metamorph Statistics: Challenges and Ascendancy Classes

Looks like GGG are going to take the easy way and just kill necromancers without addressing the reason why they are popular. And it is not because necromancers are that good.

Necro powers:
- Move and deal damage at the same time (metamorph ramped one-shot bullshit to an insane level, and moving non-stop is the only viable counterplay since all defenses are massively nerfed over years)
- Scale well with level and investment (no, they aren't cheap, you still need dozens of exalts to make them really good, but you CAN just go through game picking upgrades from the ground - you know, like in loot-based ARPG)
- Player skill and character investment are to the extent interchangeable (also known as "cheesing" when you use strategy instead of a brute froce)
- Relatively straightforward crafting of key equipment (crafting in PoE is dumpster fire)
- Build flexibility (you don't have to use one and only perfect build that works)
"

Thre are builds that are stronger than necromancers. But they have some flaws that make them less desirable, lacking something of the beforementioned.

I think there should be both a nerf and a boost:
- Either nerf the Total Hp/ES pool of necro or the animate guardian survivability.
- Boost all other classes/ascendancy to get similar survivability with less than 10ex investment. With around 15ex investment on my Essence Drain CI build I only got 7.5k ES, while Necro would have 6k life and 8k ES, with ES regenerating while in combat...

Necro hp/es pool is not that great unless you use some specific gear. And they lack defense layers, so their large pool is not that good.
Animate guardians are insanely expensive (you can make a good character using AG budget) and still can die.
Buffing other classes would be the right choice. Necro's are on a good place now. Don't break things that are work well.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
Last edited by Oblitus on Jan 27, 2020, 5:30:00 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Fix targeting.

We love playing targeted skills, but the game keeps us from enjoying them. Using the same tool (the mouse pointer) to attack and move is too much for one thing. That's why Cyclone is so popular. Move and attack in one. Winter Orb. Just move and your attack moves with you.

The reason people are playing summoners? No targeting needed.

The whole game is pretty much revolving around this issue.

^ THIS!

Targeting in this game sucks. That`s why I play builds like cyclone, rf, totem builds or summoner most of the time. Skills that need targeting are way to slow to compete with those. In a game where every hit is either pointless or a oneshot it`s a huge disadvantage to be slow at targeting.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Easy challenges and trash rewards, after 2 day of using the meta portal I went back to the default one, just could hit the click box on the new one and it was driving me crazy and no, I'm not dyslexic.
first league since i started playing this game that got me bored so fast -_-
hopefully those necros will be nerfed hard :D cheers!
Buggatix
Challenges are not easier neither the reward are great (actually I find the reward bad this league)

It is just I played more this league as it was more enjoyable as the league before, I have then more time in and then complete more challenge
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
No more necro nerfs please :(

Would say that nerf it even more lol, its still too good.
lvl 100 deadeye here with 40 challenges :D
"
Oblitus wrote:
Looks like GGG are going to take the easy way and just kill necromancers without addressing the reason why they are popular.

So, take their standard approach to "balancing" then...

I Totally Agree.

As someone who used to play Necro at the start of my playing, then diversified across leagues; I am now back to Necro. Why?

I like Slayer Cyclone - not really possible this league for me. One Shot mechanics from Meta's killed this for me as well as an increase in other one shots when not being 100% on the move.
I like Ed/Cont - not enough deeps without becoming squishy, being tanky then not enough deeps for the increased bosses HP etc, etc. Also, having to pick a boss skill normally means standing still = death in Morph.
There are other builds I have tinkered with, but again it comes down to the same things which others have already pointed out. Having to stand in place = death this league, and there comes a point 95+ where death penalties make those builds pointless.

So, how about, just for once, GGG does what Oblitus has suggested and examine what is GOOD about Necro's in relation to what is BAD about the current mobs and then change the OTHER ascendancies OR the mobs to reflect that?
Analyse & Fix, instead of Nerf..... just once...
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Fix targeting.

We love playing targeted skills, but the game keeps us from enjoying them. Using the same tool (the mouse pointer) to attack and move is too much for one thing. That's why Cyclone is so popular. Move and attack in one. Winter Orb. Just move and your attack moves with you.

The reason people are playing summoners? No targeting needed.

The whole game is pretty much revolving around this issue.

Blame consoles. They don't have targeting, so every new skill is designed to work with console playstyle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info