[3.16] g00fy_goober's Ball Lightning Miner Saboteur (Easily clear all content) REVAMPED

Hi sorry if it was asked already but do you think this will be a good league starter? also if anyone knows, what are the pros and cons of scion vs sabo for ball lightning miner? thanks in advance!

Very informative guide also so thank you goofy!
"
Chiquitita wrote:
Hi sorry if it was asked already but do you think this will be a good league starter? also if anyone knows, what are the pros and cons of scion vs sabo for ball lightning miner? thanks in advance!

Very informative guide also so thank you goofy!

Works great as a league starter but as with any LL or ES version, things like that take time. Would be much better to go a generic life version of the build, and build for life instead of ES and then swap over once you have a few key items and ES items are a little bit more in existence.
looking forward to see an iteration of this with glacial cascade and blazing salvo
Well.....the BL nerfs did not kill the build, but I did not think the nerf hammer will hit so hard. This wasn't exactly a "minor nerf" as some people thought.

I guess I'll be trying out blazing salvo or glacial cascade,depending on what I find better and more pleasing for the eye. It also depends on what alternate quality gems will do for BL miners as we still haven't seen most of the gems.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 15, 2020, 11:53:42 PM
"
Nosferat wrote:
Well.....the BL nerfs did not kill the build, but I did not think the nerf hammer will hit so hard. This wasn't exactly a "minor nerf" as some people thought.

I guess I'll be trying out blazing salvo or glacial cascade,depending on what I find better and more pleasing for the eye. It also depends on what alternate quality gems will do for BL miners as we still haven't seen most of the gems.

Hmmmm will be hard to say. Personally i think glacial cascade always looked cool and looks cool with changes, but blazing salvo looks awesome in their teaser video.

That being said, BL was technically buffed with the amount of dmg it dealt last league because they buffed it up to go along with the slower projectiles nerf. At gem level 20 it used to deal 22-426 damage and they buffed it to 28-533 damage.

So in reality they just reverted it back to pre 3.11 buff. Basically it is like the old gem + the nerf to the speed it travels with slower projectiles now. Better for clearing, but definitely less hits for single target, but definitely not gutted by any means.

Still strong as ever i would assume.
Build fully updated for 3.12. Only change as mentioned in the last post or two was the damage numbers on the gem reverted back to the pre 3.11 numbers. Buffing the skill as much as they did last league was much more damage than intended even with the slower projectile nerf.

Still very strong and very viable.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Build fully updated for 3.12. Only change as mentioned in the last post or two was the damage numbers on the gem reverted back to the pre 3.11 numbers. Buffing the skill as much as they did last league was much more damage than intended even with the slower projectile nerf.

How about adding sigil of power or snipers mark? I see you dont have many gems you can drop, but portal is there and adding either or at least the mark would allow for better boss dps. It would probably make the aoe/flat damage nerf not that noticeable.
"
Zomphere wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

How about adding sigil of power or snipers mark? I see you dont have many gems you can drop, but portal is there and adding either or at least the mark would allow for better boss dps. It would probably make the aoe/flat damage nerf not that noticeable.

Anything that comes out this league will not be updated until it can be tested and tried and the league ends. When new stuff comes out always has to see if it will be staying in the game, if it will be changed and it is worth using b4 changing any guides. That being said people are obviously free to move things around and try new stuff and feel free to post up your experiences here especially if it works extremely well that way i can make sure it is something i check into.

Now the problem you run into or what i forsee is we already use conductivity as a curse. Even with the new awakened hextouch support... it says in patchnotes now only supports hex curse skill gems. Whether this means the inital one that gem is linked too or hexes period and it just does not work with marks i have no idea. For this build either way does not matter as you would have to get sniper's mark linked to the gem as it does not spawn as a mod on rings for any influence. Then you would have to get conductivity on hit. So either way, for this build it would not work.

Now i guess you could always have the option if you wanted to change/move gems to self cast it or have it with your CWDT setup or something like that as long as you can have both a mark and a curse at the same time (which idr if they mentioned).

Also have to remember that dexterity is very limited on a miner so you would have to get a bunch added on gear/jewels/passives or use a lower level mark.

As for sigil, again will have to wait until release and check it out and see if it is worth using.
Arc mine will be the same tree? what will be the linked supports if I wanna play arc mine? thanks
"
kreZrog wrote:
Arc mine will be the same tree? what will be the linked supports if I wanna play arc mine? thanks

This is a ball lightning miner guide. If you want to change it that is fine by why would u post up asking me to make or change the guide for you to do something else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info