Trading is SO FUN! WOOOO

"
Saevan wrote:

Copy, paste, wait.
Copy, paste, wait.
Copy, paste, wait.
Etc.
Copy, paste, click, click, click, "ty" ...

Yep, very social.

This!

"social" my ass.
It's meant to slow item acquisition/the trivialization of any challenge the game has to offer. I would've thought this was obvious, what with the lack of single currency and all. The social aspect is whatever you make it, just like irl, which I also thought was obvious.
Trade is fine git gud.
Pretty sure 99 percent of issues are due to people misusing the system. For example go post few ex for sale at a decent price you will sell in a min tops. Then in 10 min you will get whispers again. I keep checking what site they use and it poe.trade. so they use laggy api and whisper sold 10 min items and wonder why they getting ignored.

And for the love of something stop acting like sending 3 4 extra messages breaks the game.
"
It's meant to slow item acquisition/the trivialization of any challenge the game has to offer. I would've thought this was obvious, what with the lack of single currency and all

One has to wonder if this is the only way they can do it. Suppose they reduce the drops but make trading better. This way item acquisition will take roughly the same time but less of it will be spent trading and more playing.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
jtggm1985 wrote:
Now, I would much rather people attack ideas than people, but eventually you have to realize, you're coming off as pro-current-system no matter how much you say it isn't good.

I shouldn't have to realize that, as I - in most threads about this topic, repeatedly say that the current system isn't good. If people choose to "read between my lines", while there's nothing there to read, I don't know what to tell you.

The reason I debate this topic so often, is because I'm passionate about the game. I care. And I know if they make the wrong changes to trade, the game will suffer a lot. And half of these "AH" threads we see in here, are people wanting easier, more efficient, direct access to what they want, without understanding that in a progression and loot based game like this, there HAVE to be limitations, or else EVERYTHING will be centered around trade.

If you want that? Ok. Fine, I guess. I will never understand that. If you don't understand that? I hope someone will teach you. If you don't believe anything will change? Well, you're naive.

Now, if a thread is built around productive ideas, I will gladly discuss those ideas - positively. But when a thread is build on whining, like this one, it just shows ignorance and a lack of understand as to why there's limitations to trade.

It's not reading between the lines though, Phrazz. Every post you make in a trade thread is bashing, and sometimes critiquing, someone's suggestion. If all you do is post negatively about people's ideas to alter trade, you come across as being for what we have now.

People wanting to take the squish out of ignored WTB requests and ignored scammer issues and difficulty buying fusings or exalteds or maps because nobody leaves what they are doing for anything less than 5-10c want to fix the squish out of our current, very auction house like system. Make it in game and updated in real time so you aren't ignored, and most people would be perfectly happy with trade as is now.
"
Deathfairy wrote:

And for the love of something stop acting like sending 3 4 extra messages breaks the game.

im not acting like it is breaking the game, it just is not fun (you know like the whole reason most people play a game?)

Let them make like a system to trade only maps and currency without human interaction, keep the items in some stupid "whisper" economy and then item acquisition will stay roughly the same but people can fill out their atlas sooner and craft stuff without having to sit there and "interact" with other people.

No it doesnt.
How many trades do you make a day? Buying specifically?
I actually craft quite a bit and even then I make maybe 40 buys a day which I assume is on very high end. Given that I buy a lot I buy in bulk let's say only 1 out of 4 whispers work. Which is way better in reality. So I make extra 120 whispers. I don't know how you do it but it takes me at most 10 sec per whisper. Let's make it 15 for sake of argument.
That is 30 min wasted on full non work day. And this is nearly worst possible scenario. Stop being cry babies.
"
DngA wrote:

8 unanswered whispers and you are complaining?

8?

hahah noobs...

Had to do 15 unanswered whisps trying to sell 1 ex for chaoses just a while ago.
Last edited by FedeS on Jan 20, 2020, 6:44:37 PM
Before you trade, just press “M”
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info