Trading is SO FUN! WOOOO

With current system you can't expect that someone would just quit doing what he is doing, just to sell you something. Especially if they are doing tough map, have no portals left, doing zana mission, are just away from keyboard, have already sold the item (happened to me that people message me for an item that i have sold more then 30 mins ago, after a 10 people you just stop messaging them back that you sold the item) or just have to many requests and cant answer you. No matter the price. And if you can't answer to someone in less then 10 seconds, then you don't even have to. They already moved on.

On top of that there are people that message a lot of sellers at once and then don't come to buy the item. If you are that kind of person, then you are probably on ignore list from many people. This could be another reason that no one is answering you.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:
Then don't trade.

People like you will slide this all the way into the "then don't play the game" slot and when a game shutters its services due to low player population...

China has an AH, console has a pseudo-AH, not a single other MMO doesn't, and here we are spamming people for items that GGG expressly fucks with the drop rates, who won't reply.

I still can't buy ONE fuckin T3 map but I have every T1, T2, T4 map that leads to and away from it..."don't trade" wasn't an option.

The white knights will defend horrible game decisions and tell others "lul just quit" or "git gud".

Meanwhile, the playerbase slowly evaporates, little by little, until there is none left. Because a few people seemingly define meaning in their life with this video game. Therefore, it has to be 'ultra hard'. Otherwise, how would their success have meaning? How would life have meaning?

There's always an apologist for bad decisions, vehemently defending that which gives their life meaning.

Right now, POE has zero competition in the market space, so it can honestly do whatever the hell it wants.

As soon as real, actual competition emerges, these design decisions are going to become glaringly obvious, when the "lul scrub casual" players hit the road, and that sweet, sweet mtx revenue hits rock bottom.

GGG is owned by a Chinese company. It comes as absolutely zero coincidence that the design here is to milk as much real money out of people as possible until it complete shutters.
No auction house, bad trade system, bugs unfixed for an entire month...
Yet, while they silence people posting toucan in chat, and nerf builds so people buy mtx, they don't do much about the rmt traders...

Chinese owned.. rmt running rampant.. Nah its obviously just coincidence.
"
Khanislath wrote:

No auction house

I will never understand why people have a such a hard on for auction house when D3 was utter shit before they finally removed the AH.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
I like trading... It adds a social element to game. If there was no trading this game would be 100% solo which isn't bas fun. It's a psychological thing.
"
I like trading... It adds a social element to game. If there was no trading this game would be 100% solo which isn't bas fun. It's a psychological thing.

Well, im not a social person and like to play solo. This is the reason that i won't play d4, there would be world bosses i cant kill alone
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Shapemyst wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
No, the trading system in PoE isn't perfect. It never has been, it never will be. But knowing how to use the current trade system, instead of blaming everything on GGG, might help you out a bit.

GTFO really? wow you cannot blame the only people who can actually change this shyte system for not changing the system?
fuck me, you learn something everyday.....

You're misunderstanding me.

Of course you should blame GGG. They've made it. They're in charge. No one has ever said otherwise. But I can guarantee you that focusing on what YOU can do to make YOUR experience better, is WAY more productive than whining on the forums. Especially in 'General Discussion'.

There's TONS of things people can do to increase how they experience trade. A lot of those tips are already shared in this threads. If you choose to follow those tips you're WAY better off than trying to buy a 1C item from people listed it several days ago.

I've had no problems getting what I need these last 5 leagues, all without spamming. Sure, sometimes people don't answer, but if you know what to look for - and where and when to look, it happens FAR less than people claim.

Of course you are right, there are a lot of things that you can do to make trading a better experience (and i understood what you wanted to say) but even implementing all those "better" things the trading system is still horrible. it is like going to a market in a computer era, you know you might be able to get what you want but you also know in the back of your head it could be done with much MUCH less effort.
"
Torguemada wrote:
"
Khanislath wrote:

No auction house

I will never understand why people have a such a hard on for auction house when D3 was utter shit before they finally removed the AH.

D3 became am even bigger shit when they removed it. Its fine if you found the game a better experience, objectively however it was a failure.
"
Torguemada wrote:
"
Khanislath wrote:

No auction house

D3 now has no trading system at all and you can get the items you need for the build you want to play in completely different ways and way faster, there is no need for trading in D3 but as long as it is needed in POE it needs to improve
"
Torguemada wrote:
"
Khanislath wrote:

No auction house

The simplest answer is that the game already functions as if it has an AH. Trade is there, any item can be listed, for a price the seller chooses. It functions more as an AH with all buyouts than bidding, but thats a minor note.

It just has a really, really bad one that is intentionally annoying and frustrating to use.

What people want is a less crappy AH.
"

Copy, paste, wait.
Copy, paste, wait.
Copy, paste, wait.
Etc.
Copy, paste, click, click, click, "ty" ...

Yep, very social.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info