Trading is SO FUN! WOOOO

lmao, all the Garish Power's listed at 12 jews have been on sale for a week plus, do people really think those sellers are going to respond? Change the listed time to 'Up to a day ago' and you can see that the real price starts at 2c.

No wonder people struggle with trading when they are completely lacking in common sense.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 16, 2020, 4:10:40 AM
"
DngA wrote:

Why are you whispering only sellers listing in jewelers? I feel ya on trading but there is a bit of PEBKAC here. Stop whispering scammers and idiots who list things in jewelers and such. Look for ones listed in alchs and chaos, I'm sure you'll get a response.
No, the trading system in PoE isn't perfect. It never has been, it never will be. But knowing how to use the current trade system, instead of blaming everything on GGG, might help you out a bit.

1) Don't be cheap and only go for the cheapest offers. We can see in your picture that you're only trying on ONE price.

2) Make sure to proritize recent listings. A guy that JUST listen something for 1C, is more likely to answer than someone that listed the same item for 1C five days ago.

3) Join a guild. Items like this will be handed to you for free. And you'll also be able to help out others by giving then nice items. It's a win/win.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
the fact that people are taking this post seriously LOL
I made the experience that sellers with asian ideographs seem to respond more often.. maybe it´s something about politeness.. idk ^^
I will try to post this to help out in a way that doen't get me banned in a second.

So for me there is a sort of well working auction house in PoE. Its just needs a little bit of setup at the start of the league but afterwards its a paradigm better then the posted alternative.
Here is how:

- So first you identify a special type of player during trades. Their hideout is empty, they stand naked next to their stash, they are level 2. They massage you back instantly, they trade instantly, they are politely thank you for your trade.
- After founding such a player you befriend them, so you could see them even if they make an other character, you might conveniently add a note to indicate that they are 'special' indeed
- You might think these special players, 'doesn't have they accounts for long' but they have, i have such friends going back several leagues now...
- After that, whatever you wanna trade you search for these names with your browser in the poe.trade result window first. Especially if its tradable in bulk, such as currency; or takes little space, such as jewels; or build/meta defining items such as shaper's touch, anima stone.
- If you have 8-10 such a friend already you will have an AH for those item types.
- My trade experience is not even comparable to the one I had previously, 'player interaction' and 'social game' to the max.
Too much work. If you want fast currency exchange - look for the people with the most of said currency. They are either bots or dedicated currency flippers, who will ensure a fast trade.
Why does everyone have this item in the same tab for the same silly price?

Ans: Because they're blank accounts who have bought a single premium tab and haven't even bothered to rename it. You think they're going to bother answering?
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 16, 2020, 7:14:32 AM
Why does GGG allow low level toons to trade
i did a trade yesterday a level 22 3ex worth of chaos and i fought is that a program bot to trade since there is no AH in game.

trading takes time..

if i want to buy stuff one in 20 will reply
some will be afk
others will be in DND mode.
half wont reply.

to use a 3rd party websites and alt tab to copy and paste all time is pain in the ass
"
moneypants wrote:
to use a 3rd party websites and alt tab to copy and paste all time is pain in the ass

Then use an overlay so you don't have to tab out. If you're not using Steam, there's other apps you can use. But yes, the API should not be public, and the search engine should be moved into the game. But we're not there "yet", so I always prefer focusing on what I can do to make things better, instead of demanding everything to change based on my "needs".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info