|3.12 Starter| Self-Poisoning Blade Vortex Assasin | Achieved 1k MvmSpeed | Awakener 8 | all content

"
Apikai wrote:
EDIT: GGG FIXED SELF-POISON!

So now that the bug is fixed, a good upgrade for early maps would be:

- Maw of Conquest + The Golden Rule (till I get a Diadem + Watchers with "unaffected by poison while Malevolence")
- Carcass 5L
- Coralito's Signature

... for weapons I haven't decided yet, right now I'm using two Obliterations, but I want to test some combinations like:
- Cold Iron + Bino's
- Bino's + Apep
- Cold Iron + Cold Iron (this one I'll try to have on my weapon swap anyway)

What do you think?
Last edited by Iamandre on Oct 1, 2020, 2:58:30 AM
"
Iamandre wrote:
"
Apikai wrote:

- Maw of Conquest + The Golden Rule (till I get a Diadem + Watchers with "unaffected by poison while Malevolence")
- Carcass 5L
- Coralito's Signature

... for weapons I haven't decided yet, right now I'm using two Obliterations, but I want to test some combinations like:
- Cold Iron + Bino's
- Bino's + Apep

What do you think?

For clearing, I think it's going to be tough to beat Bino's, and I'm keeping Apep's for the +max resists & ES regen. If I manage to get it up to where I don't need the resists / regen, I'll swap in a CIP for extra clear damage.

I'm planning on going CIP + Apep's on my second weapon set for tough single target. Mind you, I'm clearing awakening level 4 conquerors with Bino's, so... /me shrugs.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Iamandre wrote:
"
Apikai wrote:

- Carcass 5L
- Coralito's Signature

- Cold Iron + Bino's
- Bino's + Apep

What do you think?

For clearing, I think it's going to be tough to beat Bino's, and I'm keeping Apep's for the +max resists & ES regen. If I manage to get it up to where I don't need the resists / regen, I'll swap in a CIP for extra clear damage.

I'm planning on going CIP + Apep's on my second weapon set for tough single target. Mind you, I'm clearing awakening level 4 conquerors with Bino's, so... /me shrugs.

I haven't got a Bino's yet. Actually I just got a Carcass (5L yet), but now I'm testing clear and boss damage up to T10 (yea, I'm quite late to the race) with 2x Obliterations. I want to get a Bino's + any weapon really, to see how it plays vs Oblis' explosions.

But right now I believe my next upgrade should be Maw + Goldenrule (would switch later to a Diadem + Watcher's) but after that I'm not sure what to get besides some regular rares
Maw & Goldenrule aren't that useful until you have Eldritch Battery and MoM.

Bino's you can use immediately, and it's only a single chaos, so grab one of those and some random crit dagger / foil for your off hand. Then you can fit whirling blades / faster attacks / fortify to boost your tank as well.

For the Maw upgrade, you need:
- Maw for poison immunity
- Golden rule for self poison

You could theoretically start using it with just the two above, however, there's no benefit until you get:
- Eldritch Battery for mana usage
- Apep's slumber for more self poison, resist max, and ES recharge

Then you add on:
- MoM for damage mitigation

Hey grim, thanks again for reply.

I'm testing Obliterations vs Bino + rare to see which one I like the most for clear. And I'm heading towards Eldritch Battery now, so I can start using Maw + Goldenrule.

But checking poe.ninja, it seems that only ~20% of Poison BV are going self-poison. Not sure why...
"
Iamandre wrote:

I'm testing Obliterations vs Bino + rare to see which one I like the most for clear. And I'm heading towards Eldritch Battery now, so I can start using Maw + Goldenrule.

But checking poe.ninja, it seems that only ~20% of Poison BV are going self-poison. Not sure why...
Because the biggest published build guide, from Grobbs, he says self poison isn't worthwhile. :)
"
Iamandre wrote:

With self-poison you obviously lose some damage because your offhand is a shield, but the survivability boost is huge. People on ninja like to go damage over defence
Last edited by DixuMixu on Oct 3, 2020, 8:50:22 AM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Because the biggest published build guide, from Grobbs, he says self poison isn't worthwhile. :)

Aside from Apep's shield and the sextant mod, is there anything else that benefits from stacking self-poisons?

3 equipment slots locked (apep's, golden rule, maw of conquest or watcher's eye) does seem like a lot to give up for +100% chaos res, +3% max res, 250 ES regen/sec...
Last edited by joshagarrado on Oct 3, 2020, 9:47:21 AM
"
joshagarrado wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Aside from Apep's shield and the sextant mod, is there anything else that benefits from stacking self-poisons?

3 equipment slots locked (apep's, golden rule, maw of conquest or watcher's eye) does seem like a lot to give up for +100% chaos res, +3% max res, 250 ES regen/sec...

As I already said, it's the choice between defence or offence. Self-poison is more defensive build. With EB and MoM you have virtually unlimited mana pool with Apep's
There's also the crazyfast ring combo, add in Icefang Orbit to self chill when you are poisoned, then Winterweave to reverse the effects of chill.

Also, the plague bearer gem gets basically instantly full because the self inflicted poisons count. So the damage buff is up 99% of the time, and does a flat added chaos damage of 120k / second.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info