[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

hello there,
i am playing your build for a few leagues and im loving it!
recently switched to CI and still have a little bit of currency to invest (about 3 ex)
can you suggest me where to invest my currency?
still feeling squishy with 6,3k ES
can you help me please?
Hello again, this is my character right now
https://pastebin.com/vDxefBfV

Any tips will be greatly appreciated I have little currency to spend (4 ex & 200+ Chaos)
"
"
Mainoffender wrote:
on pob u have MoM with 175 unreserved mana
whats up with that?

You take it, because if you socket the Timeless Jewel next to the socket, it converts the MoM Keystone. The new effect of the keystone is that it double your block Chance, but you take half of the hitdamage.

I will that later on explain in the guide when I got more time

I can't seem to find this option in Ultimatum anymore. This has probably already been covered though...?
wat
Thanks for the build, really had a good time with it!

Im currently playing the life version and im dealing about 2.1mil dps. I started buying up LL pieces and i currently have shavronnes wrapping, some HoI rings, the ammy and shield and some es boots but it looks like i would lose dps. Is there anything else i should pick up prior to switching?
I'm playing the CI version but still have no idea how your PoB got 100 crit chance without using increase crit chance support ( I also lower 1 power charge and turn off cinder flask but still 100% crit chance). Can any1 show me how to achieve that insane crit chance ?
Hello there.

Firstly i would like to say thank you for this guide on your build. Its minimalistic but complete, and on a personnal level, as an old poe player who had a big break, it allowed me to reconnect with several game mechanics, telling me just the bases i needed to be aware of in order to experiment for myself.

The build itself is amazing of course, scaling from early league to very end (and dead) league...

The CDR mechanic itself was quite improved since it was implemented, to my eyes its probably one of the best and worst side of this build, and this "two-sided blade" is precisely the reason of my post.

I tried to min-max the build several ways during this ultimatum league, only on ES-based builds.
Despite i crafted a lot for myself, i had to use the trade system aswell, and its quite clear given the optimal items on sale on the trade that people skip a lot of the CDR mechanics when it comes to optimization. Even the PoB fork doesn't calculate the right dps anymore when it comes to breakpoints above the 3rd one (52%< being 60% cdr). The other option being i'm too retarded to use it correctly, which could be but please dont tell me that :'(

When tuned, CDR and APS are probably one of the most gear efficient mechanics of the build. With the maven modes, the awakened support gems and the "+1 lvl of gems" modes, it's quite easy to reach the second CDR cap (52%-10.1APS) when you try to optimize your build, and then even the 3rd one (60%- ~15.7 APS).

The Cospri's malice being a jewelled foiled, one of the fastest 1-handed weapons in the game (1.6 base APS +8-14% local unique), each point of global attack speed you spend in the rest of your build is very efficient. Then this attack speed is multiplicative with the hit-damage of both the 6 link and the cospri(s) 3-links.

Seeing most of the optimized helmets on trade are enchanted with a bare "40% ice nova damage" (which is understandable when trying to sell for profit tho), i would like to state my Pob numbers when it comes to Lab-enchant (skipping the part where i dont manage to use PoB over 60% cdr) :
the "increased X damage mode" is always calculated for the on-hit damage. 40% increased ice nova damage bringing to my setup only >~4% damage. At the same time, given the cospri's high base APS, the "15% cyclone attack speed" enchant would bring to my setup 0.92 APS, which is proportionnal to any proc, hence global dps, of the build.

On a same level, the weapon enchantment which gives 3% local attack speed / 24% quality is very good, and stack with the implicit corrupted mod you can get on top of the extra-projectile.
I haven't tried a dual wielding setup which would bring even more AS to this build yet, but i'm quite sure the potential of attack speed when it comes to cospri is way underrated, now that CDR was made easily affordable.

Another point i was made aware of recently concerning the build is the very important part that "Area of effect" stat has.
When switching to a "+2 lvl of Area gem" shavronne's as a low life, the conc effect support gem becomes a better option than Hypothermia.
Since Pob told me it's the better option i played with this gem as an assassin for a while, happy about it.
For some other reasons i switched to occultist, and tried an "awakened increased area of effect" support gem as a switch to conc effect for the clearspeed.
However, when i dont switch back (who really switch this???) for monotarget dps on boss like Sirus, i dont feel any dps decrease compared to conc effect.
Despite it's only a feeling which cannot be quantified -i think- with PoB, i tried to think about this and there is my guess :
the drop in dps you should feel is for my setup around 20% : a big chunk.
However, when you cast frostbolt the "subsequently cast Ice Nova" will expand "from the Frostbolt projectiles".
Frostbolt being a projectile with a given celerity, cast every 2 or 3 cycles depending of your cospri setup, the ice novas you cast during this 2 or 3 cycles can, or not, overlap on a stationnary target.
I'm not sure of how the ice nova IA select the frostbolt on which to expand from if you have 2,3 or 4 projectiles every 2-3 cycles, but i have the feeling that if you reach a certain breakpoint in AoE stat some ice novas will be cast past the target, which would result in high Dps loss you would'nt experience with a decent AoE.
Is there any number you could give about this theoretical breakpoint under which the ice nova area is too small to overlap(if i understand correctly, the capping of the cluster vast power node under 50% is relevant)?

I hope my post doesn't appear too obnoxious or disrespectful, i just loved to play your build this league, eager to try it for 1 more month, as much as i can!

Last edited by urkdum on Jun 3, 2021, 4:39:26 PM
My POB is as follows:

https://pastebin.com/gU6JYyXc

I have few questions, few improvements i can make is:
1)Getting Awakened Hextouch Support and add bonechill to setup
2)Getting Awakened CoC with CDR boots to hit new breakpoint

(also I kinda have to get discipline Es onhit + precision flask mod combo to sustain flasks i think since i dont use crit chance gem)

but still these are pretty high cost stuff and dunno if this double my dps? Coz some players reach 10-15m dmg's on poe.ninja builds and im sitting at 3.5m

Also I'm clueless how can I improve defence wise

I'm open to ideas
Hello, have around 40-50ex to spend.. Anyone can help me as to what to upgrade? Can't get the 52cdr now.. I wasted currency on the boots have tailwind and avoid ailments :( forgot we needed cdr
https://pastebin.com/ebmQjR6d
Hello.
spent about 70 e on the build. The first build is so expensive and serious. Please tell me what needs to be fixed, what can be improved. Thanks in advance.
https://pastebin.com/rWt7zuBs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info