[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

"
Can someone explain to me what the point of vortex is. Seems 4L is pretty expensive for the minimal damage it does, kind of stumped here.

Vortex applies a decent Chill-effect, and Bonechill makes it so enemies chilled by supported skill takes increased cold damage based on the effect (strength) of the Chill-effect. Unbound Ailments further increases the Chill effect, and lastly Arcane Surge is just there to have the nice buff.

So the Vortex itself does almost an insignificant amount of damage, but it increases the cold damage the enemy takes by a large amount.
"
Avous wrote:
"
Can someone explain to me what the point of vortex is. Seems 4L is pretty expensive for the minimal damage it does, kind of stumped here.

Vortex applies a decent Chill-effect, and Bonechill makes it so enemies chilled by supported skill takes increased cold damage based on the effect (strength) of the Chill-effect. Unbound Ailments further increases the Chill effect, and lastly Arcane Surge is just there to have the nice buff.

So the Vortex itself does almost an insignificant amount of damage, but it increases the cold damage the enemy takes by a large amount.

this + it applies frostbite for even more damage if have it with hextouch support! You just hold the key 24/7 when playing since its instant skill and won't have to stop :) When you have enough DPS it can clear white mobs alone on maps :p

edit: If you use vortex + (awk) hextouch + bonechill + frostbite and have dash + arcane surge + second wind setup. I would advice kami that you add this combo to guide and update skill gem section! I mean CWDT frostbomb in 2021? I don't think that :D
Last edited by juju666 on Apr 25, 2021, 5:18:10 AM
"
Logicmaker wrote:
@all the new players wanting to try coc ice nova: just don´t. The life version is super clunky and for a good reason most players farm money otherwise to instantly go LL. Which is - not gonna lie - currently around a 40-50 (like the guide says too) investment. If you dont have this amount of money, dont even consider this overhyped meta build and look for an alternative. I wish I hadn´t put in the time + money (the uniques already 30% less worth) to try this build. And compared to other builds, it is not even that fast since you basically spin with negative speed on full cyclone charges.

Good build though, but definately not for beginners not until you can buy the mandaory items (which are basically all) all together. thx.

Yea this just isn't true. I'm currently running the life version of the build, and have had 0 issues. I've cleared sirus deathless at AL4 and am working on filling out the atlas to smash him at AL8. T16 maps are no issue at all, neither are ultimatums. With elusive, quicksilver, and a movement speed craft on one of your flasks you should have no movement speed problems. It sounds like you went in on the build without really optimizing things.

I won't say that the life version of the build is better than the LL or CI/MB, but its definitely viable to clear content and farm up the currency to swap into one of the stronger versions of the build.
"
juju666 wrote:
"
Avous wrote:
"

this + it applies frostbite for even more damage if have it with hextouch support! You just hold the key 24/7 when playing since its instant skill and won't have to stop :) When you have enough DPS it can clear white mobs alone on maps :p

edit: If you use vortex + (awk) hextouch + bonechill + frostbite and have dash + arcane surge + second wind setup. I would advice kami that you add this combo to guide and update skill gem section! I mean CWDT frostbomb in 2021? I don't think that :D

Yeah, guide needs to be updated, thought about just going back to the roots off my build guide with CI Max Block only and the leveling section for league start. I thinks its easier to understamd everything and dont make it to complex with 5 different versions of one build. Cause of family planning things I probably have in the upcomming months/league not that much time to actually play the game
Last edited by xXx_Kamikaze_xXx on Apr 25, 2021, 1:34:05 PM
Sorry if this was asked before, but i wanted to know, if the "Trigger Rate" for Ice Nova is reliable, which is given by PoB. I have an attack rate of 7.62 on Cyclone and 16% Cooldown Recovery, which theoretically destroys the first breakpoint, since i have more attack rate on cyclone than i am allowed to have but the PoB Fork still tells me i have a trigger rate of 7.45 for Ice Nova. Shouldn't the trigger rate fall down to like 5-6 because i exceeded the allowed Attack Rate?
(Here my PoB if needed https://pastebin.com/1HxXD1J3)
New player (first league) following this build, so hopefully my question doesn't trigger everyone... Where does all the dex come from? You need 212 for Cospri's Malice, and I just bought one, but I have 108 dex, far too low to equip it.
Edit: I'm following the passive tree, and have 97 allocated already, so I assume the extra dex comes from items?
Last edited by Nayyur on Apr 27, 2021, 1:25:43 AM
"
Nayyur wrote:
New player (first league) following this build, so hopefully my question doesn't trigger everyone... Where does all the dex come from? You need 212 for Cospri's Malice, and I just bought one, but I have 108 dex, far too low to equip it.
Edit: I'm following the passive tree, and have 97 allocated already.

Gear. You get dex from your amulet and dex on a couple pieces of gear
Last edited by Mastodonic on Apr 27, 2021, 1:56:35 AM
"
Manytima wrote:
Sorry if this was asked before, but i wanted to know, if the "Trigger Rate" for Ice Nova is reliable, which is given by PoB. I have an attack rate of 7.62 on Cyclone and 16% Cooldown Recovery, which theoretically destroys the first breakpoint, since i have more attack rate on cyclone than i am allowed to have but the PoB Fork still tells me i have a trigger rate of 7.45 for Ice Nova. Shouldn't the trigger rate fall down to like 5-6 because i exceeded the allowed Attack Rate?
(Here my PoB if needed https://pastebin.com/1HxXD1J3)

I dont think the PoB fork takes into account the issues with server ticks that hard limits the APS. It just straight up calcs crit rate, hit rate, cooldown and attack speed.
So no, it's no accurate. It is a rough guide if you dont have 100% hit or crit though. The hard cap on APS is still king
Hey guys, currently lvl 92 playing the life variant while I save up for CI block.

Got large ToH, timeless jewel etc. The only think I'm missing is a bottled faith so I can switch crit for added cold.

Would you say that a Bottled faith is required to change to CI block? I feel the damage lost by dropping the 2nd cospri's without picking up woke cold is too much to keep doing t16s.

What is the target ES that I should be aiming for to switch? (currently 4.6k hp)
Miss my old buddies, but life be life sometimes.
Hey, I was thinking of trying this build out possibly. I just played Burning Arrow Elementalist, it was quite strong but felt squishy endgame.

How much investment would I need to feel tanky while having solid damage endgame? (t16 ultimatums/conquerors and such).

I'm assuming I would have to go CI with max block to achieve that and it would cost 40+ ex?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info