Catalysts used on essence worm make it reserve more mana.

As the title says, after few catalysty my essence worm now reserves 42% more mana up from 40% (it's a nerf).
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2020, 8:15:43 PM
"
razowiec2 wrote:
As the title says, after few catalysty my essence worm now reserves 42% more mana up from 40% (it's a nerf).

It's not a bug.
It's basic math.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
basic math or not it makes no sense. If other unique jewelery like call of the brotherhood or presence of chayula can benefit from catalysts then I don't see a reason for essence worm to not to (unless it cannot be easily done).
"
razowiec2 wrote:
basic math or not it makes no sense. If other unique jewelery like call of the brotherhood or presence of chayula can benefit from catalysts then I don't see a reason for essence worm to not to (unless it cannot be easily done).

You're contradicting yourself.

Yes, unique jewelry can and should "benefit" from catalyst.

Essence Worm has "mana modifier" (i assume you've used that catalyst).

It was "40% increased mana reserved".
You've used catalyst - it became "42% increased mana reserved".

What exactly "makes no sense" here?

Or do you want only "good benefit" outcome?

But when game simply adds catalyst % quality (like it should) and you don't like the result - it's a bug?
OP is correct.

The fact is the essense worm ring applies a negative type buff and such his expectation that there should be an decrease in the negative buff is absolutely justified.

Improving the quality SHOULD improve the stat not make it worse. In cases such as this, I am certain common sense will agree with that and the stat increase should be negative - in this eg drop to 38% instead of increasing to 42% which makes it inherently WORSE on improvement.

Now that this can of worms is opened, I am fairly sure the same issue is affecting other gear pieces as well.

Everyone with common sense should realise that its just a coding oversight due to the nature of the insanely massive amount of item, skill and stat interactions built into the game as a major feature.
"
Spoiler
OP is correct.

The fact is the essense worm ring applies a negative type buff and such his expectation that there should be an decrease in the negative buff is absolutely justified.

Improving the quality SHOULD improve the stat not make it worse. In cases such as this, I am certain common sense will agree with that and the stat increase should be negative - in this eg drop to 38% instead of increasing to 42% which makes it inherently WORSE on improvement.

Now that this can of worms is opened, I am fairly sure the same issue is affecting other gear pieces as well.

Everyone with common sense should realise that its just a coding oversight due to the nature of the insanely massive amount of item, skill and stat interactions built into the game as a major feature.

Got it.
"I want a game with bonuses only, not with penalties".
"Why game has to be punishing?"
"Where is 'press x' to win?"

*thumbs up*

i'm out of this -_-
Actally that's right - it's not a bug since it works as intended but it's not cool for the reason I gave above.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Spoiler
OP is correct.

Got it.
"I want a game with bonuses only, not with penalties".
"Why game has to be punishing?"
"Where is 'press x' to win?"

*thumbs up*

i'm out of this -_-

I think you don't quiet understand the idea of catalysts.
"
razowiec2 wrote:

Thanks for your report, this is intended as this is how Catalysts work.

Let's use 2 examples:
- "100% Reduced mana reserved"
- "100% Increased mana reserved"

With 20% Quality using Fertile Catalyst, this will modify the above values by 1.2x.

Results:
- "100% Reduced mana reserved" becomes "120% Reduced mana reserved"
- "100% Increased mana reserved" becomes "120% Increased mana reserved"
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Jan 7, 2020, 4:57:18 PM
"
razowiec2 wrote:

I think you don't quiet understand the idea of catalysts.

Looks like you don't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info