Hitting 100 in POE

"
veixc wrote:
Most stupid statement ever, why the hell you think that people still choose most efficient way?

Please tell me this is rethorical LOL.

And yes, having defenses matter because dying has an actual consequence makes character building relevant outside of just DEEPS DEEEPS DEEEEEEEPS!!!!, making the game overal fun.

I don't quite think you understood the point I was making to be honest.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
EXP loss at later levels definitely stops people from playing the actual game.

PoE is messy enough that you can never be 100% sure of your ability to not die while progressing as well.

I think there needs to be a deterrent to dying, but 10% exp loss alone can be crushing with how long it takes to level...it's simply disproportionate.

GGG won't change it though, because it creates a false sense of always being able to progress your character. In the past I loved this, but as years have gone by it's just become an invisible wall.

PoE 2 is too far away for me to be hopeful.

The worst part, is that your objective goes from "I have these goals" to "I have THIS goal"...leveling. Which takes forever.

I don't think it's unreasonable for the exp penalty to be reduced or changed; isn't that kinda what leagues should be about? Trying new things?

Y'know, like maybe giving us shops in our hideout instead of...

Yeah nevermind. I'm done.
"

Edit -

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Baharoth15/characters

Standard-only player, who joined in 2018, really gonna come to try lecture me?

Hey Mr. 2014. I'm not gonna act like the fact I've been here since beta means anything, but I will echo the sentiment of the dude you pulled your "cool-kid" card on. Don't complain about how boring and easy the push to 100 is when you literally took the safest, easiest path to get there.

Sincerely, a fellow player who hit recently 100 for the first time ever, taking the safest, easiest path to get there.

Spoiler
And I Loved every minute of it.
Well, this turned into a flame war, kind of how I expected it to after I read the OP's post.

Something to consider:
If you talk badly about the game, expect flames. Don't respond to them though. Ultimately you were posting and speaking to GGG, not to the countless people on here that enjoy nothing more than insulting and getting into e-peen tug-of-wars on here.

You stated your opinion, let it go at that.
Visit my Steam profile here: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheBaconOverlord/
"
I think there needs to be a deterrent to dying, but 10% exp loss alone can be crushing with how long it takes to level...it's simply disproportionate.

Your highest level character is 91.

How long is 10% at level 91 ?
30 mins if you're a little bit efficient ?
Hell I made 9% from 92 to 93 with one single safehouse earlier.

And you call this disproportionate ?

You'd be level 98, it would make some sense (although those levels are not supposed to be easy to achieve, so mistakes get punished), but 91 ? come on ....

"
If you talk badly about the game, expect flames.

There are plenty of well made thread criticizing aspects of the game that don't turn into flame wars, the problem isn't much the OP's opinion here.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 7, 2020, 9:35:41 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
veixc wrote:
Most stupid statement ever, why the hell you think that people still choose most efficient way?

Please tell me this is rethorical LOL.

And yes, having defenses matter because dying has an actual consequence makes character building relevant outside of just DEEPS DEEEPS DEEEEEEEPS!!!!, making the game overal fun.

I don't quite think you understood the point I was making to be honest.

Whaaaat, does ppl do this atm?? Well i can stop leveling on lvl 92-95 where its pretty easy, after that i reallocate 15-20 points and i can have pure glass cannon. Game dosent delevel, so you statement about that everyone going to be glass cannon or DEEEPS DEEEPS DEEPS is pretty uncompetent. Where is this so called CONSEQUENCE??? I lost portal and thats enough.
So we're down to the "oh but I loose a portal on death ! that's a lot !!" nonsense I see huh.

Not surprised.

"
veixc wrote:
Well i can stop leveling on lvl 92-95 where its pretty easy, after that i reallocate 15-20 points and i can have pure glass cannon. Game dosent delevel, so you statement about that everyone going to be glass cannon or DEEEPS DEEEPS DEEPS is pretty uncompetent

You could, but since you're here bitching about the xp penalty on death, you care about leveling, which means that the penalty is doing exactly its job : making you build a somewhat balanced character if you want to keep progressing.

How typical. An aurabot guardian carried to level 100. With the most broken xp/h method in the game. Then bragging and crying, it is to easy to hit level 100. Try again alone. Doing all content. The league contents, too.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
tl;dr: hitting 100 is easy, but goddamn boring
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
"
Thessalonica wrote:
100ed myself at the end of 3.8
I’d argue to keep the exp penalty, I leveled my self solo and, my guild is dead and my friends r waiting for 3.9.
I did t16s guardian maps, 220+ delve, Shapers, Catarinas, Urber Elders.
The idea of running weak less than t14 maps disgust me
I only did 3 pure breach stones because I only found 3.
I like the tanky playstyle, removing defence just encourages stacking dps like Diablo3?

You can be tanky and 1 shot screens with enough investment

You can above and beyond that when you have someone supporting as an aura bot

If anyone is seriously pushing for lvl 100 they will avoid doing anything that will rip them

Thats not a skill or being "good" at the game

My point is that you shouldn't have to cut out content because you're so concerned about the exp penalty

You should be able to just play however you want and grind for 100 simultaneously

Dying at 99 would be a loss of many many hours or pure stones, however you see it.

So if you were pushing 100 and you spawned an uber elder, the smart thing would be to not do it, unless you are 100% capable of doing it deathless.

So most people will step out of the actual gameplay of POE and begin this cancerous grind of just how much xp/hour they can achieve

It also really didnt take long either when you grind for 100, with that as your only goal.

It was quite fast.

Id much rather have a slower grind where Im not concerned about ripping

If I wanted to care about ripping id play HC, which I used to only play HC

Its not fun and its really boring

The fact you find it not fun and boring is because you skipped content
The thrill of doing Urber Elders and nearly dying multiple times
The thrill delving and exploring in delve for walls with chance to die in the dark
You took the easy and steady route and expect devs to change it based on your skewed view of how to achieve 100
My own trip to 100 is anything but boring, it was full of challenge and tests to my ability’s to judge and approach situations.

You are complaining because u did a boring thing and is thus bored
and because you were so bored let’s make the game boring for everyone
The scam posts are the reflection of the decrease of the overall intelligence of humanity
“Oh I fucked up and I’m gonna let everyone know about it”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info