Remembering 2019

"
themrpid10 wrote:
I went through a 20 step signing in process just to tell GGG and the community what they should already know if they're playing, the game was better before 2019. All the crap leagues being dog-piled into core make it unplayable, everything from Betrayal onwards has made this game suck and less fun to play.

QFT.

PoE has peaked in 2018. Delve was the best thing ever. And then it started going down the hill with all the crappy mechanics from failed leagues getting added to the core, build/skill diversity getting destroyed, and finally this current mess.

2018 was the best year. I wish they'd rolled back 2019 completely.

P.S. Ok, not completely. I just remembered two good things that happened in 2019: Cyclone rework and the oils from Blight. Still, compared to 2018, it was a really bad year for the game.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 31, 2019, 2:08:47 PM
Thx G.G.G. for everything
Would be nice if you put out a fix for Legion mechanics right now crashing on freeing generals. Your hotfix DID not work, and we are almost a week ahead and still no fix. Yes it's the holidays, but if you are going to release a league during the holidays, at least maintain it to the point where certain mechanics are not bricked. There are also other things that need fixing, like, you know, Sirus fight. We shouldn't have to use exploits with the clouds to be able to make it, you know, doable for the majority of us. And not fixing bricking an entire fight because a new player gets the clouds near the stairs and insta dies on going down.. Just....weeks already into this League and too many things DO NOT work. Let's talk about Casia and her CTD bug too when the game decides to drop a blighted map and for some reason the tier isn't within range, so the game crashes, AND THE INSTANCE. Fix this stuff. If you wanna put stuff in core, make sure they work...and if you don't want to maintain the game during holidays, don't release it during holidays. I'm a programmer and have created a bunch of tools for PoE, and the lack of care for bugs in this league is impressive, not in a good way. You rewrote code and completely dumbed down your organ system, and probably decreased the lines of code by a significant portion. You had a better base before, you just needed to tweak it and fix the manual organ pickup, but you basically reworked the code but left in a ton of leftovers in the Metadata that isn't even being used, but is still being read. So in a sense, it's being used, but it has no USE. Sloppy.

TenCent sellout really is turning PoE into a bad game. Spreading all your game over multiple consoles, now mobile. Just...stop...
Last edited by madcat2k3 on Dec 31, 2019, 3:08:55 PM
reading through this comment section is making me angry at how disgustingly ungrateful a bunch of you lot are. GGG is not perfect never said they were, but they have developed and continue to develop a game that is 100% free a pretty damn good. so there are some bugs here and there name one game that doesn't have any ill wait ... while your at it grow the hell up and get some manners.

thanks for an awesome year GGG see you in the next one!
"
The_One_Lw03 wrote:
reading through this comment section is making me angry at how disgustingly ungrateful a bunch of you lot are. GGG is not perfect never said they were, but they have developed and continue to develop a game that is 100% free a pretty damn good. so there are some bugs here and there name one game that doesn't have any ill wait ... while your at it grow the hell up and get some manners.

GGG has continued to release lower and lower quality for all of 2019.
you can claim it is a free game , but it isnt.
it is a free demo of a game , and if you do not buy storage space then you will not have much fun in game.

We the players, want tested mechanics to be released. Roll back the schedule to 4 month releases as the first month of every league is an unplayable mess for many.

sure no game is perfect, but no other game has soo many forgotten systems, game elements limited to rng, or skills that become completely unusable. GGG has forgotten what fun gameplay is and simply push you to play a certain skill to sell a specific mtx.

GGG does not respect the players time anymore.

"
The_One_Lw03 wrote:

yeah. People like u is the reason why companies release such a low quality content. Thx to people like u we had 20 years of absolutely trash bugged expensive games that people "gladly" beta test for free and throw absurd quantities of money.

And free to play is an ilusion, if was trully a free to play nobody were buying anything. If the intention is to help the devs so donate directly to them, but no, people buy stuff so is not to help the devs but themselves.
Would have been cool to see stats of the number of players each league etc. Legion was Def one of my favorite leagues in a lone time!
And many of the issues that were mentioned of having to be fixed will still be the very issue in this one. We all know it.
One shot mechanics becoming more and more prevalent makes the game less interesting to me. No point in being creative and making interesting builds anymore when you know a random one-shot is going to come.
"
The_One_Lw03 wrote:

You sound about 12 years old. This 'free' game is the most expensive one in my library by a factor of 4-5x and the development quality has been consistently worse over the last year. Nobody here is ungrateful, they want to see this company turn around and actually focus on desperately needed quality, content, and user interface improvements. Putting your head in the sand doesn't make you a dedicated fan, it makes you an ostrich.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info