[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

When someone gets a chance, can they take a look at my character and let me know why I can't even survive in a T1 map?? I know my 6 link weapon is crap, but it's only because I found it and don't have currency for another one yet, but I'd appreciate it if someone can point out a couple of things that would make a big difference in me surviving....

I don't know what to do :( I just can't even get past Tier 1 maps to advance my character further. I've never had a build like this before, so there must be something seriously wrong with either my gear or something. I'm at a loss....I can understand dying in yellow maps or red maps but not T1 white maps...Getting 1 shot by bosses as well. I thought I'd ask here before I just give up and go back to freezing pulse totems or something...
Last edited by Mentoya on Oct 27, 2021, 3:42:38 AM
"
Mentoya wrote:
When someone gets a chance, can they take a look at my character and let me know why I can't even survive in a T1 map?? I know my 6 link weapon is crap, but it's only because I found it and don't have currency for another one yet, but I'd appreciate it if someone can point out a couple of things that would make a big difference in me surviving....

I don't know what to do :( I just can't even get past Tier 1 maps to advance my character further. I've never had a build like this before, so there must be something seriously wrong with either my gear or something. I'm at a loss....I can understand dying in yellow maps or red maps but not T1 white maps...Getting 1 shot by bosses as well. I thought I'd ask here before I just give up and go back to freezing pulse totems or something...

Sure here are some things to improve:

- Flasks:
Get a Granite, basalt, quartz flask and make sure you roll all your flasks. So you want your divine life flask to apply instant and you need anti bleed, curse etc on the rest of your flasks. If you don't have this you will die because of it eventually.

- Ascend as soon as possible: You have only ascended twice and you are missing a lot of defensive power because of it.

- Level your gems

- Get a cast on damage taken setup.

- Get armour based gear so you get some base armour which you can scale to get a lot of phys reduction.

- More life on your gear its bad.

- You also just need more levels.

- Get some damage on your weapons, use sceptres with +1 and buy a 6link chest (tabula or a vaaled one with the right colours).

Also stick with it this build will be very nice to play if you fix the above problems
[/quote] This is very different from my experience, dying in t2 maps, and having the Holy Relics die to large packs. And that's with Meatshield. I don't understand how your experience could be so different than mine.
I doubt your choice to use Cyclone instead of Static Strike makes THAT much of a difference but that's the only key difference I see with you.[/quote]

What level are your holy relics? Having tried both static strike and cyclone, I can say that cyclone offers way higher QOL and survivability, especially with The Stampede Assassin's Boots, so enemies have really hard time actually hitting you since you move through them very fast. With static strike you need to have really high attack speed, since the strike itself is slow af. My holy relics rn are only lvl 21 and they legit have died twice since the league start.
Last edited by Weatherboy420 on Oct 27, 2021, 5:25:35 AM
"
Mentoya wrote:

Link POB. Have u done first 3 labs? I personally felt that i need attack speed to go with my cyclone, that really got rid of the sluggish feel.
[/quote] This is very different from my experience, dying in t2 maps, and having the Holy Relics die to large packs. And that's with Meatshield. I don't understand how your experience could be so different than mine.
I doubt your choice to use Cyclone instead of Static Strike makes THAT much of a difference but that's the only key difference I see with you.
"

What level are your holy relics? Having tried both static strike and cyclone, I can say that cyclone offers way higher QOL and survivability, especially with The Stampede Assassin's Boots, so enemies have really hard time actually hitting you since you move through them very fast. With static strike you need to have really high attack speed, since the strike itself is slow af. My holy relics rn are only lvl 21 and they legit have died twice since the league start.
Last edited by Weatherboy420 on Oct 27, 2021, 5:32:48 AM
yeah cyclone feels much nicer than static strike,just hold down 1 button and go through the whole map.
When i personally got to white maps, I bought a 5L judgement staff for 1c (see if you can buy one with already correct colours for ur gems 4B,1R) and used Deafening Essence of Fear (2c) on it for high minion damage boost and it carried me far. Lvl 21 holy relic w/o quality is 7c and already that will boost your damage a lot. Get 3 defensive flasks (granite,basalt,quartz) if your mana is fine and either steelskin or molten shell for survivability and have all these up everytime you approach a pack. Follow the "early mapping" tree in POB which has takes life nodes. Buy Geofri's Legacy Great Crown as soon as you can, followed with Kaom's heart and The Stampede Assassin's Boots for QOL while cycloning. When u get the Stampede unique boots, drop quicksilver flask for another defensive flask (quicksilver flask does nothing with these unique boots, read about them). Cap resistances before you start mapping and have atleast first 3 labs done. And personally Id suggest people to try out Cyclone version, I have 15% attack speed total in my build and it feels enough for the normal version of holy relic gem. (Need more for divergent one). Cyclone version felt worse while i was leveling through acts, but started to feel better at lvl 60+. With static strike leveling I had to use faster attacks gem since it just felt way too slow. Make sure your auras are fine aswell and that you take reservation efficiency nodes on tree. Have atleast Pride, Zealotry and Warbanner auras up, later adding Determination. During early leveling I used Clarity which really solved the mana issues.

If you do all this, you shouldnt have any issues cruising through red maps.

If anyone needs help then I am happy to help.
Last edited by Weatherboy420 on Oct 27, 2021, 6:01:12 AM
Meh. This build was literally the catalyst for me to uninstall.
"
I'm in maps and it does...OK. I'm a little concerned with the damage scaling without Empower+ level of socketed support gems.

Plus they go splat to anything remotely dangerous. Also god forbid you get surrounded, or dash into a huge pack, you'll die. Even though...that's what you need to do to proc the damn things.

Not impressed with it. Feeling like the whole thing's a noob trap.

I used it last league, and with it I killed A8 Sirus, Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, Maven... all I wasn't able to do was The Feared. And it's not like I'm an extremely experienced player, it was the first time I even SAW Elder, Shaper o Maven. And I did the first two deathless on the very first try, thanks to this build. I am quite sure you misjudged it.
thanks everyone for your suggestions regarding me not surviving T1 maps. I've decided to farm blood aqueducts today to try and build some currency up, as well as doing the chaos recipe. I'm not use to being this currency starved when I reach maps, but this league really didn't give much in the way of currency opportunities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info