[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
Nyalee wrote:
Dont forget about this line
"Now has added damage effectiveness of 20% (previously 25%)."

This is also a huge debuff, as it makes all sources of added flat spell damage (Hunter helmet mod, abyss jewels, ...) have 20% less effectiveness.

BV has been nerfed into oblivion. Very sad, a nerf was definetly justified, but imho this is too much. Espeically the duration and AoE nerfs feel really bad, cause it's very difficult and expensive to increase these with tree/gear.

I don't think, it has been nerfed into OBLIVION. I still think, this is a viable build. As i said before, the last few leagues with mid to high end gear, it was a touch-and-die playstyle with mobs. You whirled from pack to pack without even stacking max poisons on the mob. With all of the raw dmg nerfs, you'll probably have to stay 1 second longer in a mob pack until it dies.

The mechanics of this build still work. They haven't been scrambled as it was the case with Winter Orb back in the days. I doubt, that the dmg nerf affects the average player as much as it looks like.

It definitely sucks if you're doing high end content though, like farming Maven, 100% delirious maps or trying to deep delve (~800 - 1200). Once again - i wouldn't recommend this build for 3.14 juiced endgame content. It lost a lot of power for that. For the average player and especially for league start to progress your Atlas and farm currency though, it will still be pretty decent, compared to what you'll have to invest early on (close to nothing).
For me this nerfs are one part of why i won't play this league. Enjoyed poison bv 2 leagues in a row with 40/40.
GGG wants to de-zoom the game, that's why they nerf so many things. The endgame as we know it has been pretty much destroyed. But there are new things to discover. The changes to low life look interesting, and all the new blood skills look VERY nice, especially Reap.

I'm pretty hyped about how the changes turn out tbh. Right now, i want to try at least three builds. I played this Poison BV-Build for 4 leagues now from league start up until endgame. Tried different builds too, a few bosskiller and my first self-created low-budget T16 speedmapper during harvest... but i'm really interested in those new skills.
Does this work on Ultimatum aswell since nothing really changed for it?
My poison build has lost almost 50% damage over 3 leagues.

I'm fine with nerfing damage on it, it was and still is kind of broken if you use the sextant combo, even if the ratio of top gear needed for top content is now not that interesting.

But i really find that nerfing base duration is counterproductive as it make the game really less enjoyable. I already spam it, no way i spam it more.

But with the new support gem, we can now easily reserve life for our auras, it means we can see in the future a poison BV build based on energy shield by reserving both mana and life.
Last edited by Sephiloss on Apr 14, 2021, 10:31:06 PM
This build totally death ore not? He can close all content?
Last edited by Rokkiball on Apr 15, 2021, 9:03:13 AM
"
Rokkiball wrote:
This build totally death ore not? He can close all content?

League Start is definitly possible with this build. I don't know if it's all content viable. It lost good amounts in dmg and qol.

For my part I'm going to league start with this build and switch to something else later on.
I will see how much nerf i get after update.

Here is max dps for my build i think with two cip.

I use a binos for clear.

https://pastebin.com/D7Vfj1RP

I'm not sure of the poisons applied and withered? i may have to many applied on pob so probably half the dps on pob?

I gain arcane surge also from one of my rings but i don't think its applied to pob? i am not sure how to either.
Last edited by Nehpets187 on Apr 15, 2021, 2:52:07 PM
Okay so I'm thinking of doing this for a league start this time but I need to know how aggressive is it in terms of button/mouse pressing? I usually go necro because I have nerve issues in my right arm that prevent me from doing much other than simply holding the button down for a while.

I don't think it got too dramatically nerfed, right?
https://pastebin.com/FRkNuFdG

I got nerfed hard.

Looks like 20% ish overall dps loss! ffs

Thats not to mention qol ontop.
Last edited by Nehpets187 on Apr 17, 2021, 3:52:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info