[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
schalander wrote:
I am strongly considering this build. However, I am worried about potential "clunkiness" of recasting bladevortex. How often do we have to recast it with reasonable gear? Is it like move 2 seconds, cast, move 2 seconds, cast etc etc?

Well, base duration of BV are 5 seconds. With Unleash support, that's pretty much exactly the time in between. Every 4-5 seconds, but it's not really that annoying, since it's basically the ONLY thing you have to do on this build other than moving around and looting.
Anyone want to give me advice on my character? I'm not sure what to upgrade next. Was thinking about saving for asenath's gentle touch but not sure if I should spend my currency elsewhere

Also should I drop poison support if im at 97% chance to poison? Or is getting 100% that important
Last edited by Beeeaaast on Jul 5, 2020, 8:10:03 PM
Depends on how much currency you have and how much you earn on average per day. I'd say buy Asenath + annoint amulet with whispers of doom. Gives a decent boost, defensive + offensive. Drop the poison support - you have 40% chance from your ascendency + 25% from Coralitos (always up during trash + map boss fights, only problem would be longer pure single target boss fights like Sirus) + 20% from Herald of Agony + 12% via Circle of Nostalgia. No need to overcap with poison support.

If you're not big on currency, get a simple triple-res (at least T2 rolls) + life belt. They shouldn't be that expensive. If you got currency, try to get a hunter influende one with + chaos damage, or better a hunter stygian vise (~7-9ex). The thing is: Tier 2 res rolls give you max 45% resistance, and with catalysts you get another 9% resistance on top. That way you could probably switch your second ring for a Circle of Nostalgia (inc chaos dmg + HoA buff effect, switch your other one too).

Next stop could be a "additional curse"-chest with high life. With ~10ex you get a decent 6-linked chest with another influenced stat, like +spell crit or explode, since it's very easy to craft an explode chest this league.
"
Depends on how much currency you have and how much you earn on average per day. I'd say buy Asenath + annoint amulet with whispers of doom. Gives a decent boost, defensive + offensive. Drop the poison support - you have 40% chance from your ascendency + 25% from Coralitos (always up during trash + map boss fights, only problem would be longer pure single target boss fights like Sirus) + 20% from Herald of Agony + 12% via Circle of Nostalgia. No need to overcap with poison support.

If you're not big on currency, get a simple triple-res (at least T2 rolls) + life belt. They shouldn't be that expensive. If you got currency, try to get a hunter influende one with + chaos damage, or better a hunter stygian vise (~7-9ex). The thing is: Tier 2 res rolls give you max 45% resistance, and with catalysts you get another 9% resistance on top. That way you could probably switch your second ring for a Circle of Nostalgia (inc chaos dmg + HoA buff effect, switch your other one too).

Next stop could be a "additional curse"-chest with high life. With ~10ex you get a decent 6-linked chest with another influenced stat, like +spell crit or explode, since it's very easy to craft an explode chest this league.

Thank you for the advice! I will work on it. At what point do I start to consider cluster jewels/thread of hope
Last edited by Beeeaaast on Jul 5, 2020, 9:01:41 PM
"
Beeeaaast wrote:

Thank you for the advice! I will work on it. At what point do I start to consider cluster jewels/thread of hope

Thread of Hope you should get immediately (make sure it's Very Large). They're cheap and easy to find.

Don't bother with cluster jewels until you can get at least 1x large with at least two of the recommended notables, 2x mediums, and 2x % life smalls with Fettle. You want to also make sure when you do so you can stay above 4k life and keep resistances capped (Fettle and resistances on clusters help a lot with that).

Don't go into a second large until you can do all the above over again.
How does Carcass Jack fair for this build?
Last edited by kaculp on Jul 6, 2020, 4:19:48 AM
Reposting here since this seems to be the more active thread:

I leveled this yesterday and now I'm blasting even through low red maps with level 76. Really good build.

What do you guys think about

For those who don't know what Stalking Postule is: It's basically Chaos VD.
You get a corpse explosion for 9% Monster Life which is pure Chaos damage, followed by a seeking projectile.

I'm running it with Spell Cascade, so I get three explosions and projectiles out of each trigger, Power Charge on Crit for constant Power Charges while mapping and Deadly Ailments and Vile Toxins.

I also took Low Tolerance (+300% damage on first poison on enemy) on my medium Cluster Jewel.

This way a single projectile from the boots can clear out a whole off-the-path pack by itself. With Low Tolerance the initial projectile can kill a white mob by itself, the following explosion deals poison based on this monsters life, which gets proliferated through Bino's and enhanced by Low Tolerance.

Also within the packs you kill I'm pretty sure that the monster life based poison from the first explosion in the pack is the one Binos proliferates so you have a very strong dot going through the pack and stacking upon any rare in there.

Also with Atziri's Promise you are easily Chaos Resist capped with those shoes.
"
kaculp wrote:
How does Carcass Jack fair for this build?

Pretty much crap. Most useful stat on it would be the "extra gore"

"

I started at level 90 with cluster jewels, i think.

"
cybertier wrote:
Reposting here since this seems to be the more active thread:

I leveled this yesterday and now I'm blasting even through low red maps with level 76. Really good build.

What do you guys think about

For those who don't know what Stalking Postule is: It's basically Chaos VD.
You get a corpse explosion for 9% Monster Life which is pure Chaos damage, followed by a seeking projectile.

I'm running it with Spell Cascade, so I get three explosions and projectiles out of each trigger, Power Charge on Crit for constant Power Charges while mapping and Deadly Ailments and Vile Toxins.

I also took Low Tolerance (+300% damage on first poison on enemy) on my medium Cluster Jewel.

This way a single projectile from the boots can clear out a whole off-the-path pack by itself. With Low Tolerance the initial projectile can kill a white mob by itself, the following explosion deals poison based on this monsters life, which gets proliferated through Bino's and enhanced by Low Tolerance.

Also within the packs you kill I'm pretty sure that the monster life based poison from the first explosion in the pack is the one Binos proliferates so you have a very strong dot going through the pack and stacking upon any rare in there.

Also with Atziri's Promise you are easily Chaos Resist capped with those shoes.

In theory, it sounds nice. But basically, you sacrifice four gem sockets for an explosive-chest-mod. Also, only 20% movement speed (should be at least 30). Chaos resistances during flask effect are nice, but shouldnt be a b ig problem anyway, we get a lot of them from our tree, double-Circle of nostalgia + Atziris Promise. And worst of all, you have 0 resistances on those boots.
So yeah, in theory i like the idea, and if you have no currency for other explosive-mod-items, maybe you can try. But they sure aren't endgame-items.
This build has been really fun, beat any/all endgame content. Deathless A8 Sirusses 60% of the time, every time. Harvest crafting is insane for pushing gear, now just working on the min maxing part.

Gear for reference:

Clusters:
Last edited by StefanBauer74 on Jul 6, 2020, 9:48:43 AM
I want to start this build as my second build, I have some currency and wanted to ask about the chests I'm seeing on poe.ninja. Is there a easy harvest craft option like for many other GG crafts right now to craft "+1 curse and explode(maybe crit aswell)" chests using harvests target annul-slams?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info