[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
"

why do we need the Withering step, it falls off any time the buttons are pressed. In what case should we press it ?? I don’t understand how it work
s

it gives phasing, you pop it and run straight through massive packs of enemies without being stopped. You'll poison them all and wipe out the screen while just running forward

but then why do we need whirling blades if they do not work together, and with the whirling blade we run much faster
when should i use whirling blade, and when Withering step?

withering step has a much longer cooldown compared to whirling blade.
this is what i usually do

1. get 10 stacks of bv
2. whirling blade around to get frenzy stacks with blood rage, while looking for mirror
3. refresh bv stacks and run thru mirror
4. wait like 2 seconds for mobs to spawn, pop withering step and run thru everything
5. while withering step is on cd, you wb around and rinse and repeat
"
"
"

why do we need the Withering step, it falls off any time the buttons are pressed. In what case should we press it ?? I don’t understand how it work
s

I see. I don't think this jewel is mentioned in the build guide. Are you using any specific to help deal with the high level of self poison?

Maybe the Shakari Pantheon (immune to poison)?

The author of the build in this league uses this stone and he also mentioned it in the build itself, but I just can’t understand how it should work

I looked through the POB link for 3.10 and it was not used from what I could see. Is this something that was maybe used in the 3.9 build?

Edit: ok I found it in the FAQ. Sounds like it is not used anymore

Q -What about The Golden Rule/Antivenom combination?
A - Too much investment for the relatively small benefit we get out of it. It's too many points on the tree that can be used in more efficient ways with cluster jewels
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 25, 2020, 9:04:10 PM
Bind withering step to your left click so it auto casts whenever not on CD.
Hey, anyone mind helping me sort my passive tree out? I moved some passives around to test the golden rule and it was awesome, but I moved some things out of life nodes and now I feel squishy.. Also, if at all possible I'd like to trim down on some lackluster passives to put them into some of the new cluster jewels I'd like to test.

I've got some poison chance nodes still on there because I seem to have less than 100% poison without them and then need to rely on the flask to keep it up! If I could get rid of those, that would be ideal.

Lastly, if you'd like to critique anything or suggest some fixes for silly mistakes I'm sure I've made, feel free!

Almost have enough for en impressence, then don't really know what to aim for.

Last edited by Nickums on Mar 25, 2020, 9:10:01 PM

you can see the author’s build in this league by clicking on his profile, there he uses it, and also uses a completely different tree using cluster gems, most likely it is just build 3.9 and he has not yet updated it completely
Last edited by kiryakondrashka on Mar 25, 2020, 9:10:26 PM
"
poe_shniggies wrote:

1. get 10 stacks of bv
2. whirling blade around to get frenzy stacks with blood rage, while looking for mirror
4. wait like 2 seconds for mobs to spawn, pop withering step and run thru everything

Withering Step also has a nice side benefit of refreshing Elusive with out having to wait for Elusive to expire. Withering Step I believe is the only way in the game to keep Elusive from expiring.

Between crit from Mistwalker and Withering Step, Elusive's up time can be fairly consistent.
"

you can see the author’s build in this league by clicking on his profile, there he uses it, and also uses a completely different tree using cluster gems, most likely it is just build 3.9 and he has not yet updated it completely

yes, that is exactly what the FAQ says. It is no longer used with the Cluster jewels tree.
"
"
poe_shniggies wrote:

1. get 10 stacks of bv

Withering Step also has a nice side benefit of refreshing Elusive with out having to wait for Elusive to expire. Withering Step I believe is the only way in the game to keep Elusive from expiring.

Between crit from Mistwalker and Withering Step, Elusive's up time can be fairly consistent.

But the Withering Step disappears when we press abilities, that is, should we press the Withering Step and just run?
You just put Withering step on your movement key which I assume is your left mouse. If you hold down left mouse then it will automatically cast when it's available.
"
Nickums wrote:
Hey, anyone mind helping me sort my passive tree out? I moved some passives around to test the golden rule and it was awesome, but I moved some things out of life nodes and now I feel squishy.. Also, if at all possible I'd like to trim down on some lackluster passives to put them into some of the new cluster jewels I'd like to test.

I've got some poison chance nodes still on there because I seem to have less than 100% poison without them and then need to rely on the flask to keep it up! If I could get rid of those, that would be ideal.

Lastly, if you'd like to critique anything or suggest some fixes for silly mistakes I'm sure I've made, feel free!

Almost have enough for en impressence, then don't really know what to aim for.

Once you get Impresence then you can:

Get a better ring that fills out more resists, get a better jewel in your belt to fill out more resist. From there you can dump that jewel node at the Scion start and use the 2 points for more nodes. I'd get a 8 or 9 node cluster with Grim Oath, Wicked Pall and 2 jewel sockets. Dump the Heart Seeker cluster and use those 3 points for a Fettle or Surging Vitality Cluster. There is a lot more but that'll get you a lot more life. You can also swap in a Mistwall once your damage gets a bit higher.
Last edited by kan333 on Mar 25, 2020, 9:33:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info