New Core Supporter Packs Available Now!

"
Mojo907 wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:
I'll support when you fix the standard map tab and give me back 2 years of maps I lost from your haywire conversion script, thanks!

They don't owe you shit....

Imagine trying to sell something, and telling the first customer that walks into your store that you don't owe him shit. Sounds like a recipe for business disaster to me...
"
GGG, pointers on how to make a successful core supporter pack:

- hoodie
- tshirt
- flashy big portals
- flashy hideouts
- flashy big pets
- flashy armour sets
- flashy back attachments
- no apparitions

If not put your ideas in:
- basic league supporter pack

Out of curiosity, and completely unrelated to your post...do you only buy packs that specifically have red supporter badges?
Last edited by Аstyanax on Dec 20, 2019, 6:45:42 PM
Looking at the pricing structure here is making me even more confused about what they were thinking.

The first four tiers are essentially identically themed sets based on the Conquerors of the Atlas content. The last tier is drastically more expensive, and is the only unique looking set

The first tier is the introductory $60 pack, giving one set.

The second tier is the $100 pack giving two sets. That would be an additional $40 for the second set.

The third tier is $160, and it serves to add another set and the cloth map. That makes the third set an additional $46 dollars factoring the point value of the map out. That would make this set more expensive than the one that came before it.

The fourth tier is then $240, and it adds the fourth set, and the game book. The game book has a point value of $50, making the fourth set an additional $30.

The last tier is a jump of an additional $240 for a total of $480.
The extra rewards in this tier include a signed art pack, a good looking portal effect, and an actual set that looks interesting and unique. The art pack is valued at $16, so you are paying an additional $224 for one good looking set and portal effect.

It seems like the best value is the second tier. The third tier takes value away, and the fourth tier saves additional money if you actually value the gamebook at $50 or opt to take the points instead. The last tier seems woefully overpriced for what it offers, and feels like it would be better priced at $360.

I also wanted to reply to the user claiming that POE is not "Free" and that it is naive to claim otherwise. No one is making you purchase Anything from the store. The QOL improvements are absolutely game-changing, but they are completely unnecessary. Animations, armor sets, and cosmetic hideout decorations are all very cool, but do not impact game-play in any way.
Their Monetization model is predatory, and the sales are aggressively timed specifically to increase sales. That is something that is done by all free to play games, and not an uncommon strategy.
I know it feels cool to angrily shake your fist at "Capitalism" as a whole, but this game is free for all intents and purposes. Claiming otherwise on the basis of Cheesy anecdotes would be false.
"
Аstyanax wrote:
"
Mojo907 wrote:
"
cgexile wrote:
I'll support when you fix the standard map tab and give me back 2 years of maps I lost from your haywire conversion script, thanks!

They don't owe you shit....

Imagine trying to sell something, and telling the first customer that walks into your store that you don't owe him shit. Sounds like a recipe for business disaster to me...

Or imagine learning to read and comprehending that I didn't actually demand anything. The sentence was more of a proclamation and didn't imply some sort of a demand.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Heh.. I like all except the most expensive, so that's a bit perverse. None of them has quite the same "buy me now" pull as the Empyrean pack did tho.

Disappointed to see no tshirts/hoodies. Quality of the last ones was decent (albeit not exceptional) & I'd like to buy more apparel - bundling them was part of why I bought empyrean.

Art books/maps/collectibles are things that get stored on the shelf & aren't as appealing as clothing that gets actually used.

Hoping this means there'll be clothing sold separately.
Last edited by Lakh on Dec 20, 2019, 7:39:19 PM
"
ookaasoo wrote:
no t-shirt feels bad :(
"
Schmockla wrote:

=))))))))))))))))))

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

+)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

im sorry...i just have a bad habbit of laughing at inapr....

lemme jsut go sell my car to buy virtual in-game stuff that costs as much as 10 other pc games from 2020....but for now...im very srry i cant stop my self from...

rise up!
What happened to the t-shirts and hoodies....
well done!
Wow! I want that book!!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info