EA Templar, or how to deal up to 350k dps.

Hey man I love your build I've started a templar and I've had some problems, first of all the mana cost of the skills are very high, and I havent gotten blood magic yet, I tried blood magic out once and killed myself almost everytime, the damage is insane but I just dont know how to play it without dying every 10 mins my current HP is 1200 at lvl 53

current gear
Spoiler

I would really like some advice thanks!!!
IGN: Dercaz pst away!!!
Whats ure potions?
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
IGN: Dercaz pst away!!!
I feel that Explosive Arrow would be much better with CI, vaal pact and ghost reaver, which ultimately neglects reflect monsters, and you would stack crit passives with fire damage nodes a little bit around. Thoughts on this?

Hardcore, of course.
No it wont.

If you Go on CI/gostreaver/vaalpakt/crit u get several new problems:

Problem 1:
U must invest mutch points in ES noodes.

Problem 2:
U cant use bloodmagic, without, u must spend mutch points in mana noodes, and still will have mana issues.

Problem 3:
Skill Gostreave/Vaalpakt/CI alone will cost a big bunch of points.

Problem 4:
Crit only becomes effective if you invest mtuch points in it

Problem 5:
U do not use resulute techniqe, so youre accuracy will be poor. Without accuracy, ure arrows offten miss the target, and in most case u wont be able to stack 5 stacks , casue it explodes bevore.

Problem 6:
U must support ure EA atleast with additional accuracy, lifeleech and manaleech to get a use yout of youre skilltree. 3 supportgems that increase the dmg of youre skill by nothing.

I dont know ho mutch skillpoints you have, iam limited to 120.
I do not say its impossible to build a CI/vaalact EA, but i say it will make more new problems than it solves. After all, u will have possible a bit more endurence, but u will be constantly annoyed beeing out of mana, have empty flask, miss the enemys and have a not sattisfying killspeed.
For HC, my build isnt recomended (but still, i insipred a HC player to try it, hes around lvl 60 now... crazy dudes are crazy o.O), but i think a CI/Gostreaver EA would be the worst choice for hc.
Better than modify my skilltree by push away some dmg, skipp the shock part, and choose a other armor and a more defensive/healthintensive gear.

@Hakyu:
If you use bloodmagic, you are able to have more lifepotions in youre spacebaar. I also recomend a Quicksilver flask instead a granite. In my kind of Build, you must be able to evade the projektiels, or get room between the mob and you, to shoot without beeing hited. Not to take less dmg out of hits.

Obey the Orb:
I'm working on my own version of an EA Templar at the moment and since this is the most popular thread on the topic I've decided to just drop my question in here...

I'm about to do Act 2 Cruel and I'm not quite sure when it comes to the Bandit rewards whats best to take Skill Point or Attack Speed?
I would preefer the skillpoint. At all u not need more attackspeed. Not realy.

Obey the Orb:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
No it wont.

If you Go on CI/gostreaver/vaalpakt/crit u get several new problems:

Problem 1:
U must invest mutch points in ES noodes.

Problem 2:
U cant use bloodmagic, without, u must spend mutch points in mana noodes, and still will have mana issues.

Problem 3:
Skill Gostreave/Vaalpakt/CI alone will cost a big bunch of points.

Problem 4:
Crit only becomes effective if you invest mtuch points in it

Problem 5:
U do not use resulute techniqe, so youre accuracy will be poor. Without accuracy, ure arrows offten miss the target, and in most case u wont be able to stack 5 stacks , casue it explodes bevore.

Problem 6:
U must support ure EA atleast with additional accuracy, lifeleech and manaleech to get a use yout of youre skilltree. 3 supportgems that increase the dmg of youre skill by nothing.

I dont know ho mutch skillpoints you have, iam limited to 120.
I do not say its impossible to build a CI/vaalact EA, but i say it will make more new problems than it solves. After all, u will have possible a bit more endurence, but u will be constantly annoyed beeing out of mana, have empty flask, miss the enemys and have a not sattisfying killspeed.
For HC, my build isnt recomended (but still, i insipred a HC player to try it, hes around lvl 60 now... crazy dudes are crazy o.O), but i think a CI/Gostreaver EA would be the worst choice for hc.
Better than modify my skilltree by push away some dmg, skipp the shock part, and choose a other armor and a more defensive/healthintensive gear.

@Hakyu:
If you use bloodmagic, you are able to have more lifepotions in youre spacebaar. I also recomend a Quicksilver flask instead a granite. In my kind of Build, you must be able to evade the projektiels, or get room between the mob and you, to shoot without beeing hited. Not to take less dmg out of hits.

I see.

The reason i wanted to go CI/vaal pact/ghost reaver was only because i liked the build originally, but i think i would kill myself instantly on reflect. Although, i will try it out and maybe post progress how it went.

ty for feedback
Try it, maybe it works better than i thought.

Obey the Orb:
"
Hakyu wrote:
Hey man I love your build I've started a templar and I've had some problems, first of all the mana cost of the skills are very high, and I havent gotten blood magic yet, I tried blood magic out once and killed myself almost everytime, the damage is insane but I just dont know how to play it without dying every 10 mins my current HP is 1200 at lvl 53

current gear

[omitted]

I would really like some advice thanks!!!

Hey, a few thoughts. I think you are going to have a rough go of it having to manage a very low health pool + keeping up a mana pool (especially considering the high mana cost of EA). Maybe try swapping out your helmet, gloves and belt for gear that has +life and better resists. That should boost your ability to survive a good deal and enable you to take blood magic and only have to manage one resource. Also consider swapping split arrow with lightning arrow, I noticed an improvement in LGOH performance using LA.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info