EA Templar, or how to deal up to 350k dps.

Not every one can be born in a land with english as main language.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
First off, thank you for posting your build and the information in your original post.

Under the passive skill tree you said:

*** Ill describe my path of... Skilltree (little flat joke) later in the 4. How to Play/Mechanics section.

I have a lvl 43 templar and would very much appreciate it if you would describe the path you took as you leveled.

I have the bow necessary: When did you begin to attempt to go for 5L and/or 6L sockets on the bow. I also have some of the other gear, I would only be looking at a 9 pt respec to make the change.

Also, if you were offered a "Full Respec" what if anything would you change?

Thank you

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
I have a lvl 43 templar and would very much appreciate it if you would describe the path you took as you leveled.

Uhmm, thats hard. It was my second character after open beta had started, so i realy dont know anymore. I changed mutch of my skills, as i already was lvl 70. Have used around 30 regret for this char atm, cause i testet mutch.

How you skill, depends on ure playstyle. if you dont care about dying at low/mid lvl, u can first went all keystone passives, and ignore hp.

"
Ishkabibble wrote:
I have the bow necessary: When did you begin to attempt to go for 5L and/or 6L sockets on the bow. I also have some of the other gear, I would only be looking at a 9 pt respec to make the change.

I started to roll the armor around lvl 70 (was need 40 +-5 fusings for 6L) and the bow at lvl 72.

The build also wotks with 4 links. It is than only less comfortable, and has less item find.

Bow 4 L: EA+Conc effect+chanche to ignite+ Itemrrarity/quantity/lifeleech/faster attacks
4 L armor: EA+added ldmg+chanche to ignite+elemtal proliferation

Works, but u not will leech life, and the explosion is not that big.

"
Ishkabibble wrote:
Also, if you were offered a "Full Respec" what if anything would you change?

Actualy no. Everything fine for me.

Obey the Orb:
Obviously a default build and you'll hit a brick wall leveling from dying all the time. I guess you can have fun farming though.

You also have Dex gear requirements (cheap in Default I imagine) to use your gems because you get none from the passive tree.

Marauder
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUj38fLgpLu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7cT2PC3Grv4K8kXnY7c-eriuk26qPycqTRUgLOndDfzFZ6CHdkp9ytMZtGqT1e3AD9JNvqdbrxjbdPGeuSFgQKDvTjIJBS1gS3rvdO1DnA6tKaWsqnKpfNlZ88AakFWnhBo47DgpT4Kb5CIabBmFJKo26eNqV-J35TKJBLMUTfAfAnGiAIM473w8BZ_fi4zhc-0gplc64Yjxna6nCI9G0NCboWe97m_PZVXGFm8=

Here's basically something you could do and have a lot more survivability, link Blood Magic gem to all skills and slap some auras on your mana pool.
U need not that mutch dex.

A you look my skilltree, you could see, that i easy could have 112 base dex. A light qiver with 39+ dex would be enought then.

Again, this builds goal is not to tank everything, its only to have enought survivability to not being one hit and maximize the possible dmg.
Also, you see my build do not has equip including mutch evasion/armor, so if i choosed the path you choose, i would gain only some hp/armor by loosing massive burn duration/fire dmg, shock duration/lighning dmg, aoe and cannot be stunned. Also i must change my equip dramaticaly to get a use out of Iron reflexes. The 16% flat phys dmg reduction from the cloak are equivalent to a average ammount of armor. Also, it would make the shock part nearly pointless, cause i would loose the half of my shock duration/lighning dmg.
I also would loose a supportgem in each skill i use, what would me hit back far away from the goal i was looking for. Also the hp use of the arrow would explode. So i effective loose the same %of hp when iam attack as i already do.
What i would gain for? Auras.
What we have there:

Haste: the build not needs more attackspeed
Anger: yay, destroy my own build
Harted: 2 cold dmg more
Wrath(easy to use with blood magic): 100 ldmg on attack more
Vitaly: 1,5%hp reg, good in youre build, a drop on a hot stony in my
Grace(easy to use with blood magic): 1000+ evas, i cannot evade attacks, pointless
Discipline: some hp that do not regenrate in combat or chaos dmg maps
Purity: the only aura that i would have use for

You see? Not worth the whole thing in my build. In yours it clearly has it advantages.

As long as i play this build in party with a fixed group i not have mutch problems dying, cause i can stay back, and the other one must only tank the monsters for 2 seconds.

I dont say my build is the best choice, i dont say my build is the best that is currently out, but i say my build deals currently the most dmg combined with a fluid, dropintensive and challanging gameplay.

Actualy lvl 80, and i see no brickwalls, only the path is a little bit stony.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 21, 2013, 3:53:59 AM
ISO your my hero and I love the concept / ideas around your build

I play mainly in groups and slot of lightning arrow here's so I really found just a bit of cold damage to trigger vuln to cold and fire was enough let them shock stack I also haven't had the same issues with anger ruining me probably due to not playing with a large enough group and in all honesty dropping equilibrium and retalenting it isn't the worst problem for a night of mapping.

Wanted to add the possible variation of a really upfront EA build I don't have up burn/statis ailments but I do run around with like 8-9 k health (in main gear) can run near full rarity and haven't died since like 60 even using near full rarity gear in maps.

Danke for your time and theory crafting

Edit: Also amazed your not interested in grace endgame, few more talents towards unwavering / it solved all my dex issues can't be stunned is always amazing but then the grace adds to being a substantial amount of damage reduction imagine the only issue your having ^^ kill or be killed :p
Last edited by kilikai on Mar 21, 2013, 5:27:07 AM
I must invest 6 points to get Iron reflexes, and only have around 350 evas. With grace it would be 1500 evas. I have no armor increase, and not mutch dex, so i would end up around 1700 armor/-213hp for 6 points. 5 points if i respec the 30 dex on top. 1700 Armor are bring me nothing against high physic dmg dealer, cause the mechanics of physical dmg. They will still hurt my as i would have no armor, with the loss of 213 hp, it ends up that i would be weaker against one hit phys monsters. Only minor phys dmg sources would get supstitant reduced dmg, but this ones i easy can negate with instant potions.

For 6 ponts i also can gain 10 str and 48% increase life. That would increase my survival potential mutch more.

Armor mechanics: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Armor#Mechanics

Obey the Orb:
You are a hero. It's great to see people taking builds to the next level.

And someone said you must take HP nodes in this game... silly.

Why do you want this build tweaked though? It's obviously a glass cannon build and I don't think you would survive much in harder maps - level 70 is not that much. Also, what about elemental reflect mobs? Dealing so much damage and having so little HP surely kills you once the reflecting begins.

I am also curious, what is your death count?

PS. I like a lot how you've experimented so much. I hope you enjoy your build, because that's the only thing that matters.
Last edited by f0xx on Mar 21, 2013, 9:54:38 AM
Elemental reflect is the thing that kills me at most. 2 arrows, more than 3 enemys hit with (not hard with this aoe) kills me. Sometimes i die, cause i het them offscreen.

The death count will be prety high xD

What chat command to see it?

Mostly, i whant it tweaked, cause i start to not play other chars... thats why i avoid mainstream chars, they often works to good.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 21, 2013, 10:23:40 AM
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
Elemental reflect is the thing that kills me at most. 2 arrows, more than 3 enemys hit with (not hard with this aoe) kills me. Sometimes i die, cause i het them offscreen.

The death count will be prety high xD

What chat command to see it?

Mostly, i whant it tweaked, cause i start to not play other chars... thats why i avoid mainstream chars, they often works to good.

So there you go - your character has a glaring weakness. Why want it fixed then, if it's not broken? If it had incredible offensive power while having incredible defensive power (survivability as they call it), then it would have been broken. As it is now, it's simply a glass cannon, and nothing more :)

"/death" (or was it "/deaths") will show your death count.
Last edited by f0xx on Mar 21, 2013, 10:30:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info