EA Templar, or how to deal up to 350k dps.

Than i also loose 30 % increase aoe.

The shock is important for all monsters who alive. The weaker fall, shock the stronger to fall also (ass you see in the vid with the boss)

Expecialy vs hexproof rares and champs or hard fire resistent mobs the shock is worth gold.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 4, 2013, 9:30:46 AM
I use fire pen rather that life leech, but I don't suppose you can do that as you have a life pool of around 1/3 the size of mine, but that always helps me with bosses/rares.
Last edited by Pastromy on Apr 4, 2013, 9:31:53 AM
I think i was reading somewhere, that the firepenetration NOT works on the EA explosion, cause fire penetration is an "on hit" effect, and the explosion of EA isnt a hit.
So only the hit of the arrow will get reduced fireresistence (what not makes any sense).

I go check the EA thread.

€:Fire penetration works.

€2: Multi target EA:
Burn dmg/sec without firepenetration and shock: 11522
Burn dmg/sec with firepenetration but without shock: 13168
Burn dmg/sec without firepenetration but with shock: 25348

So it only makes sense vs very fireresistent, curse immune mobs. So i would put it in the Single target EA, when i get a 6 linked quill rain.

In the multi target, the shock is obivios more effective, even when i apply only one stack.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 4, 2013, 12:43:04 PM
Are you sure that the explosion does lightning damage, because I was under the impression that only the initial hit did.
It does.
Iam apply often instant 2-3 shock stacks impossible with one arrow. The sound of the explosion changing from pure fire hit sound to fire/lighning hit sound, what is very loud if you hit mutch monsters.
Also the hit animation of fire and lighting is displayed.. take a look at second 4 in the video, pause it, and play it slow..u see the explosion on each monster displays fire and lighning dmg.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 4, 2013, 12:45:45 PM
Need some help.
Got an idea of something like this:
"

Planning to use Frenzy + Power charge + LoH + LMP|Chain|... as a support-attack to get life and stack and maintain charges.
And some questions about it.
1. How does crit works for EA? If I would make 5 fuse and only 3rd one would be crit then will explosion crit or not? Or may be the last fuse should be a crit to make crit from expolsion? Or something else?
2. Do the "Bow" passives work for it? It isn't written in a tree that those are WEAPON or ATTACK so as I understand they will be applied. Am I right?
May be I'm totally wrong with that build?
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
Last edited by Immundissime on Apr 5, 2013, 6:05:54 AM
I not recomend a manabased build (but its possible). The manaconsum off the skill is among the highest in game.

I clearly not recomend a crit based build.

The "increase bow dmg" passives do not work, because the explosion of EA isnt weaapon based dmg.(thats why quillrain is the one and only bow)

Explosive arrow has a 5% crit that works like any other crit. Not each fuse gets a critroll. When the arrow exploeds, it checks the number fuses, calculating the AOE and BASEdmg based on the fuse charge, make a crit roll and thats it.
The problem is, you wear a bow so you loose all benefits from weapons for crit makes not worth it to go on crit and stack accuracy. Simple skill Resolute techniqe makes it way more effective.

Obey the Orb:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
I not recomend a manabased build (but its possible). The manaconsum off the skill is among the highest in game.

I clearly not recomend a crit based build.

The "increase bow dmg" passives do not work, because the explosion of EA isnt weaapon based dmg.(thats why quillrain is the one and only bow)

Explosive arrow has a 5% crit that works like any other crit. Not each fuse gets a critroll. When the arrow exploeds, it checks the number fuses, calculating the AOE and BASEdmg based on the fuse charge, make a crit roll and thats it.
The problem is, you wear a bow so you loose all benefits from weapons for crit makes not worth it to go on crit and stack accuracy. Simple skill Resolute techniqe makes it way more effective.

Ok, thx for help!
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
I liked this build so much that a reworked it for those interested in using it in HC. (To get all I needed plus survivability, it has been done as a witch base)

The build
Spoiler

Aiming to run wrath, clarity and purity with a large mana pool.

using added lightning, weapon elemental damage on split shot to shock then EA with optimal supports.

As a bonus the build is chaos immune and able to grab free frenzy charges via bloodrage.

Thanks again for the idea OP, I suppose I should take this to the witch forum if anyone is interested.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Apr 6, 2013, 2:37:53 AM
Looks interrsting, and could work, eventualy even better than mine. The only problems i see is that u will lack a bit of burn duration, cause i dont think you will wear the cloak if you go on CI. Also u miss the burnduration down in the str tree, so you will have an overall burn duration less about 80%. And the manaconsume will be heavy.
Also i see a little fault in youre tree, you can have 2% energy shield and 10% evas more, if you resspec 2 points in the 8% noodes at witch, and put them in the 8% and 10% at shadow nullification tree.

What you link to splitshoot then? weapon ele, added ligning, ele proof? I still think its not possible to Shock effectivly with splitshoot+quillrain. maybe wear wake of destruktion.

€Testet it, its possible to shock weaker targets,but you must change the gameplay a bit..normaly u do 5 stack arrows, curse, curse, splithoot, boom, but only in the best case, u are able to set up one single splittshot bevore the explosion occrs. Without chain, u maximal hit 3 targets, and youre shockhcanhce will be maximal at 35%. So you shock only one times, than all weaker targets a dead and you are not able to shock rares/bosses.

So you must curse bevore, than 5 stack, than 2-x splitshoots.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 6, 2013, 2:29:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info