EA Templar, or how to deal up to 350k dps.

Iam glad to help you :)
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
i iso thanks for the build and tips. got a few questions.

1. I shoot 1 - 5 explosive arrows then shoot split arrow. sometimes they are resist fire sometimes lightning sometimes resist all elemental damage. why is it random? and if I shoot another split arrow sometimes it changes.
my lightning damage is highest of 3 and fire lowest.

2. what is safe hps. I am level 55 with 1600 hps. I almost get 1 shot.

3. any way to deal with elemental reflect?

tx
1: It not matters whats ure highest elemental dmg on hit, the EE trigger is chosen random from one element on hit. So get as fastest as you can away from any source of fire dmg.

2: dont know, i play with 2,2k, 80 all res and a flat phys dmg reduction of 16%. Requires some dodging, but its enought for me.

3: shoot only one arrow(the elemetal proliferation one), double curse, split shoot, than run circles and let the burn do the job. If the burn ends, shoot another arrow.
If only the boss iss alive, you should be able to shot more than one arrow. Remember that he "reflects" the dmg, so he will deal large ammounts of fire dmg to you. Fire resistence is the most important resistent for this build and should be always as high as possible.

Obey the Orb:
If I were to do this build as a Marauder for the increased survivability and to avoid wasting a point in the Templar's 40% mana regeneration, what points would you remove from your build? (12 points would need to be removed, 13 if we include the 40% mana regeneration passive)
Last edited by Zumulus on Mar 25, 2013, 3:32:03 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_JSddSWeb1I8ZLiftud3vDvIvrKpZ88AakFWnhBo47Dg62Hy7xYrwHwSzFE0CcaIAgzjvfDwFn99mnvrSHRSPRtDQz2VVxpuhZ73ub_TppwjYJDbFNtjxbOxViBvvhR8CBAeXlVJTPV9Msy0fjRngEt2MtYWdrhJpFxxxeXKpfNn3MvjrQaoUcQYOA8b9C2P9Ja0J9g48OlLfv4ZgVgRhUp_LYIgote9OMglAoAUtYEt673TtNunjatrd890=

Thats what i would skill him as a marauder. It hase mutch more %HP/base HP/HPreg and +5%cres, but -51%ldmg, -67%fdmg, -7%fres and -7%lres. Will be hard to trigger the shock then. U could respec the two +4% increase aoe talents to get 18%ldmg/12%lres at sorc tree.
But the build still should work.

€or maybe ignore the templar tree complete. Could work too.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 25, 2013, 11:19:13 AM
After looking at the Marauder skill tree you posted, I started to really like the idea. I spent a lot of time today trying to do the perfect build for me (being tanky and being able to do a good amount of damage) and I think finally did it.

My goal was to have at least 200% increased maximum life, high life regen, a lot of armor, a good amount of evasion, and of course, a good amount of fire damage/burn damage. The problem is, I didn't have enough skill points. I kept ending up with too many skill points used (close to 120, which is not a good idea). I couldn't do it.

After a while I think I finally found the solution. As a Marauder who wants to be tanky, I think I can't afford to go for lightning damage and shock duration so I scratched that. The thing is, I don't play in groups a lot so putting shock on the mobs would end up being overkill for me. I removed the points leading to Static Blows and all the ones with lightning damage/shock duration and kept Elemental Equilibrium. I would still use Split Arrow but instead of trying to have it deal a lot of lightning damage, I would simply get a piece of gear with either cold or lightning damage or even use Wrath lvl 1 if necessary, just enough to trigger Elemental Equilibrium. I think it could work. I am still trying to decide on some stuff, but I think I'm on the right path.

This build has a total of:

+350 to Strength
+94 to Dexterity (could be a problem, will try to get a good Light Quiver and/or Onyx Amulet)
+114 to Intelligence

+285 to maximum Life
215% increased maximum Life (I can add +3 points and get up to 239% if I want)
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second

+35% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance

96% increased Armour
32% increased Evasion Rating and Armour

20% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage
66% increased Fire Damage
80% increased Burning Damage
31% increased Elemental Damage

12% increased Attack Speed

I eventually want to try to get to the Witch's Blast Radius keystone and maybe Fire Walker like in your build, but I don't know if I will be able to or if it really is necessary. I can also decide not to take the Body and Soul passive circle near the templar and instead go the Elementalist route and get more damage while sacrificing some armor and resists, but that route requires 3 extra points. If fire damage or burn duration is a problem, I can also easily get those because I left out some +6% fire damage passives.

Let me know what you think! :D
Build is clearly fun to play, dmg is huge. Although DAT HP!!!!!! Defo needs to be adjusted for HC or for anyone who wants to get past lvl90 in this century. Cause 2.2k hp is one shot by dsynced rolling golem or jump from goatmen etc with that armor.
IGN: Seze
"
Zumulus wrote:
After looking at the Marauder skill tree you posted, I started to really like the idea. I spent a lot of time today trying to do the perfect build for me (being tanky and being able to do a good amount of damage) and I think finally did it.

My goal was to have at least 200% increased maximum life, high life regen, a lot of armor, a good amount of evasion, and of course, a good amount of fire damage/burn damage. The problem is, I didn't have enough skill points. I kept ending up with too many skill points used (close to 120, which is not a good idea). I couldn't do it.

After a while I think I finally found the solution. As a Marauder who wants to be tanky, I think I can't afford to go for lightning damage and shock duration so I scratched that. The thing is, I don't play in groups a lot so putting shock on the mobs would end up being overkill for me. I removed the points leading to Static Blows and all the ones with lightning damage/shock duration and kept Elemental Equilibrium. I would still use Split Arrow but instead of trying to have it deal a lot of lightning damage, I would simply get a piece of gear with either cold or lightning damage or even use Wrath lvl 1 if necessary, just enough to trigger Elemental Equilibrium. I think it could work. I am still trying to decide on some stuff, but I think I'm on the right path.

This build has a total of:

+350 to Strength
+94 to Dexterity (could be a problem, will try to get a good Light Quiver and/or Onyx Amulet)
+114 to Intelligence

+285 to maximum Life
215% increased maximum Life (I can add +3 points and get up to 239% if I want)
5.4% of Life Regenerated per Second

+35% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance

96% increased Armour
32% increased Evasion Rating and Armour

20% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage
66% increased Fire Damage
80% increased Burning Damage
31% increased Elemental Damage

12% increased Attack Speed

I eventually want to try to get to the Witch's Blast Radius keystone and maybe Fire Walker like in your build, but I don't know if I will be able to or if it really is necessary. I can also decide not to take the Body and Soul passive circle near the templar and instead go the Elementalist route and get more damage while sacrificing some armor and resists, but that route requires 3 extra points. If fire damage or burn duration is a problem, I can also easily get those because I left out some +6% fire damage passives.

Let me know what you think! :D

Should be defently more tanky.
I would recomend to get atleast the 20% shock and the 60% shock duration. The shock amplyfies the dmg massive, and is one of the keythings of the high dmg.

The dex should not be such an big problem. A Light quiver will nearly give you all of the required dex.

"
_Seze_ wrote:
Build is clearly fun to play, dmg is huge. Although DAT HP!!!!!! Defo needs to be adjusted for HC or for anyone who wants to get past lvl90 in this century. Cause 2.2k hp is one shot by dsynced rolling golem or jump from goatmen etc with that armor.

U are not one hit, u still have a FLAT phys dmg reduction of 16%. Thats a adorable ammount vs high single target sources of phys dmg. When something hit you with 3k phys dmg, and u have 6000 armor, u will end up with 14% phys dmg reduction against that dmg.

The golems need atleast 3 hits, the gotmans 4. Enought time to drink the instant heal poitions.

And yes, the build is not recommended for HC, its a softcore mf build. If i would put off all that mf stuff, and change the helmet to an defensive one, 3-3,5k hp and more armor are possible. Still not mutch, still nothing for HC, but easy enought to not constantly die.

The highest dmg reduction u can have with a range build is the dmg reduction throught a defensive playstyle.

I Love the risky, challanging gameplay of the low hp, and iam not the dude that plays 30h to get one more lvl.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 26, 2013, 2:23:35 PM

Hey Dude kannst du mir bitte mal deinen Ingame Namen per PM schicken :) ? hab n paar fragen wegen dem build ^^ vor allem das mit den flüchen check ich nicht
I'm little bit worried about the "Gear depended" part. I'm not very good at making ub3r 1337 gear, I don't like to farm much and sit for an hours making the perfect gear, is it really so dependent, or I can go with medium gear too (let's say I will find the bow, I like weapons ^_^)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info