EA Templar, or how to deal up to 350k dps.

"
EinzigerAI wrote:

I don't find EE conducive to my playstyle even if I run into curse immune monsters I normally run bear traps on my boots to circumvent that, as of now however the molten shell is for testing purposes. EE is a great keystone but for whatever reason it just bothers me having to use it.

I also run gmp on my EA because gmp doesn't have any affect on the the explosion damage and the extra arrows affords me to drop chance to ignite and run increased aoe. I'm not 100% sure if the extra burn duration on quality chance to ignite is worth it when I have close to 100% increase area of effect.

Its, when right used, -50% fireres with a faster cast time than any curse for free mana cost.

Also, you are not right (anymore) with you saying, that gmp doesnt effect the explosion dmg. It Does effect the explosion dmg, and lowers it by OVERALL 50%, so youre explosions and ignites with it are 50% less powerfull.

With only a little bit of modification, and 0% loose of any survivability, youre build could do up to 50%, 50% and 50% MORE dmg. (different sources of more dmg are multiplikative)

If i would be you, i would give it a try.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 12, 2013, 2:05:30 AM
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
"
EinzigerAI wrote:

I don't find EE conducive to my playstyle even if I run into curse immune monsters I normally run bear traps on my boots to circumvent that, as of now however the molten shell is for testing purposes. EE is a great keystone but for whatever reason it just bothers me having to use it.

I also run gmp on my EA because gmp doesn't have any affect on the the explosion damage and the extra arrows affords me to drop chance to ignite and run increased aoe. I'm not 100% sure if the extra burn duration on quality chance to ignite is worth it when I have close to 100% increase area of effect.

Its, when right used, -50% fireres with a faster cast time than any curse for free mana cost.

Also, you are not right (anymore) with you saying, that gmp doesnt effect the explosion dmg. It Does effect the explosion dmg, and lowers it by OVERALL 50%, so youre explosions and ignites with it are 50% less powerfull.

With only a little bit of modification, and 0% loose of any survivability, youre build could do up to 50%, 50% and 50% MORE dmg. (different sources of more dmg are multiplikative)

If i would be you, i would give it a try.

Since it is affected by projectile damage with gmp at its level I'm currently only losing 16% damage per explosive arrow, however I'm drastically increasing the amount of arrows exploding. I can put in 20 arrows in roughly a second that all stack compared to the 5. Regardless of whether all my arrows stack it is still more damage in that area.

That said you can run a level 20 LMP and gain 8% projectile damage and 2 more explosive arrows. This further increases your chance to ignite and makes it less dependent on the chance to ignite gem.

If I can find another good max life res ring w/o fire damage on it I'll put EE back on try it. But like I've said it seems trivial for my play style to worry about managing it.
"
EinzigerAI wrote:

Since it is affected by projectile damage with gmp at its level I'm currently only losing 16% damage per explosive arrow, however I'm drastically increasing the amount of arrows exploding. I can put in 20 arrows in roughly a second that all stack compared to the 5. Regardless of whether all my arrows stack it is still more damage in that area.

That said you can run a level 20 LMP and gain 8% projectile damage and 2 more explosive arrows. This further increases your chance to ignite and makes it less dependent on the chance to ignite gem.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
First, thank you for youre post, you forced me to calculate again, and i found out, that i made a big fault in my first calculation(i totaly forgot to throw in the increased fire dmg i got)! I updated the inital post with the (now hopefully) correct numbers. I think now its more understandable why i whant to have a fix on my build.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I see, you do not understand the big difference between "increased" and "more" (or "reduced" and "less") damage.

A lvl 20 lmp/gmp will nerarly decrese the dmg by the same ammount than a lvl 1 in this build. The leveled bonus damage from lmp/gmp (the "increased") is ADDIDITVE with all youre other fire/projektiel/whatever dmg.
The "less" projektil dmg of lmp/gmp is MULTIPLIKATIVE, its a multiplier, that is trown in at end. So it gets calculated, what damage you would deal, and THEN you deal 30% less with lmp/ 50% less with gmp.

As you see in my damage calculation, u see, that the impact damage of this build isnt the thing what makes all the dmg. Its only a minor dmg at start.

Here the overall burndmg i would deal, if i use a lvl 20 gmp: 343423 over 8,6 sec instead of 603883 over 8.6 seconds

Obey the Orb:
why aren't you using the fire penetration gem?

I'm not into PoE math, so sorry if it's that obvious.
Doesn't it work with EA or is EE+curse enough -fire resi
"
why aren't you using the fire penetration gem?

I'm not into PoE math, so sorry if it's that obvious.
Doesn't it work with EA or is EE+curse enough -fire resi

In the multiEA, i simply not need it, there not will be groups of monsters who alive a 5 stack of it/there are no curse immune normal monsters in game yet.

In the singletargetEA i would use it as the 6th socket...could use it allready, but wont give up item quantity. When i get a 6L quillrain, firepenetration will be the 6th socket.

Obey the Orb:
I just read through this thread, very interesting read indeed. I went in opposite direction with my EA build, that is no EE/BM. Still learning the game as I am quite new but wanted to try EA as soon as I found it some time ago. So basically I went mana regen and EB. I know my damage is much less than yours and I dont use burn so much but it is still good newbie build. Mana regen isnt a big problem as of now but it can get nasty is I ever get 5l-6l. Here is my path if anyone wants to take a look at it:

and my current gear (just went broke by purchasing chitus haha)

Spoiler

Currently at level 70 and aiming for reduced mana reservation and reduced mana cost in the future. Running clarity/haste/discipline and decoy totem to gather creatures around it for a big bang.

Oh, and I just read about GMP. D'OH! I haven't levelled it at all...

Anyway, your thoughts on this build Mr IsodorRodosi would be greatly appreciated.
Boom baby! Mad_And_Dumb.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
I not say GMP is bad, it still has its pros, and its fun to play.

When it comes to dmg its still stronger than the most skills, but far behind a Burning dmg based build without GMP.
To lvl an EA-based character, its better to go at start on GMP and bomb throught the acts. The burning dmg gets only strong against monstergroups if the ignitechanche and elemetal prof has got some lvl.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 16, 2013, 2:21:57 PM
Hey man, this seems like an awesome build. My templar is currently lvl ~24ish and so far I'm really liking the build. I imagine at higher levels it'll become even more awesome, but atm I'm already clearing rooms in as few as 2 seconds. Can't wait until I reach BM though, because I drain my manapool in literally 2 seconds, if that.

Right when I was about to make a post with a question about Iron Grip, I double-checked the wiki and found out that I had misread. I will post my question anyway, in case other people make the same mistake as me :D

Q: Why don't you use Iron grip? In the build you posted you have ~240 str, which would roughly translate into a ~50% damage increase of both the initial hit AND the explosion, since both are considered projectile damage?

A1: Iron Grip only increases the physical damage of projectile attacks, not the elemental damage. The explosion is purely Fire.

A2: Iron Grip is only realistically reachable by sacrificing other key aspects to the build, like Golem's Blood, Blast Radius, etc

Do you have anything to add to this?

bump
I was playing around with the skill tree on this not to improve it but to see what classes can pull this off from there starting points on the passive skill tree.

The Witch was just as easy as Templar.

The Maurader and Shadow come in next.

Then Duelist last place.

But! I just could not pull it off with the freaking Ranger you know that dedecated bow guy.

So I find it realy funny that every other class can pull off one of the most devestating bow builds but the Ranger herself.

:)
Elder Wand Power!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info