EA Templar, or how to deal up to 350k dps.

ah good call on optimizing the build. i'll change that up.

Also and im not sure yet exactly but using a quality Lightning Arrow might be better for applying the shock stacks, although very mana intensive.

I wonder if you used a different bow for applying the shock on weapon swap with Higher lightning damage or base physical how that would work out, or will the shock debuffs go away when you swap back?
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Apr 6, 2013, 2:43:31 AM
I whought about weapon swap, but i actualy use it to lvl gems for an other build.

The best weapon for secondary weapon slot should be searing touch....if it works, not tested yet.

Ligning arrow would be benefit more from its quality and hit one target more. But at all it will deal less lightning dmg, because it has only 70% dmg effectiveness instead of 80%at split shoot.

€searing touch not works, the burning dmg gets only one time definited, not every second new. So secondary slot is free to use.
Maybe it works if i would swap bevore it explodes..but i cant wear my robe with secundary slot, what will reduce the burn duration and the ignite chanche.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 6, 2013, 3:01:52 AM
I tryed out zombies the last days. Very effective blockers at all, they give me the 2 seconds to shoot the arrows and curses.

No more questions btw?

Obey the Orb:
What do you think about swapping the nodes with increased lightning damage (8 nodes which will give you 42% lightning damage, 2% castspeed, 15 lightning res and 15% Shock duration) and taking the 3 Weapon elemental damage nodes at the Templar three (50% Elemental weapon damage) so you get 5 points with which you can take 12% fire damage and 24% live for Example. Your abylity to shock on hit wont be affected i guess but what i am worriing about is if the shock spreads due to Elemental Proliferation on rare mobs and bosses.

Would look like this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEDxgQHBLMFLQVbBg4J9g48EmkUTRRxFxwaOB0UHwIlrSftKLUpTzIJNsU22DbpOlI8BT1fQKBBqkbXUlNVxlYEWfNgS2CIYVJj_WaeZ71xeXKpdO165nrvfNl9U4KbgziGYIdliBuLjI9GkFWXlZitm6GcLZ2Ana6fy5_fogCnCKeErKrAGs9l0NDUfNgk2t3dBd-_4XPjaudq7DjsVe0g7m_vTu9874XxbPPd9On3Mvjr-tL9C6cwFCBQRzKJd-VX4peFKo0=

Last edited by Huuuuargh on Apr 11, 2013, 12:29:06 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBS0FWwYOCfYOPBJpFCAUTRRxFm8XHBkuGYUaOB0UHwIkqiWtJ-0otSlPMgk2xTbYNuk6UjwFPV9AoEGqRtdQR1JTVcZWBFnzYEtgiGFSY_1mnnF5cql07Xrmeu982X1TgpuDOIZgh2WIG4uMj0aQVZeVnC2dgJ2un9-iAKcIpzCnhKyqud3AGs9l0NDUfNSP2CTa3d0F37_hc-Nq52rsOOxV7SDvDu9O73zvhfAf8WzyL_Pd9zL46_rS

My take on the build since starting it two weeks ago. I have zero need for shock since I'm constantly doing maps with two LA rangers. I've opted to move in for more survivability with health nodes and have been able to get just over 3700 health with my gear. The only other huge change I've made to the build is I dropped Cloak of Flame for Carcass Jack. More AoE and more aoe damage.

I affirmed this build is w/o a doubt map worthy when in a 76 map last night my entire party dc'd but me and I about 2 shot the boss with EA.

Here is my gear currently.

Overall I am so glad you made this build and I was able to modify it for myself. Hands down the most fun I've had on the game.
"
Huuuuargh wrote:
What do you think about swapping the nodes with increased lightning damage (8 nodes which will give you 42% lightning damage, 2% castspeed, 15 lightning res and 15% Shock duration) and taking the 3 Weapon elemental damage nodes at the Templar three (50% Elemental weapon damage) so you get 5 points with which you can take 12% fire damage and 24% live for Example. Your abylity to shock on hit wont be affected i guess but what i am worriing about is if the shock spreads due to Elemental Proliferation on rare mobs and bosses.
[/url]

Weapon elemtal dmg will only works for the inital arrow hit, NOT for the explosion of EA. So it will be nearly impossible for me to shock then.

"
EinzigerAI wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBS0FWwYOCfYOPBJpFCAUTRRxFm8XHBkuGYUaOB0UHwIkqiWtJ-0otSlPMgk2xTbYNuk6UjwFPV9AoEGqRtdQR1JTVcZWBFnzYEtgiGFSY_1mnnF5cql07Xrmeu982X1TgpuDOIZgh2WIG4uMj0aQVZeVnC2dgJ2un9-iAKcIpzCnhKyqud3AGs9l0NDUfNSP2CTa3d0F37_hc-Nq52rsOOxV7SDvDu9O73zvhfAf8WzyL_Pd9zL46_rS

My take on the build since starting it two weeks ago. I have zero need for shock since I'm constantly doing maps with two LA rangers. I've opted to move in for more survivability with health nodes and have been able to get just over 3700 health with my gear. The only other huge change I've made to the build is I dropped Cloak of Flame for Carcass Jack. More AoE and more aoe damage.

I affirmed this build is w/o a doubt map worthy when in a 76 map last night my entire party dc'd but me and I about 2 shot the boss with EA.

Yea, with 2 good LA ranger, shock should not be any problem.

Cloak of Flame isnt a must be. My kind of build highly profit from the high burn duration... so i have long lasting "safety zones" where no (melee) monster will touch me.

One question i have to you: Why u not use elemental Equilibrium? Its one point that gives you constatn -50% fireres to all enemys, if you drop the ring with the fire dmg.

Obey the Orb:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
"
Huuuuargh wrote:
[/url]

Weapon elemtal dmg will only works for the inital arrow hit, NOT for the explosion of EA. So it will be nearly impossible for me to shock then.

"
EinzigerAI wrote:

Yea, with 2 good LA ranger, shock should not be any problem.

Cloak of Flame isnt a must be. My kind of build highly profit from the high burn duration... so i have long lasting "safety zones" where no (melee) monster will touch me.

One question i have to you: Why u not use elemental Equilibrium? Its one point that gives you constatn -50% fireres to all enemys, if you drop the ring with the fire dmg.

I don't find EE conducive to my playstyle even if I run into curse immune monsters I normally run bear traps on my boots to circumvent that, as of now however the molten shell is for testing purposes. EE is a great keystone but for whatever reason it just bothers me having to use it.

I also run gmp on my EA because gmp doesn't have any affect on the the explosion damage and the extra arrows affords me to drop chance to ignite and run increased aoe. I'm not 100% sure if the extra burn duration on quality chance to ignite is worth it when I have close to 100% increase area of effect.
I'm replying to the original post, didn't read the 10 pages of comments

I don't think your build is overpowered. In damage numbers, perhaps, but it comes at the cost of a very low survivability. I think this could be a really cool character to farm currency on lower level maps, but I don't think you will ever be able to make it to lvl 100 if you're that fragile.

Good post though.
"
I'm replying to the original post, didn't read the 10 pages of comments

I don't think your build is overpowered. In damage numbers, perhaps, but it comes at the cost of a very low survivability. I think this could be a really cool character to farm currency on lower level maps, but I don't think you will ever be able to make it to lvl 100 if you're that fragile.

Good post though.

Look at the few posts above yours. I've been able to modify the build for higher survivability.

Also it should be known cloak of flame is considered the best mitigation chest around because of how it handles the incoming damage conversion to fire vs resists.
interesting build, different then the others. Sound fun just for the speed of it. I have the bow, 1-2 green sockets on it. Might try it just for the heck of it...lol!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info