[3.9](Updated) Durimon's Purifying Flame Miner, Starter, Extremely Cheap and Crazy Damage

Gona try this out! Pls add a section for gear to go beyond the cheap ones :D
you had me at hello

never played a miner before but thought heck, why not. Really liked Purifying Flame when I started to level on a different character and decided to start trying to build around that.

work, kid, etc don't get on a ton and league had started so decided I'd search. Well, this looked awesome. He gives us the barebones to be successful. I like that it doesn't have empower 4 or some insane unique to work.

I tweaked the tree a bit for my liking.

Xoph's Heart necklace let's you refund passives to Avatar of Fire. If I ever get to that (currently level 30). It does cost a bit.

I took his tree, added some life and threw in xoph's. This is to 111 passives used (lvl 90).

Could easily grab 2 more power charges for 4 passive cost. Or spend same 4 on phase acro.

I will play around with it some more and see if I can get more life without sacrificing damage.

4 jewel slots, only 2 used in pob. laziness on my part.
139% life

https://pastebin.com/NCvEmmgw

same gems and gear otherwise for now. Will see what OP adds. I don't watch streams so no idea where he is at outside of the post from previous page.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 18, 2019, 1:53:26 PM
Thank you very much for the build ~ was looking for sth other than arc miner again haha.
Just wondering, when we acquired Avatar of Fire (either from tree or amulet), we won't deal lightning and cold damage. In this case, how do we chill or shock enemies? If the enemies are not chilled or shocked, then we cannot benefit from our ascendant node Explosives Expert... hence dps drop as shown in PoB...
@UrHoNoR, with skitterbots
"
stefijumbo wrote:
@UrHoNoR, with skitterbots

!!! how could i miss that haha ~ thank you very much~~~
Duri~ Any update coming soon? Current skilltree, endgame options etc? :)
So I'm pushing red maps at this point. DPS seems decent still and for a miner build, this one is actually kind of fun. However, the increase in enemy damage at this point makes this build a true glass cannon. I die... a lot. And while I'm not min-maxed or anything, I have put some currency into the build. I'm not a PoE expert so there may be some great options that make this build much better defensively. I could pick up PA and more life, but considering I'm being one-shot - 1k more HP and a some more dodge probably isn't going to stop my character from getting decimated 1-2 times a map on anything T12 or higher. I'm gonna push a little further and at least max out my gems and annoint my amulet and see how it feels with some defensive changes.

Any tips or ideas are appreciated :)
"
JayCy wrote:
So I'm pushing red maps at this point. DPS seems decent still and for a miner build, this one is actually kind of fun. However, the increase in enemy damage at this point makes this build a true glass cannon. I die... a lot. And while I'm not min-maxed or anything, I have put some currency into the build. I'm not a PoE expert so there may be some great options that make this build much better defensively. I could pick up PA and more life, but considering I'm being one-shot - 1k more HP and a some more dodge probably isn't going to stop my character from getting decimated 1-2 times a map on anything T12 or higher. I'm gonna push a little further and at least max out my gems and annoint my amulet and see how it feels with some defensive changes.

The main and probably most standard way to improve eHP to survive those big nasty hits is basically switching a few key items around and allocating passives to the big scion life area.
- Get a 6L staff (tremor, shaped, or martyr of innocence).
- Replace amulet with Xoph's to get free AoF so those points can be spent going to scion life area.
- Kaom's heart chestpiece for that massive flat 500HP, with enough life % allocated you should reach over 6k HP with no issues.

Me personally, I got lucky and got a The Fiend card off a stacked deck yesterday and sold it, so I'm saving up and contemplating what will be the itemization I want for endgame. My current plan is to get a dirt cheap 6L Infernal Mantle, use a decent dagger, and get a shield with caster stats, life, and maybe a bit of resists if possible.

There's also going the CI route, I saw Balormage doing that with his PF miner last league and got to Delve 500+ with it, but I believe he also got over 7k ES on his build and fairly good dps too, seems like a bit of an investment, but like other things it too can work.

When I ran this last league, I had about 3.5k Life, 1.6k Mana (900 unreserved), and 1.1k ES. I was MoM based, and outside of really big nasty hits from the likes of Uber Elder or max level legion mobs or burst from juiced up guardians. I didn't die all that much, though I did wish I could've had maybe 1k+ more EHP as a cushion.
Last edited by reciprocate on Dec 19, 2019, 10:40:30 PM
Which should i need to focus on? Fire damage (spell damage) or Crit chance and Crit multi or Mine damage? ( include base stat and crafting )
"
JayCy wrote:

you can get more life on nearly every item you have. Sometimes 1000hp makes a difference.
you could try to change to a proper cwdt setup with enfeeble (instead of flammability)
oh and btw craft "fire dmg to SPELLS" on your wand. the current craft does nothing.
Last edited by daflipp on Dec 20, 2019, 1:20:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info