[3.9](Updated) Durimon's Purifying Flame Miner, Starter, Extremely Cheap and Crazy Damage

"
reciprocate wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I'm wondering if a lvl3 empower will outperform my 20/20 added fire damage.
Lvl3 empower is cheap (10 - 15c) compared to a lvl4 empower (7-8 ex).

Levels on PF seems to scale well. When I bought a lvl21 PF to replace my lvl20 PF the tooltip DPS went from 100k to 110k. My wand gives +1 all phys spell skills so currently running with a lvl22 PF. Getting this to 26 with a lvl4 empower seems amazing. Or, should I keep added fire and get 2 reds and put in empower instead of combustion?

Any thoughts?

Also, I noticed I'm being frozen/chilled often and while I have a potion for that it still annoys me. any neat solutions for that?

I ran my PF to level 28 last league. 21/20 PF, level 4 empower, at least a wand with +1 to phys, and +2 to duration corrupted implicit infernal mantle (wasn't CI, was mainly life). Empower and more levels were a better option due to the fact the shaped non chaos to chaos gained prefixes on 1H'ers didn't get nerfed. So having a higher base damage which gets converted to ele, then also converted to chaos yielded far more dps.

As for freezing/chilled, best to just get another flask like diamond or quicksilver to also remove freeze in case you didn't put it on Enduring (mine is on bleeding for enduring).

The question was empower level 3 versus added fire. Of course if you can get eight or more levels that could end up in a higher DPS.

The question I would have with your example is that your chest piece would not allow for a low life so would it actually be a higher DPS minus the extra auras and pain attunement?

My pob gave me the answer I posted
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I'm wondering if a lvl3 empower will outperform my 20/20 added fire damage.
Lvl3 empower is cheap (10 - 15c) compared to a lvl4 empower (7-8 ex).

Levels on PF seems to scale well. When I bought a lvl21 PF to replace my lvl20 PF the tooltip DPS went from 100k to 110k. My wand gives +1 all phys spell skills so currently running with a lvl22 PF. Getting this to 26 with a lvl4 empower seems amazing. Or, should I keep added fire and get 2 reds and put in empower instead of combustion?

Any thoughts?

Also, I noticed I'm being frozen/chilled often and while I have a potion for that it still annoys me. any neat solutions for that?

I ran my PF to level 28 last league. 21/20 PF, level 4 empower, at least a wand with +1 to phys, and +2 to duration corrupted implicit infernal mantle (wasn't CI, was mainly life). Empower and more levels were a better option due to the fact the shaped non chaos to chaos gained prefixes on 1H'ers didn't get nerfed. So having a higher base damage which gets converted to ele, then also converted to chaos yielded far more dps.

As for freezing/chilled, best to just get another flask like diamond or quicksilver to also remove freeze in case you didn't put it on Enduring (mine is on bleeding for enduring).

The question was empower level 3 versus added fire. Of course if you can get eight or more levels that could end up in a higher DPS.

The question I would have with your example is that your chest piece would not allow for a low life so would it actually be a higher DPS minus the extra auras and pain attunement?

My pob gave me the answer I posted

LL ES version of the build I ran last league would be detrimental. If you kept infernal mantle and ran LL, you'd take 25% increased spell damage all the time, also getting a Presence of Chayula would also be sacrificing other stats just for stun immunity and chaos res, and back in Blight league chaos damage was nowhere near as prevalent as it is this league. CI would've been a different and more reasonable option vs. LL for the stuff I ran, but all in all it wasn't a big issue. It was cheaper to do a standard HP build with some ES and even MoM if needed, the damage was there in spades as I've globaled shaper in between phases with it.
I did a quick check with a level 3 empower vs 20/20 added fire and tooltip DPS dropped from 113k to 104k. A level 4 empower will be slightly better but not worth the 7/8 exalts it costs.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
This build inspired my current build. thank you so much!

Here's a video of it :)

Almost 8k ehp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBwf9JeaUM
"
tingboy17 wrote:
This build inspired my current build. thank you so much!

Here's a video of it :)

Almost 8k ehp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBwf9JeaUM

instead of having to watch a youtube vid can you set your profile to public? I skimmed the vid super fast and no tree, no gear explanation, no gem setup...
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
instead of having to watch a youtube vid can you set your profile to public? I skimmed the vid super fast and no tree, no gear explanation, no gem setup...

It was just to show gameplay, and that the build the OP posted was viable and fun to play :)

I'll make a guide separately and do not intend to rape his thread. :)
Nice build, im still leveling mine adn farming itens, im lvl 71 and i got the weapon, chest, helmet and the circle ring, but my HP still at 2,5k and 300 Energy shield... how do you guys get all that flat HP 8k??

and how can i use Skitter bots + Herald of ash + grace together?? it is a total of 110% mana reserv.

and as a last question, i got a Tremor staff with 3 blue / 1 green / 2 withe sockets... what would be the best gems combination??? should i use chainblast?? fire damage? fire penetration? do i still need concentrate effect? or what is the recomended end game 6 gems??? if possible i would be happy to recive 2 sugestion for links, one for max dps and another for a more Tankness build.

thx alot!

Last edited by andrelb1 on Apr 9, 2020, 3:21:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info