[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Intensity and the Pinpoint Support
Intensity was introduced as a high-risk, high-reward mechanic for handcasting that lets you build up powerful concentrated damage while casting repeatedly, as long as you don't move and at the cost of area of effect. To improve the mechanic, we're lowering the base maximum Intensity to 3, while increasing all bonuses to compensate. This will make it faster to build up and lose intensity, while also putting more power on the passive tree notable that gives maximum Intensity.

We've changed the Intensity mechanic to be one we can build into other skills and supports, like Crackling Lance and the new Pinpoint Support. Pinpoint Support gives 3 additional projectiles, while each stack of Intensity will reduce the number of projectiles you fire by 1 while greatly increasing the skill's damage. By increasing your maximum Intensity you could lose all projectiles, so this support works well with spells that can easily gain additional projectiles.

How will this change affect the build? I never played this build but was gonna have it as a starter in 3.12.
Wondering the same as the above poster. I was thinking of starting with this build. Looks incredibly fun.
The way I understand it, Ice Nova cast on Frostbolt isn't considered a projectile (try using GMP/LMP to confirm), so I don't see why intensity stacks would decrease the number of Ice Nova expansions. In essence, this just means we reach max intensity sooner by a little, but the big potential upside is AOE. Depending on the way they adjust the intensity numbers, the novas could have much more AOE, allowing for more use cases of Conc Effect over Hypothermia or even going for a +1 max intensity node.
"
The way I understand it, Ice Nova cast on Frostbolt isn't considered a projectile (try using GMP/LMP to confirm), so I don't see why intensity stacks would decrease the number of Ice Nova expansions. In essence, this just means we reach max intensity sooner by a little, but the big potential upside is AOE. Depending on the way they adjust the intensity numbers, the novas could have much more AOE, allowing for more use cases of Conc Effect over Hypothermia or even going for a +1 max intensity node.

Are you starting with this build again? You helped me a lot on how to progress it here, thank you!
Thanks to the author!
Enjoyed the build very much. Couldn't finish upgrading it due to my casual playstyle, but still managed to clear all content.
Harvest league provided plenty of opportunities to craft some sick gear.

Haven't decided if will play it in the new league. Might try something else.
Hi Arcinde, will u be updating this build for Heist league ?
"
Trovarst wrote:
"

Are you starting with this build again? You helped me a lot on how to progress it here, thank you!

Probably not, but if what I'm planning on fails, I may do a hardswitch to this just to get my bosskilling up ASAP.
I might make some updates, I think it's 99% untouched by the patch.
Last edited by Arcinde on Sep 15, 2020, 10:40:20 PM
"
Arcinde wrote:
I might make some updates, I think it's 99% untouched by the patch.

Yes please :D
the only thing i am worried about this build is getting the cluster jewels without harvest help. They were kinda expensive and difficult to make even with harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info