[3.23] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 150m DPS | All Content

What would be the losses if we went witch + Elementalist for the immunity to reflect?
I'm also curious if there are other viable ascendancies like assassin/elementalist for pushing Low-life damage builds with a bit less survivability.
The core of the build (Pledge/Ice Nova) can work with a wide range of ascendancies - I've seen Elementalist, Occultist, Assassin, Trickster, Hierophant, Inquisitor, and Guardian. If you want maximum DPS you definitely go Low Life, and probably Assassin (not 100% sure). The top DPS version in 3.8 was a Low Life Elementalist:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/wby87/wbyhi
Last edited by Arcinde on Dec 11, 2019, 9:21:05 PM
Just updated the guide with some extra info on the budget build, leveling & league starting. Hopefully it helps out!
I'll probably never play this cuz I'm on SSF, but I have to say. Beautiful man. Simply fucking beautiful.
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
Since this build has a lot of dps, would it be better to switch to a watcher's eye with mod gain x% of maximum mana as extra maximum energy shield while affected by clarity for more survivability?
This looks so fun. I'm going to go straight at that Delve build. So done with melee. Thanks for the great guide. NOW I'm excited for the new season!

With the changes to cold skills in 3.9 is this going to be even stronger now? Or are there nerfs to this?

Thanks for making a starter build for this. That will really help with my first time trying these skills out! Cheers
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Dec 12, 2019, 3:11:15 AM
how many Ex orb need to start this awesomeness?
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
This looks so fun. I'm going to go straight at that Delve build. So done with melee. Thanks for the great guide. NOW I'm excited for the new season!

With the changes to cold skills in 3.9 is this going to be even stronger now? Or are there nerfs to this?

Thanks for making a starter build for this. That will really help with my first time trying these skills out! Cheers

I'm also curious whether the build becomes even stronger in 3.9?!
"
Iamod wrote:
I'll probably never play this cuz I'm on SSF, but I have to say. Beautiful man. Simply fucking beautiful.

I'm planning to play this in ssf, I'll let you know how it goes. Did a pre-day test run to a5 start + normal lab in a4 start, holy flame totem(4link) + wave of conviction(onslaught) is smooth. Acts 1 and 2 Frost bomb + wave of conviction is enough to wipe almost any white pack. Holy flame totem for single target and killing stragglers for the occasional extra charge for QS flask.

Holy flame totems are good though, could also rush ancestral bond and just spec out of it later. I think that alone should be enough to clear acts 1-10.

I plan to use Holy totems and wave of conviction till maps though. I tried using gmp frostbolt + ice nova, but it's just kinda too clunky in comparison to totem+conviction without more cast speed. I'll likely swap over to it once I get a 5l staff from "The Flora's Gift" and see if I can roll out something useable while farming for "The Pact" cards, though I might end up chancing one first since you can't target farm a specific map anymore from what I read only sectors.

I don't think ill be able to get it anywhere as strong as a trade version but the build looks fun. so figure it's worth a try.
Last edited by SilkySnow_ on Dec 12, 2019, 11:35:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info