[3.23] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 150m DPS | All Content

Extremely fun build! Im only mid 70 lvl but t16 maps are just cakewalk. But I think Immortal Call would be better than Steelskin. And I swapped both move skills for Lightning Warp since build already use Less Duration support.
Hey, I picked up this build a few days ago. I feel like I have pretty good gear, but my dps in PoB is about 2m, opposed to the 6m in the one linked in the first post. I noticed that my "skill hit damage" is substantially lower than his. I don't know much about PoB, but I'm assuming this is effected by skill gem level as well as by mods that say "adds x cold damage to spells." I also need to re-roll the health mods on my gloves and boots. I could certainly lose some resists for other mods too, which I will definitely look in to. My DPS in game, however, feels extremely low, especially on bosses. It takes me about 2-3 minutes to kill shaper map guardians. I do the rotation how he says: apply frost bomb/cold snap then frost bolt and spam ice novas on it. It's certainly possible that I am doing something wrong, but if anyone cares to take a look at my tree/gear and point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. ^.^

Edit: My Glorious Vanity is pretty bad as well. I got the aurabot one and don't want to reroll since I think it's actually fairly rare and worth a bit more than a typical one, but will eventually need to sell it and replace it.
Last edited by Path4Jesus on Jul 22, 2020, 7:14:59 PM
"
Shacheh wrote:
Updating status, this is one of the most ridicilous builds I've ever done.
I was planning on making the anti chill/freeze boots but I don't feel like I need that stuff for anything at all.
I've cleared all content without any problems and currently just need some levels to get the final large cluster.
Wow.

How is the play style of the build? Do you get locked up at all casting ice nova or anything of that sort? Thinking of trying this build.
"
Laere wrote:
"
Shacheh wrote:
Updating status, this is one of the most ridicilous builds I've ever done.
I was planning on making the anti chill/freeze boots but I don't feel like I need that stuff for anything at all.
I've cleared all content without any problems and currently just need some levels to get the final large cluster.
Wow.

How is the play style of the build? Do you get locked up at all casting ice nova or anything of that sort? Thinking of trying this build.

It's refreshing. I don't really get locked to selfcasting it at all, you'll get used to it fast.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕗᕙ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ IGN Exoj ░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕙᕗ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Word I was either going to try this build, CoC ice nova or pledge of hands arc archmage.
Hello Exiles,

i have a question.
how i can remove Bleeding if im using Sulphur Flask and Cinderellas Urn in combination?
At this point, i have to remove the Life Flask(remove bleeding) or remove the Diamond Flask (remove curses).
Have someone a hint for me?
Last edited by xChester02x on Jul 26, 2020, 8:40:56 AM
"
xChester02x wrote:
Hello Exiles,

i have a question.
how i can remove Bleeding if im using Sulphur Flask and Cinderellas Urn in combination?
At this point, i have to remove the Life Flask(remove bleeding) or remove the Diamond Flask (remove curses).

If you have corrupted blood immunity on a jewel, you do not need bleed removal on a flask. If you don't have corrupted blood immunity, flasks should be as follows:

1) Cinderswallow
2) Bottled Faith
3) Enduring Eternal Mana Flask
4) Diamond Flask
5) Quuicksilver Flask

You should have some form of curse removal (warding), bleed removal (staunching), and freeze/chill removal (heat) on your non-unique flasks. If you choose to go with chill/freeze immune boots, you have even more flexibility. A life flask is unnecessary given the amount of both ES and life leech the build has in combination with Cinderswallow sustain.
Is Cloak of Defiance decent for this build? I have a 6L cloak and tight budget. Can I still do all content reliably? We use Farrul only for the charges right?
got a hard time finding the Large cluster jewels on Standard. If anyone can craft them or is selling them for a normal price... shoot me a message / PM

This jewel I am talking about:

1 Added Passive Skill is Blanketed Snow
1 Added Passive Skill is Disorienting Display
1 Added Passive Skill is Snowstorm

And:

1 Added Passive Skill is Blanketed Snow
1 Added Passive Skill is Disorienting Display
1 Added Passive Skill is Prismatic Heart
Last edited by intered on Jul 27, 2020, 2:34:09 PM
"
"
xChester02x wrote:
Hello Exiles,

i have a question.

If you have corrupted blood immunity on a jewel, you do not need bleed removal on a flask. If you don't have corrupted blood immunity, flasks should be as follows:

1) Cinderswallow
2) Bottled Faith
3) Enduring Eternal Mana Flask
4) Diamond Flask
5) Quuicksilver Flask

You should have some form of curse removal (warding), bleed removal (staunching), and freeze/chill removal (heat) on your non-unique flasks. If you choose to go with chill/freeze immune boots, you have even more flexibility. A life flask is unnecessary given the amount of both ES and life leech the build has in combination with Cinderswallow sustain.

To add to that, something to consider is making the build completely ailment-immune. I managed to do that by crafting max-rolled ailment avoidance on helmet, gloves and body armour. This puts me at 85% ailment avoidance. Then I socketed a large Thread of Hope into upper-middle jewel socket, allowing me to allocate Heart of Ice (and few other passives). This frees up amulet anointment, which is changed to allocate Crystal Skin. This puts the character at 100% ailment avoidance (also gives a nice +1 all max res from crystal skin).

All this makes it kinda tricky to squeeze all attribute and resistance requirements, so some of them are fixed with jewel mods.

I still occasionally run bleed removal flask, even though I use corrupted blood immunity jewel, because some Harvest bosses got me multiple times with some nasty regular bleeds (i think it was mailny yellow T4 seeds iirc).

Current gear for reference:

Spoiler

Another thing I've seen people do is stacking 10% of a given avoidance on 10 jewels in harvest implicits, which could be used to become immune to one elemental ailment, poison or ele reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info