[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
sephrik wrote:
So, is Farrul's still a mainstay in the build in harvest? You can easily craft a frenzy charge on hit chest with like additional curse or something. Would that not be better?

I'm thinking about this as well. Aspect of the Cat does give crit/cast speed depending on which stance you're in at the moment, so you'd lose out on that if you drop Farrul's. But it would be easy to craft a pretty slick chest with the Crusader explode mod + Crusader power charge on crit + Redeemer frenzy charge on hit. I don't think that the explode is super useful for this build, but it would be easy to target craft such an item, and I think it would be pretty competitive with Farrul's. Going for Frenzy + additional curse means you don't get easy power charges, which means you miss out on the elemental penetration from Conviction of Power.
Last edited by Azbroolah on Jul 6, 2020, 10:48:44 PM
"
Azbroolah wrote:

I'm thinking about this as well. Aspect of the Cat does give crit/cast speed depending on which stance you're in at the moment, so you'd lose out on that if you drop Farrul's. But it would be easy to craft a pretty slick chest with the Crusader explode mod + Crusader power charge on crit + Redeemer frenzy charge on hit. I don't think that the explode is super useful for this build, but it would be easy to target craft such an item, and I think it would be pretty competitive with Farrul's. Going for Frenzy + additional curse means you don't get easy power charges, which means you miss out on the elemental penetration from Conviction of Power.

Quick followup to this. I had forgotten that Stormrider gives power charges, so you don't need the PCOC mod from Crusader influence. I dropped a cheeky Awakener's Orb from my last Sirus, so I threw together this:

After a bit of fiddling in PoB I'm pretty confident that this will outperform Farrul's (plus it ended up actually being cheaper to obtain than a 6L Farrul's, ironically... Harvest is not balanced). Gonna do some work rolling cluster jewels and then give this build a shot with my new chest :)
this league has opened up many fun crafting options wow. not quite mirror tier stuff yet but these items are really making this build feel smooth in the end game

edit: deathless shaper/elder/uber elder and awakener 7. i died on awakener 8 twice. i'll drop him clean eventually.
Last edited by gmofosho89 on Jul 12, 2020, 3:03:00 AM
"
Azbroolah wrote:
"
Azbroolah wrote:

Quick followup to this. I had forgotten that Stormrider gives power charges, so you don't need the PCOC mod from Crusader influence. I dropped a cheeky Awakener's Orb from my last Sirus, so I threw together this:

After a bit of fiddling in PoB I'm pretty confident that this will outperform Farrul's (plus it ended up actually being cheaper to obtain than a 6L Farrul's, ironically... Harvest is not balanced). Gonna do some work rolling cluster jewels and then give this build a shot with my new chest :)

Any guide on crafting this chest? Should I go additional curse and frenzy, then use awakener's orb and use seed craft for spell crit to finish?
Last edited by Paper36 on Jul 9, 2020, 9:43:46 PM
"
Paper36 wrote:

Any guide on crafting this chest? Should I go additional curse and frenzy, then use awakener's orb and use seed craft for spell crit to finish?

Yep! One of my friends got the 6W iLv 100 Vaal Regalia for a couple exalts and we've been beastsplitting it to get our crafting bases; I think you should be able to get ahold of one for less than 2ex right now.

I Redeemer orb'd it and then alt-spammed for the Frenzy Charge mod, and Awakener-orbed the Additional Curse (since Frenzy and Curse don't have tags to target for Harvest).

You have to get a bit lucky with the Awakener's Orb to have something you can continue to craft on; basically just pray you don't get mana, stun/block recovery, or attributes. I ended up with a couple of crappy ES prefixes and a low-roll lightning resist, in addition to the Frenzy/Curse. I removed the ES mods, augmented Life, then did remove/add Life until I got the T2 life roll, then augmented Life again for the hunter %-life. The spell crit is a guaranteed slam with Caster augment, and fixing the lightning resist was just using remove/add lightning.
Vaal
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕗᕙ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ IGN Exoj ░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑ᕙᕗ๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Last edited by Shacheh on Mar 15, 2021, 7:45:07 AM
digging the build
Last edited by gmofosho89 on Jul 14, 2020, 12:58:47 AM
I was wondering, with all the crafting that we can do with Harvest, is it possible now to craft a staff that would outperform PoH? There is some potential in a shaper/redeemer base...
how about herald of ice & faster project support to frostbolt for mapping?
This is the third league I've played this build now and I've never been disappointed, but damn does Harvest really push it over the top. Some of the crazy items that have been easy to craft this league:

"Last" thing I'm dragging my feet on is shelling out for Bottled Faith; I feel like I'll probably just keep running Zana missions until I can SSF one, but we'll see. Not like I need it anyways -- everything is melting instantly with this gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info