[3.23] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 150m DPS | All Content

I had so much fun with this build in metamorph I decided to do it again. I started leveling yesterday and I have this ridiculous double corrupted goldrim that dropped for my starter in a vaal side area

+4 levels to ice nova

I'm at the end of the story now melting everything and ready to switch to Pledge and I just picked up a 1.92% bottled faith that i got for my BL miner

lets go

"
Shacheh wrote:

Large cluster jewels have been a pain to roll but I suppose the patch makes it nicer.

Spent exalt worth in alterations, got nothing. Still a pain.
"
I would highly encourage people to craft one ring instead of going for a dual Essence Worm setup. The following ring took me an hour to craft with a <10ex investment and pretty easy targetable gardencrafts. It ends up being more DPS than a Hatred Essence Worm, allows you to keep Faster Casting on your Frostbolt 6L, keeps your mana multiplier lower for Precision and Clarity (allowing you to level them up higher, if you so choose), and can give you more customization if you want to squeeze in some more life/dex into the build.

That ring is worth something like 30-40ex.

It is definitely better than the second Essence Worm, though, if you hit the seedcrafts for it / have enough currency to buy one.
Last edited by Arcinde on Jul 4, 2020, 10:39:51 PM
Harvest is an interesting league for self-crafting, I guess:

I spent over 50 divines trying to hit 99/10% life, but it's playing really hard to get.
Getting the cluster jewels is super easy, just use the seed crafts. (cold craft for large jewels, attack craft for the curse jewel)

i've decided to revisit the frostbolt-icenova combo from the last time i played i've played it in metamorph (didnt do this guide doe, went for a low-life, energy shield focus).

so far i like this veriation alot, even though it is abit lacking in the survivability department, its fairly common to get 1shot on beefed up t16 maps and i dont really see this build (as advertised in the pwoerpoint presentation) doing T19 beefed up maps easily. ya'll can look at my profile as a point of reference to which stage of the build im talking about, but it does seem fairly glass-cannonish (not as bad as a full glass cannon due to the mana-to-life stats this build employs doe)
"
SoulRus wrote:
Getting the cluster jewels is super easy, just use the seed crafts. (cold craft for large jewels, attack craft for the curse jewel)

i've decided to revisit the frostbolt-icenova combo from the last time i played i've played it in metamorph (didnt do this guide doe, went for a low-life, energy shield focus).

so far i like this veriation alot, even though it is abit lacking in the survivability department, its fairly common to get 1shot on beefed up t16 maps and i dont really see this build (as advertised in the pwoerpoint presentation) doing T19 beefed up maps easily. ya'll can look at my profile as a point of reference to which stage of the build im talking about, but it does seem fairly glass-cannonish (not as bad as a full glass cannon due to the mana-to-life stats this build employs doe)

I'm thinking your playstyle is at fault here. I go far more glass cannon than Arc suggests, and I have farmed t19 triple beyond/nemesis fully juiced maps the past two leagues without issue.
I stand corrected, similar rings to Rofl's are popping up for <20ex now. In fact there are several high end upgrades which are a lot more accessible with seeds now.

- Stuff I've used before but didn't put on the guide due to usually being very expensive (like %life stygians, -cold helms) should be easier to get now
- Augment speed or augment crit can be used to instantly create tailwind boots (these seedcrafts tend to be worth a lot though)
- Some uniques can be replaced with very high-end items:
* As someone mentioned earlier a good frenzy charge on hit chest is better than Farrul's. Maybe Awakener Orbed with spellcrit or power charge on crit and finish by augment lucky life + crafting bench %life/mana.
* +1 cold/+1 int gems neck combined with a couple other good mods, can be better than Pandemonius if you get blind from other sources (like disorienting display)

My own character is pretty basic still as I haven't played too much this league. The league feels a bit weird to me, it gives us OP crafts but doesn't add any hard content to use the OP gear on. Big contrast from Delirium where for max delirium maps I actually felt like, wow I need more damage for this, better work on getting some big upgrades.

Also with regards to survivability, I switched to Immortal Call instead of Steelskin and I kind of like it more. This build is lacking in phys mitigation and Immortal Call helps quite a bit there for mapping. I use it with lvl 20 CWDT to reduce useless procs that just waste our endurance charges.
Last edited by Arcinde on Jul 5, 2020, 10:39:56 PM
I have mentioned the same thing repeatedly on my stream: this league has hyper-accelerated the rate at which I can get endgame (and previously mirror-tier) gear, but I have absolutely nothing new to use it on, so what's really the point except for the sake of min-maxing?

Like I made this stuff today super easily, and at this point I'm just throwing currency at it to get perfect rolls on everything:

Last edited by RoflsALot on Jul 6, 2020, 7:31:41 AM
How you use smoke mine? You don't have it on panel.
"
balyasmax wrote:
How you use smoke mine? You don't have it on panel.

It's on my 2nd bar (the one you press Ctrl to access). It shares cooldown with Flame Dash so I don't need to see it. You can rebind the Ctrl-Q, etc. to whatever you want, it doesn't need to be a Ctrl keybind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info