[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

man i hope we get an updated build before launch! Arc we love you <3 I want to play the best build i have ever played tomorrow \o/
on the slide 24 on your detailed guide you talk about an area called "1 - Budget build on POB" but you dont have it I think (or I didnt find it). Is it somewhere on your POB file? I mean, what do I pick at really early levels? the build is almost just crit or stave nodes at the beginning, which I think a person dont have access to at early game
Apologies for the delay. The updated guide is up. It has a leveling tree as well which takes staff nodes last.

The guide is mostly just streamlined to give players who are new to this build a better experience. Standard and Delve variants were gotten rid of, they were pretty outdated. It is now a single progression from leveling -> budget gear (Basic Build) -> step by step upgrades toward the Premium Build.

There is a bit of new info at the FAQ section where I put long walls of text. Notably I have tested Cold Conduction again and it seems to work properly now (15% base scaling with effect of shock / non-damaging ailments).

The only change I made to the tree for 3.11 is to swap Light of Divinity for Elemental Focus. The former got nerfed and the latter has effect of non-damaging ailments which is pretty good for us now.
Last edited by Arcinde on Jun 19, 2020, 12:20:12 AM
"
Adkopf wrote:
"
KillerKookie wrote:
Thoughts on Glancing Blows?

Also any good leveling tips for this? Been a minute and I was never very good at leveling so could use some tips to get to maps faster.

I leveled it like this:
Holy Flame Totem + Infused Channeling + Added Fire damage
and Freezing Pulse

In Act 2 you get Wave of Conviction with Controlled Destruction + Concentrated Effect. Use HolyFlameTotem and Wave of Conviction till lv38 when you get Spell Eco, then you can use the normal set-up of the guide

Thanks, hopefully I can get through leveling fast enough :p

"
Arcinde wrote:
Apologies for the delay. The updated guide is up. It has a leveling tree as well which takes staff nodes last.

The guide is mostly just streamlined to give players who are new to this build a better experience. Standard and Delve variants were gotten rid of, they were pretty outdated. It is now a single progression from leveling -> budget gear (Basic Build) -> step by step upgrades toward the Premium Build.

There is a bit of new info at the FAQ section where I put long walls of text. Notably I have tested Cold Conduction again and it seems to work properly now (15% base scaling with effect of shock / non-damaging ailments).

The only change I made to the tree for 3.11 is to swap Light of Divinity for Elemental Focus. The former got nerfed and the latter has effect of non-damaging ailments which is pretty good for us now.

Thanks for all your hard work! I've played this build twice now and it's always worked great. I hope to go really hard this league and hopefully push further than I have in the past.
can i replace the cluster jewels with some tree skills? cus the cluster jewels wil be very rare and expensive...
Is this viable as a league starter?
"
Erevant wrote:

Sure. This is the second league that I started with ice nova and it went well.

Level up with holy flame totem + wave of conviction like other people suggested before in this thread.

At lvl 24 I bought reverberation rod for 1c, it has built in spell echo which allows us to transition to ice nova with dual wands. That carried next levels easily (as long as you don't mind spamming mana flask a bit).

At 36 bought prophecy for a couple of c and upgraded reverberation rod to amplification rod, which gives us a pseudo-6L in a wand, with gems similar to our target setup. That carries all the way to white maps and probably could easily go further.

Managed to buy The Pact set early for 18c total, but now PoH starts to climb in price so you might need to stick to wands or a rare staff a bit longer.
Slide 31 regarding Farrul's Fur notes:

"No need for 6-link or off-colors anymore"

But POB appears to shows both. I just picked a 6 link up and am absolutely not looking forward to trying to color this thing.

Am I missing something?
We keep using the "initial" gem setup slide until late endgame (lvl 5 awakened curse on hit / double essence worm setup). I wouldn't worry about it for a while yet.

final build #1 pob has the "normal" setup
final build #2 has the 5 off 6link awakened curse on hit stuff
"
Prypcio wrote:
"
Erevant wrote:

Sure. This is the second league that I started with ice nova and it went well.

Level up with holy flame totem + wave of conviction like other people suggested before in this thread.

At lvl 24 I bought reverberation rod for 1c, it has built in spell echo which allows us to transition to ice nova with dual wands. That carried next levels easily (as long as you don't mind spamming mana flask a bit).

At 36 bought prophecy for a couple of c and upgraded reverberation rod to amplification rod, which gives us a pseudo-6L in a wand, with gems similar to our target setup. That carries all the way to white maps and probably could easily go further.

Managed to buy The Pact set early for 18c total, but now PoH starts to climb in price so you might need to stick to wands or a rare staff a bit longer.

Exaclty! I didnt even upgrade my wand and got to map with a reverberation Rod and a shield, didnt have any problem regarding damage or survivability. Also, the Amplification Rod is just a better version of tabula for this build (cost effective wise) - Empower + intensify + spell echo + CD. Loving the build so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info