[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

I really like how you guys theorycraft this build to the extremes. Anyway I'm planning on playing this for the first time ever next league. Going block route with glancing blows. I read through the thread and saw mention about slower projectiles being bad for Frostbolt, why is that? Frozen Trail jewel already gives projectile speed to offset the slower projectile gem.

Also, is there a consesus for Conc. Effect after GGG fixed Pledge of Hands increasing Ice Nova's aoe?

Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/2hiL47sk

Feedback appreciated, but keep in mind I'm trying to league start with this so don't suggest OP items lol
"
hardoldsql wrote:
How this build perform in delve, and how is the survivability overall ?

I'm currently at 1.5K depth on this build, having killed every Aul that I found on the way there. At around 1K, you're going to want to start speccing for more damage and away from survivability as being able to tank hits down there would require you to give up way too much DPS.

That said, this build is not very suited for deep delving, as it requires two spell casts while standing still, which is usually a death sentence in deep delve.
Last edited by RoflsALot on Jun 4, 2020, 2:50:23 AM
Txn Arc and Rofl fro the comments. I'm hitting a wall and dying constantly which is really frustrating. Can you guys looks at my gear? Which gear is the most important to upgrade and in which order of priority? I'm a bit poor with only 170c left.....
Tnx for the help
"
Nashezbaernon wrote:
Txn Arc and Rofl fro the comments. I'm hitting a wall and dying constantly which is really frustrating. Can you guys looks at my gear? Which gear is the most important to upgrade and in which order of priority? I'm a bit poor with only 170c left.....
Tnx for the help

You need to share your character. Can't see your gear
Any thoughts on this in 3.11? No real changes to the build, right?
"
KillerKookie wrote:
Any thoughts on this in 3.11? No real changes to the build, right?

I didn't check all of the notable changes on the passive tree, but Cold Conduction got a 50% shock damage buff (still no clue as to whether they've decided to make it scalable). The only other changes that are relevant are the crit multi nerfs, but they're not that bad, so this build is still in a good place.
Frostbolt got a damage buff too, not sure if it does much though?
Arcinde you are the man. Looking forward to seeing the updates to your guide.

Also, thanks Rofl for all of your input and testing
Thoughts on Glancing Blows?

Also any good leveling tips for this? Been a minute and I was never very good at leveling so could use some tips to get to maps faster.
Last edited by KillerKookie on Jun 18, 2020, 8:09:29 AM
"
KillerKookie wrote:
Thoughts on Glancing Blows?

Also any good leveling tips for this? Been a minute and I was never very good at leveling so could use some tips to get to maps faster.

I leveled it like this:
Holy Flame Totem + Infused Channeling + Added Fire damage
and Freezing Pulse

In Act 2 you get Wave of Conviction with Controlled Destruction + Concentrated Effect. Use HolyFlameTotem and Wave of Conviction till lv38 when you get Spell Eco, then you can use the normal set-up of the guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info