[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Arcinde wrote:
Just did some painstaking testing for Cold Conduction and found out the following:

* The shock from Cold Conduction increases enemy damage taken by 10% (not 15% as was previously assumed).
* The modifiers "x% increased effect of shock" and "x% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" do NOT affect the shock from Cold Conduction.

I'm not sure how you even went about testing that, but Jesus. I really wish PoB would reflect Bonechill damage amplification so I could get a numerical feel for these ailment buffs we are aiming for. Regardless, casting Cold Snap is worth it if not for the significantly stronger Chill effect.
"
I'm not sure how you even went about testing that, but Jesus.

It involved tossing a lot of level 1 frostbolts at a skeleton. I would run Vitality and Conversion Trap it so I could heal it and keep reusing it. Then Resolute Technique to take away crit RNG. Finally some stacked Astonishing Affliction/Overshock cluster jewels to test stacking effect of shock. And yeah, this was how I assumed Cold Snap would work when I incorporated it into the build way back, but it's nice to have some confirmation.

This sounds like a meme, but I have improved the build by taking a THIRD large socket (near Resolute Technique) for a third copy of our Large Jewel (Blanketed Snow/Prismatic Heart/Widespread Destruction/2 Jewel Sockets). I got 7% more DPS and 12% chaos res for the cost of 2-3% less EHP, this will be mitigated as I get better jewels as I tossed my crappiest jewels in the last 2 sockets.

For this I deallocated Throatseeker, deallocated Holy Dominion and moved the pathing to the Purity of Flesh area, and swapped two spare life nodes for Purity of Flesh.

This setup is still experimental so it's not in the Final PoB yet, but you can check my character's skill tree.

The only potential issue I see is how much we rely on chill (3x Blanketed Snow, Pandemonius). 95% ailment avoid maps will be annoying, you can still toss down Cold Snap for guaranteed chill though. I think if you run Misinformation it'll bump it to 100% though, so I would avoid doing that.
Last edited by Arcinde on Apr 2, 2020, 3:58:50 AM
HC Viable with switching out some DPS nodes to more survivability?

The dps seems way more than adequate
"
Arcinde wrote:
Just did some painstaking testing for Cold Conduction and found out the following:

* The shock from Cold Conduction increases enemy damage taken by 10% (not 15% as was previously assumed).
* The modifiers "x% increased effect of shock" and "x% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" do NOT affect the shock from Cold Conduction.

While I was at it, I also checked Skitterbots and Bonechill:
* The shock from base Skitterbots is 15%, as expected.
* The modifiers "x% increased effect of shock" and "x% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" do NOT affect the shock from Skitterbots.
* However, the modifier "Minions have x% increased Shock Effect" from the Skitterbots gem itself DOES affect the shock value.
* The modifier "x% increased effect of chill" and "x% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" DO affect Bonechill from Chilling Ground such as Cold Snap (up to the chill cap of 30%). Thus if you have 200% increased chill effect on your Cold Snap which is supported by Bonechill, then an enemy standing in your Cold Snap would take 30% increased damage.

So in conclusion:
* Cold Conduction is still 100% worth it for the free 10% shock.
* The "x% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" is not as strong as I originally thought, since it only affects Bonechill and not Cold Conduction. Still, it does increase DPS.

Did you write a bug report about this ? It certainly feels like a bug. If you shock something, shock effect should increase the effect of the shock. It's not like the stat is "decreased shock threshold", it's "increased shock effect"
Hey guys. I don't normally like to clog up the threads with gearing help. But this build is probably the most complex I've tried to run before and I was just seeking some guidance on where best to start investing. I dont know if I should focus on like Farruls Fur and other items gear, or jewels for the tree. Thanks much!
Hi, for your Timeless Jewel, I see you went with the spell crit notable. Is that the best for this build or would cold damage be better?
Hi, I've been using this build since league start, somewhat casual player. I'm really struggling with gearing on this build, I've been following the PowerPoint as closely as possible, and I've completely hit a wall with t13-16 map bosses. I am getting insta ripped every time and can barely chip away at health when I manage to evade attacks. Any help would be much appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/tRKrhHya <-- POB of my character
Spell crit vs. cold pen on Glorious Vanity depends on your character, note that the cold pen can roll 2-4%, if it rolls 4% it's probably better, 2% it's probably worse.

For the people that asked for help - buy a 21 Ice Nova or Vaal Ice Nova, it'll help. Pandemonius is a decent first major upgrade, it's both offensive & defensive. Then 6 link pledge.

Someone asked about Atziri, you can run Sibyl's Lament + Soul of Yugul to counter reflect. If you're running Essence Worm it's an easy ring swap, don't have to mess with resists or anything.

I came across this bug report today and confirmed it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2817565/page/1

Basically Greater Spell Echo's bonuses aren't affecting us right now, resulting in an average of 35% less DPS (and less area). Hopefully it's not intended / gets fixed soon. It's kinda funny that I hadn't noticed this already though. This league's powercreep with cluster jewels almost make up for the DPS loss.
Thanks for replying Arcinde! I also felt that damage was missing, but I assumed it was on my build/char and not the GSE effect. Let us pray GGG fixes it quickly.
First of all: Thank you for that awesome build and guide. I really enjoy it.

I am good to go and I think at around 2,7m shaper dps.

For further upgrades I always compare your character to mine and imported your characater into pob. But passives aren't activated in cluster jewels so I did it myself and when I ticked all sockets and notables you must had more passive points than possible.

Now I saw your endgame pob and it goes off. I see you didnt went into widespread destruction. May I ask why you want it on the jewel then?
Or do I miss something else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info