[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

can i just verify something, as im starting this build now, and kinda struggling with 2 points.

1) you have a mandatory staff, that supports everything with level 30 spell echo, and then you still want to run spell echo in the links? so... double spell echo essentially?

2) how many times are you guys casting frostbolts before you start spamming the nova?
"
SMOKALOT wrote:
Arcane cloak and archmage support are not good for the build?

Arcane Cloak is fine for fights where you can predict big hits coming that you have trouble dodging.

Archmage is bad--added lightning does nothing for us and we don't have enough natural mana regen/leech to sustain the heavy mana costs.

"
Greystreett wrote:
can i just verify something, as im starting this build now, and kinda struggling with 2 points.

1) you have a mandatory staff, that supports everything with level 30 spell echo, and then you still want to run spell echo in the links? so... double spell echo essentially?

2) how many times are you guys casting frostbolts before you start spamming the nova?

1) GSE and SE stack
2) One frostbolt then hold down your Ice Nova button until you're unhappy with your FB position, at which point you recast FB.
Last edited by RoflsALot on Mar 30, 2020, 9:28:55 PM
"
1) you have a mandatory staff...

Just to clarify, you can get to yellow maps with a basic rare 4L - I spent 1 alch on one at 40 because nothing was dropping, and it got me to yellows no problem.
when I try to load the 3.10 (final build ) my PoB crash can i see the tree somwhere else ?
I had no problem with the final in 168.
Hi, got 2 questions.

1. The build uses Controlled Destruction Support, which reduces crit chance to 0. How come you still use Diamond flask and get skill nodes that increase crit chance and damage? Am I missing something?

2. What's conviction of power for? Since by reading the desc, it applies for totem users only.

Currently enjoying this build btw, cheap and can run red maps with less than 1 ex budget.

Thank you for the help!
Thank you for an amazing guide. it's helping me a lot.
I just had a quick question. Why do you take Master of Fear from cluster jewels?
Are there any curses used in the build? I'm sorry if i'm asking a stupid question but this is my second league.

But again thanks for the amazing build :D
"
JKing_ wrote:
Hi, got 2 questions.

1. The build uses Controlled Destruction Support, which reduces crit chance to 0. How come you still use Diamond flask and get skill nodes that increase crit chance and damage? Am I missing something?

2. What's conviction of power for? Since by reading the desc, it applies for totem users only.

Currently enjoying this build btw, cheap and can run red maps with less than 1 ex budget.

Thank you for the help!

Controlled Destruction is "100% reduced" crit chance, not "100% less," so it doesn't mean that you can't crit as long as you have more than "100% increased" critical strike chance (for example if you have 400% increased critical strike chance, then Controlled Destruction brings you down to 300% increased critical strike chance).

Conviction of Power does not only apply to totems; you get the benefits of every part of the node except "50% chance to gain a Power charge when you summon a totem."

"
hugosgj wrote:
Thank you for an amazing guide. it's helping me a lot.
I just had a quick question. Why do you take Master of Fear from cluster jewels?
Are there any curses used in the build? I'm sorry if i'm asking a stupid question but this is my second league.

But again thanks for the amazing build :D

The final build uses a Curse on Hit ring (Assassin's Mark or Frostbite, depending on which version of the build).
Last edited by Azbroolah on Mar 31, 2020, 11:45:01 AM
"
Great guide and great build, probably was my fastest 36 challenges using this build. Managed to do all content and can probably do more, if i feel like it.

Spoiler

My gear this league, and obviously it can have many improvements.

That curse ring is REALLY impressive.
how about use:
cyclone + cast while channeling + frostbolt + ...
staff with cast while channeling
ice nova gems on staff with 6 links
then when using cyclone, frostbolt and ice nova can auto cast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info