3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

Hey again guys, still goin strong and closing in on maps. when i get there (HC) any tip on what to improve next? since my main died Before i could get some decent currency going its hard to know!
Regards
"
Hey again guys, still goin strong and closing in on maps. when i get there (HC) any tip on what to improve next? since my main died Before i could get some decent currency going its hard to know!
Regards

Get Hegemony staff as soon you hit lvl 68!
Raise your hp, get Hyrri's Truth or hinekora's sight for accuracy until later.
Char starts to feel a lot better after getting Blitz in uber lab. Beware, Izaro is harder than before!
Skip morphs until they roll out patch this week, because there is a bug so you can't freeze them.

SS
"
rts230 wrote:
Why do you use damage on full life if you are never actually at full life most of the time?

You are, because of overleech (belt gives you overleech) even though it doesn't show full life bar it works. You can be even on low life but if you are leeching to full it works! It's against logic and rules i know...
It's a common thing used by all Slayers with overleech and it works always exclusively with overleech or CI.

Don't worry, it's 100% proven to work. I wouldn't play on 5L xD
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 4, 2020, 6:48:36 PM
"
"
unhappymeal wrote:
I'm looking to do a Marauder for my next build. Any idea how GH compares to Ground Slam/stun for clear and safety?

It's better than GS. Only advantage GS has over GH is Vaal Ground Slam which can clear whole screen on skill use when mapping. That feels great.
Everything else is pretty much in favor of GH, damage, safety, feel...

"
unhappymeal wrote:
I decided to just do Glacial Hammer. I cannot decide which is more fun: your Dragon's Breath build or this. How do you consistently make such fun builds? :O

We had a discussion on forum and people be like, melee unplayable, GH sucks balls, everything melee sucks balls...
And I was like, -hold my beer... xD :P

Thanks again! Am I to guess that between the two builds, Dragon's Breath kills faster and the GH one is tankier?
I am trying to figure out your single target damage is so much higher than mine, mine seems extremely bad so i have most of what i need i believe
"
rts230 wrote:
I am trying to figure out your single target damage is so much higher than mine, mine seems extremely bad so i have most of what i need i believe

Hi, i understand the frustration, because on the surface everything looks the same but the Devil is in the details. Especially in attack builds.

Here are the things that influence damage difference between your char and mine in PoB (im comparing with normal gems):

main stuff

1. 3x good rare jewels
2 crit multi mods + life + optional attack speed/generic damage

I have 497% crit multi, you have 422%.

2. Boot enchant

small stuff (this is the devil)

1. my staff has little better rolls
2. i have 9% more attack speed on gloves
3. my Atziri's Promise and Lion's Roar have better rolls (seems stupid but it's what it is)
4. Herald of Ice needs 20% quality
5. Get 20% quality on Blood Rage and get it to lvl 13 at least

It took me like 30 mins to go over everything :(
Small things add up in the end and that is the problem. I knew this will be the case with you because i played lots of attack builds before.

Also when you check your PoB you must use workaround from Kaom's Heart in my PoB. You should edit some item and copy/paste that text because PoB doesn't calculate Multistrike right, Tempered Flesh is not calculated at all like 15% chance to deal double damage from War Bringer ascendancy node.

Don't be frustrated. This is a normal thing in making a good crit attack build/character.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 5, 2020, 12:07:53 AM
Thank you very much for the reply and I will work on it!!
alright update on build, level 92. Sirus was actually insane as a boss fight. Literally 1 shot. I don't think it's anything specific to the build, but more along the lines of melee being weak against the boss fight because all the skills Sirus does are INSANE amounts of damage and the leech simply does not heal through most/all of it. Had to use a boss killing service, but otherwise build is great for up to T16 Awakened level 4 so far.

PoB in case you're interested:
https://pastebin.com/1ubQHu0H

items, because they look pretty LOL

if you look at the PoB, the disabled skills are just offhand gems im leveling :P
"
JackalOG wrote:
alright update on build, level 92. Sirus was actually insane as a boss fight. Literally 1 shot. I don't think it's anything specific to the build, but more along the lines of melee being weak against the boss fight because all the skills Sirus does are INSANE amounts of damage and the leech simply does not heal through most/all of it. Had to use a boss killing service, but otherwise build is great for up to T16 Awakened level 4 so far.
Spoiler

PoB in case you're interested:
https://pastebin.com/1ubQHu0H

items, because they look pretty LOL

if you look at the PoB, the disabled skills are just offhand gems im leveling :P

You missed the build update btw.

Sirius :/ It's a mechanical fight that needs to be learned.
I'm 100% sure you can tank the lasers from the "little" Sirius. Only thing you have to dodge is when fighting is when he says "DIE!" (every third/fourth beam), because it's a triple beam and it will one shot pretty much anything.
But, you didn't took the nodes on the top life/chaos res. For Sirius chaos res needs to go up and I know it's an issue since in current setup resistances are super tight. I'm preparing one more update that will provide room to make chaos res even capped.
Weaker melee chars completed it at lvl 8, some players did it with this one too.
Your gear needs to be improved in some areas...

Ty for the feedback, it's always appreciated. :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 5, 2020, 7:50:31 AM
Has GGG acknowledged that the no freezing metamorphs thing is a bug? It's making this league mechanic super annoying. It makes you wonder how they missed no freezing, but you can still hinder, shock, burn and stun metamorphs...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info