3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

"

It's ok, it's related to the build.
Battle Cry node is worth taking. Cry's with Berserker and War Briger are underestimated.

see this:
Rallying Cry is a warcry skill that taunts nearby enemies and grants increased damage based on the number of nearby enemies and mana regeneration to you and your allies.

Instances: Rallying Cry can have an indefinite number of hidden stacks active, of which each loses its Duration naturally, but only the strongest one is shown as active buff, getting replaced by the second strongest when running out.
Rallying Cry
(140-178)% increased Damage per one hundred nearby Enemies
(10-16)% increased Damage
Pretty good damage boost just from 1 Cry on top of other effects!

What I have in mind is, if you take War Bringer and both notables on the tree, and link Increased Duration too, you can get +275% inc duration and +130% inc cooldown recovery and you can have 2 warcries with close to 100% uptime. Warcries share cooldown, but with the above your cooldown is now 1,74 sec / warcry skill. Since Rallying cry and Abyssal cry have a long duration anyway, they doesn't really matter, but Enduring cry doesn't, and you want to use that with one of the other 2 cry imo. So with the above Enduring cry can get to 2,8 sec duration (or 3,48 sec so 100% uptime if you reach out for the Scion increased skill effect nodes).

Now you have extra regen, extra damage and endurance charges (which makes Immortal Call even better as a defensive setup). All alongside all the buffs from War Bringer and the nodes, so:
- +30% attack speed and +10% movement speed
- 15% chance to deal double damage
(not counting increased buff effect in and life/mana recovery)
And these are all going to be up always since you use warcries every ~2 seconds anyway.

The big downside is constant keyboarding, you have to use at least one cry skill every few second, alongside with flasks and movement skills.
And that's why I think it doesn't really worth it,it's just too troublesome.
"
sirdond wrote:

The big downside is constant keyboarding, you have to use at least one cry skill every few second, alongside with flasks and movement skills.
And that's why I think it doesn't really worth it,it's just too troublesome.

Well I dunno what that build is about but it has potential. Could be viable with item interactions i guess. It doesn't have to be best build in the world as long it has something interesting about it or some kind of specialization. We can continue chat thru PM. :)
"

Well I dunno what that build is about but it has potential. Could be viable with item interactions i guess. It doesn't have to be best build in the world as long it has something interesting about it or some kind of specialization. We can continue chat thru PM. :)

Thanks, but I don't really have a build complete, I just try to utilize the war cry mechanic somehow. So I look at existing interesting builds :) Maybe, I will try to get together a build in PoB before the launch.
If it dont get nerfed i will try it in next league.
lvling section??
"
ianpgerman wrote:
lvling section??

Look at the very beginning of the build ^^

"*Leveling section is to be added and pastebin refreshed when 3.9 starts.
*not a league starter build"

Also, if you haven't seen, there are 5 trees (from 25 skill points to 118), it's a really, really good job.
"
Grosbool wrote:

Look at the very beginning of the build ^^

"*Leveling section is to be added and pastebin refreshed when 3.9 starts.
*not a league starter build"

Also, if you haven't seen, there are 5 trees (from 25 skill points to 118), it's a really, really good job.

Tyty :)
Busy playing your elementalist build and totally loving it, and now I see this build...bro why haven't I discovered thee earlier xD Keep the builds coming bro:D +rep*9000

Also, the reason behind this build not being a league starter is due to the fossil crafting and the ring crafts, I would assume?

Thanks once again :D
"
PhantomZA wrote:
Busy playing your elementalist build and totally loving it, and now I see this build...bro why haven't I discovered thee earlier xD Keep the builds coming bro:D +rep*9000

Also, the reason behind this build not being a league starter is due to the fossil crafting and the ring crafts, I would assume?

Thanks once again :D

tyty :D nice to hear good feedback!

I didn't had time to test it bare naked (ssf like) and optimize it to start the league with.
Although theoretically you can start the league with anything, general rule of thumb is that attack based builds (ranged or melee) are worse than casters. One simple reason, casters scale damage out of skill gem level. Attack builds need items and constant upgrades to keep up. Since you'll have close to no currency at the league start it will make your progression slower with attack based char.

Good starter build should carry you well into the maps with 0 or very little currency.
"
Iean wrote:
If it dont get nerfed i will try it in next league.

It won't get nerfed 100%! It will be buffed with new Ancestral Call and Multristrike PLUS support gems by a lot. I'm 100% sure on that too. :D
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 9, 2019, 4:42:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info